VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh.. just tasted my entry for the Barleywine cat.. undercarbed .. oh well.. expect feedback that reflects that !

First time with the online entry....I like it. Last minute question, in previous years I've put my entries in something and padded them etc...wondering if I can just drop the bottles themselves to the venue?

Cheers

dan@twtr_dan said:
Dear Committee, this may be a silly question, but I just wanted to check that Ballarat Home Brew Centre is still on the drop/collection point since the recent change in ownership.. I just wanted to to double check in case I needed to get to G&G on Saturday for a mercy dash.. (which is always not a bad thing..)
Yep, it's still a designated drop point.

citizensnips said:
First time with the online entry....I like it. Last minute question, in previous years I've put my entries in something and padded them etc...wondering if I can just drop the bottles themselves to the venue?

Cheers
In short, NO.

Long answer: We need to pre-sort all the bottles & re-label them into category & judging order off-site before they get to the venue. That takes time & is why all entries need to be dropped to a designated collection point by 12pm this Saturday & no late-entries will be accepted. The venue has no storage facilities available.

Sorry I meant collection point. Can we just drop our bottles to the collection point?

Cheers

Doubled my entries this year from 1 to 2!! Spewing I can't make it to help out, had a ball last year as steward. Will endeavour to help next year. Good luck to all [emoji106]

citizensnips said:
Sorry I meant collection point. Can we just drop our bottles to the collection point?

Cheers
Yep, no problems. They should have crates/boxes available.

don't forget to get ya entries in, I put mine in last night. The count is around 350, so still a lot more required :)

yes - good luck to all!

my first vicbrew participation both in entries and assisting - looking forward to it

I'm down for Saturday and Sunday, I would appreciate it if you have enough people for the Saturday that I am pushed into the Sunday only - it's just that I have to pay for two nights in a hotel but that's all OK and I'm happy to do both days still no problemo

is there a hotel downhill or downstream from the venue?

Sunday only is fine, my good man. We'll need more bodies that day anyway & the beers are generally more interesting, so all good.

MartinOC said:
Sunday only is fine, my good man. We'll need more bodies that day anyway & the beers are generally more interesting, so all good.
mate that's awesome, if the brown sticky stuff hits the fan in the days leading up to it, i can revert to the original plan, cheers

droid said:
mate that's awesome, if the brown sticky stuff hits the fan in the days leading up to it, i can revert to the original plan, cheers
I'll be doing Sunday as well, got a bungalow if you need it.. Or you Martin..

nice one J - does the Bungalow come with any complimentary's?

Ah feck it - I suppose I could enter one or two...

Would a rhubarb saison that has lost most of it's rhubarb-y flavour (still adds a nice tartness) do better in a spec category, or just enter under saison?

Does it taste like a saison or a rhubarb saison?
Either decide yourself or enter the same beer in both categories.

Yob said:
I'll be doing Sunday as well, got a bungalow if you need it.. Or you Martin..
Already thought of offering the couch, but the pooches would probably want to sleep with him....& I have little beer available.

Yob said:
It's got a shed near it... Should be well stocked
I think that's a much better offer.

Entries in, filled in form to volunteer to steward on Sunday. Happy to do whatever though.

Now just need to negotiate the leave pass...

And drop the entries off...

Latest posts

Back