VICBREW 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Martin....hijacking the thread a little.. but for those keen to test out their beers in a bjcp registered interclub comp prior to Vicbrew 2015, Geelong Craft Brewers will be holding a competition on September 5th. This competition is inviting entries from 2014 Vicbrew's 5 most popular categories, based on number of entries. These being:

Amber & Dark Lager
Bitter Ale
Pale Ale
American Pale Ale
Specialty

Plenty of great prizes on offer, including a $200 gift voucher from Grain and Grape awarded to Champion Brewer.

Entries close Saturday, August 28th. For more details, including prizes, entry conditions, pick up points, etc, visit our website http://www.geelongcraftbrewers.org/index.php/top-5

Cheers!

beaker said:
Just paid for my entry on compmaster, no error message for me.

First entry into a homebrew comp, kind of exciting, especially as I've just noticed I've been lurking on here for three years! Time to get amongst it eh.
Geez, mate. That's some SERIOUS restraint!!

Wouldn't it be ironic if you were to take-out Best Novice & Champion Beer of Show gongs....

It's becoming a bit of a trend to have a novice take out the comp in a clean sweep... Good luck Beaker, and thanks for the "all's well" report!

Cheers,

Andy

When completing an online entry, you don't have to list any information compared to the written entry form: i.e. yeast used, OG, FG.
Is this correct?

Long story short, that extra information requirement goes back a long time & AndyD will be incorporating them into the new version of CM as it's developed.

Sweet, entries done and paid for. Bottle a couple of them this weekend/warm up in brew fridge and drop off early next month

MartinOC said:
Long story short, that extra information requirement goes back a long time & AndyD will be incorporating them into the new version of CM as it's developed.
This concerned me for my entries, didn't see where to put it in CM

Was going to put vital stat's on the bottle so you can catch it at sorting out the serving order?

Any additional information provided by the brewer is REALLY only relevant for Specialties. All the others go by the designated sub-style (in random serving order) within categories, which generally get served in increasing colour & ABV content.

Clear as mud? I know that may sound convoluted, but it works.

This is the second call for JUDGES and STEWARDS for VicBrew 2015.
So far we have only half the number of people required to have everything run smoothly. If you're able to help out at all, please get in touch.
If you've already contacted us, thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
Please pass this message along to club email lists and any friends or acquaintances who may be interested in judging or stewarding at Vicbrew this year.

Vicbrew will be held on the 26th and 27th of September at the Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melway 2F E7. This is a BJCP sanctioned and registered competition, and all judges are welcome.

Could you please fill out the form located here http://goo.gl/forms/eH1jAQIzQ0 with your details and preferences.

Starting times for the sessions are expected to be:

Morning session (9.00 am start):
Afternoon session (1 pm start, 5pm finish):

Lunch will be provided for all judges and stewards.

If you have questions, or the online form isn't working for you, feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks for your assistance,

Mort Piripi

on behalf of the VicBrew2015 organising committee

Saturday is always the busiest day. I'll get Mort to identify the gaps & post-up here.

Where would a belgian style wheat (ie orange and coriander-ish) fit in the Vicbrew categories?

Is OK... Belgian Wits got changed from the Wheat beer category to Farmhouse a few years ago.

Baltic Porters are still in the Porter category (rather than strong/dark lager...?? :huh: ).

Milds are in the low alcohol category, whereas traditionally, an OG of 1080 for milds was not uncommon....

Just go with the flow mate....

Works for me. Separate categories for two different wheaties I'm considering entering

Latest posts

Back