Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i know im gonna get toasted on this one but as a result of recent working commitments i have been unable to get myself in a position where i can properly brew a beer to a standard thats suitable to swap so it is with much regret that i am with drwaing myself from this years swap , sorry for the latish notice but i was hoping things would allow me to brew , but its just got to the stage where im not going to be able to do it in sufficient time for the swap day ....

sorry and fire away with the insults ... i know theyre comin

:ph34r:

esky....ice.....beer....= cold beer.
geez mate it isnt water chemistry ;) :lol:
Unfortuantly no esky at home, no ice as housemate is empying his freezer to take away on saturday and worst of all, no bottled beer at home :(. unless fents wants a Berliner Weisse!

Unfortuantly no esky at home,
Berliner Weisse!
no esky?! sacrilidge! hmmm berliner weisse. nice on a hot day. I could have murdered a lambic ror something similar last night. actually i should make a lambic for next summer's caseswap.

no esky?! sacrilidge! hmmm berliner weisse. nice on a hot day. I could have murdered a lambic ror something similar last night. actually i should make a lambic for next summer's caseswap.

I might chuck one in the fridge to kill when i get home tonight.

I didnt manage to bottle my beer lastnight (what a shame :p). The beer fridge is right next to a big window where the sun beams in. I went straight over to get a beer when i got home from work and started sweating just puring a beer so im holding off for a cooler night.

I didnt manage to bottle my beer lastnight (what a shame :p). The beer fridge is right next to a big window where the sun beams in. I went straight over to get a beer when i got home from work and started sweating just puring a beer so im holding off for a cooler night.
But the beer will keep you cool...

One for the bottle, one for me, one for the bottle, one for me...

I might chuck one in the fridge to kill when i get home tonight.

I started smashing my golden rye APA last night b/c of the heat. soooo good. i might bring it to the case swap. massive hops. seems a lot more than 65IBU.

bad news...people dropping like flies... WTF is the point in getting this thing started 6 months ahead so that people can just leave it until the last minute. well in saying that, I thought I left enough time, first one came up poor, so still enough time to get a second brew done. (here's the bad news part) - it is a sub-optimal example. Bottled 28 last week, rest went into a keg. the keg is tasting exceedingly sweet (as in under attenuated), it might come good, it might not. the back-up to the back up may not prove to be any good either given the recent heat wave here, can keep the bugger under 21 degrees.

dave, grab a couple bags of ice and you can borrow my 100 can cooler if you like. that will do the job. good excuse for you to taste the golden rye APA.

edit:
re bottles. you didnt bulk prime and then add into keg did you? that would a nice explanation for the sweetness as far as it should come right in the bottle. as for the keg...dry hop it!

dave, grab a couple bags of ice and you can borrow my 100 can cooler if you like. that will do the job. good excuse for you to taste the golden rye APA.

edit:
re bottles. you didnt bulk prime and then add into keg did you? that would a nice explanation for the sweetness as far as it should come right in the bottle. as for the keg...dry hop it!
Frozen water bottles in the 100 can cooler - check
swap frozen water bottles every 1/2 day - fail

As for the bottles, no bulk priming for this kid. 2 fermenters, one for the bottles, one for the keg - the attenuation issue could still reside just in the one that went in the keg, not sure, will need to have a try of one of the swap bottles before hand...

Don't stress mate, at the rate of drop outs, you'll only need 1/2 dozen or so swap beers :ph34r:

As for the bottles, no bulk priming for this kid. 2 fermenters, one for the bottles, one for the keg - the attenuation issue could still reside just in the one that went in the keg, not sure, will need to have a try of one of the swap bottles before hand...

RDWHAHB :icon_cheers:

Oh, turns out my diamond bright Viet rice lager is not so diamind bright when its sitting at 3 deg. <_<

On a positive note, SWMBO commented that it tasted familiar to the beers in 'Nam "crisp and refreshing" without any prior information given to her of the beer she was tasting. To confirm this observation, i gave her a taste of a control beer (Carlton Draught) and she wondered why my beer tasted like pub swill.

Frozen water bottles in the 100 can cooler - check
swap frozen water bottles every 1/2 day - fail

"So, McFly, have you made a decision about the swap opportunity?

"What's it gonna be, McFly? Are you in or out?

175805-biff_large.jpg

"So, McFly, have you made a decision about the swap opportunity?

"What's it gonna be, McFly? Are you in or out?

175805-biff_large.jpg
Doc told me to say no, but... Um, I just, um, um, I'm not sure that I should, you know, because I think that I should discuss it with my er.... Hell ya, I'm in, just warning you it's below par.

OK Griff, I'll do it, I'll do it buddy, whatever you say.

4*, nah, I'm hoping the numbers will drop a little further yet...I hate bottling so the more drop-outs the less I have to bottle :p So come on everybody, pull out of the swap and make my pain less :D

Disappointing Maple...yet another sub-standard beer from an experienced brewer :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back