Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you blokes like dim sims?

Mmmmmm, everybody loves dimmies, especially after liquid refreshment...

Willow%20in%20Blanket.jpg

sorry guys but I'm gonna have to pull out. I've put off brewing anything for far to long and there's no way I can get something ready in 2 weeks.

*hangs head in shame*

sorry guys but I'm gonna have to pull out. I've put off brewing anything for far to long and there's no way I can get something ready in 2 weeks.

*hangs head in shame*
Ah bugger, Lucas.

Your smoked Porter was the highlight beer of the last swap for me.

Does that mean I get one extra tester of my own beer to make sure it's good enough?

Sorry to see you won't be involved nonetheless, Lucas

Does that mean I get one extra tester of my own beer to make sure it's good enough?

Sorry to see you won't be involved nonetheless, Lucas

does this mean the numbers are going to change again??? I'm on the verge of printing labels

I was thinking about changeing them but some may have already numbered so i might leave it and just have an empty spot.

Its only really a small hassle at the sorting stage

So numbers stay the way they are

I was thinking about changeing them but some may have already numbered so i might leave it and just have an empty spot.

So numbers stay the way they are

thanks for clearing that up!

Ah bugger, Lucas.
Your smoked Porter was the highlight beer of the last swap for me.

Bummer! I agree, its a sad day to miss out on the only good beer of the swap! Er, :unsure: I mean another good beer in the swap! :p

It will be for those sorting! Ive got a brewday to assist/take care of! :beerbang:

If i get my way this evening, i'll be bottling my swap beer. I sooooooo dont want todo this!

If i get my way this evening, i'll be bottling my swap beer. I sooooooo dont want todo this!

Yep, I've said that every day for the last 5 and still found a way to not do it :ph34r:

It will be for those sorting! Ive got a brewday to assist/take care of! :beerbang:

perhpas the person who's last on the list (kenlock) could change to the missing number - that way only one person has to change numbers and there's no gap

Yep, I've said that every day for the last 5 and still found a way to not do it :ph34r:
Yeah, I was contemplating kegging mine as well, but realised I'd have to bottle it eventually, and that would mean 25+ bottles with the counter-pressure filler (slow, tedious, etc.). Ended up just going the coopers carb-drops, and it was job done in an hour.
Only down-side is the extra sediment - hardly a show-stopper.

Pitty Lucas had to pull out of the swap - the lad makes top beers for memory!
Glad we don't have to re-number - mine are all done.

not CPF for me. straight from keg to bottle and you buggers can drink it sooner rather than later or suffer flat beer! dont worry its ready to drink and drinking marvellously.

Only down-side is the extra sediment - hardly a show-stopper.

Tis when you are trying to present a diamond bright filtered Rice Lager :p

Now i just hope and pray i dont have killer chill-haze issues like my past 4 batches have had! Maybe ive finally seen the results of No Chilling. :ph34r: Unless its got todo with poor hot break formation as ive had allot if windy days when brewing recetnly and the boil has been slowing considerably.

not CPF for me. straight from keg to bottle and you buggers can drink it sooner rather than later or suffer flat beer! dont worry its ready to drink and drinking marvellously.

do as i do. Over carb it by a decimal point or two. vent keg and purge bottels with CO2. Begin poring and increase gas pressure until it just begins to dribble out slowly. You will get minimal/no foaming if your bottle is still wet from the sanitiser and perfectly carbonated beer with a small co2 loss from the transfer which is made up by overcarbing.

Do a couple of trail runs to get a handle of it and away you go!

do as i do. Over carb it by a decimal point or two. vent keg and purge bottels with CO2. Begin poring and increase gas pressure until it just begins to dribble out slowly. You will get minimal/no foaming if your bottle is still wet from the sanitiser and perfectly carbonated beer with a small co2 loss from the transfer which is made up by overcarbing.

Do a couple of trail runs to get a handle of it and away you go!
I might give it a go 4*. The CPF is great for doing occasional bottles (comps, parties, etc.) as you don't have to vent the entire headspace of the keg just to fill a bottle or three (wasted CO2), but is a slow process to do a whole keg.

Latest posts

Back