Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See in Red (And no, im not colourblind, Ha! :p)

F*

I have brew salts at home so dont bother bringing any up - Sweeto Dorrito!

I will adjust the recipe for my system MLT and gava's MLT - Cool, do we want to adjust the bittering hop to something high AA? Also are we doing two seperate caramelisation boil downs?

Im happy to pay or call it even depending on food costs - That was my expectation mate however you want to 'call it', i'll leave it up to you.

Hope to get the food sorted the week before so keep updated for food costing and attendance

Does anybody have any questions about the day/night? - Do you have enough chill space for all the kegs we are bringing up?!? Ive got one coming. We might need to keep a tally for the keg factor.

Kleiny

Chill Space? 4Tap kegerator that holds 6 kegs + fermentation freezer that holds 3 (9 all up just need some portable taps and maybe some portable CO2).

Yep i think Bittering hops should be adjusted to a neutral variety to save cost.

I reckon one boil down of first runnings. but might take that Q on notice nad decide on what looks the best on the day. I have 2 NASA burners and planty of pot space so what ever fits on the day.

Manticle,

The initial wiki was to get numbers together.

The second wiki is to deal with the logistics of the case swap / brewing day itself.

Chill Space? 4Tap kegerator that holds 6 kegs + fermentation freezer that holds 3 (9 all up just need some portable taps and maybe some portable CO2).

Yep i think Bittering hops should be adjusted to a neutral variety to save cost.

I reckon one boil down of first runnings. but might take that Q on notice nad decide on what looks the best on the day. I have 2 NASA burners and planty of pot space so what ever fits on the day.

I have a chest freezer + tempmate which I can bring over for the day if you require more space.. I just need transport, wont fit in the subaru..

I also have a Italian burner...

Manticle,

The initial wiki was to get numbers together.

The second wiki is to deal with the logistics of the case swap / brewing day itself.

That I understand but it still makes my brain hurt when late at night I go to update the wiki but all the bits I'm looking for are somewhere else.

I have a sensitive brain.

I have a chest freezer + tempmate which I can bring over for the day if you require more space.. I just need transport, wont fit in the subaru..

I also have a Italian burner...

9 kegs worth of space, and only 14 confirmed attendees. I think we should be right.

When things get dire we can always resort to bottles ;)

9 kegs worth of space, and only 14 confirmed attendees. I think we should be right.

When things get dire we can always resort to bottles ;)

haha yeah didn't think of that... plus I dont have to move heavy crap... bonus..

that reminds me, I should have that FatYak (knock off) in a keg by then that i could bring.. hmmm it'll be only 1 week in the keg... maybe too soon..

Cool, sounds good. I'll have a chat to Dave at Greensy tomorrow about a sack price of Golden Promise and say 150g each of Styrian and EKG?

Any Interest around the bittering hop? Magnum maybe? thats quite neutral and high in AA 12.5%.

As for the Styrian flameout additon, do we want to split that between our cubes for a cube addition as i assume we are no chilling right?!? if so it might be worth while upping its value to 150g so we can all get 30g each into the cube?!

If we use magnum we are looking at
50g magnum for boil
130g EKG @30min
30g each into our cubes of Styrian (150g total)

Let me know what you think.

Bumpety Bump.

Whant do you guys in the cube swap think? I'll give the call shortly.

Any Interest around the bittering hop? Magnum maybe? thats quite neutral and high in AA 12.5%.

As for the Styrian flameout additon, do we want to split that between our cubes for a cube addition as i assume we are no chilling right?!? if so it might be worth while upping its value to 150g so we can all get 30g each into the cube?!

If we use magnum we are looking at
50g magnum for boil
130g EKG @30min
30g each into our cubes of Styrian (150g total)

Let me know what you think.

Im happy with magnum as the bittering addition.

I will probably chill at least my portion and anybody elses who wants it chilled so i will add the 0min addition then.

I have checked the recipe and the one in the wiki fits for my system so we will run with that.

Cheers for the work F* catch you at the next BJCP meeting

Kleiny

Im happy with magnum as the bittering addition.
I will probably chill at least my portion and anybody elses who wants it chilled so i will add the 0min addition then.
I have checked the recipe and the one in the wiki fits for my system so we will run with that.
Cheers for the work F* catch you at the next BJCP meeting
Kleiny

The boss has spoken! ;)

I'll give a call shortly (hopefully hes still not away, he was planning some leave). And get the full pricing. The way its going, we might has well just buy up on everything, otherwise i'll be throwing 20 odd bucks of hops at it (if i supply all 3). Either way, the Golden promise will be ordered.

The way its going, we might has well just buy up on everything, otherwise i'll be throwing 20 odd bucks of hops at it (if i supply all 3).
Fourstar,

Order it all, so we can split the costs easily, rather than you, or somebody else, chucking in their own hops.

If the outlay is an issue, PM me your account details, and I'm happy to transfer money to your account before the swap day.

I'm sure the other guys will be fine with this as well. That is unless of course you have buckets of money lying around gathering dust ;)

Fourstar,
Order it all, so we can split the costs easily, rather than you, or somebody else, chucking in their own hops.
If the outlay is an issue, PM me your account details, and I'm happy to transfer money to your account before the swap day.
I'm sure the other guys will be fine with this as well. That is unless of course you have buckets of money lying around gathering dust

Ha, if only the buckets exist! Im fine with the outlay alone (the joys of not having a mortgage, but i do have a car loan <_< ) so you can pay on the day in cash (not beer) or once i actually buy the goods, direct into my account or whatever works for you.

Note, I dont accept Cayman Island bank cheques. :p

UPDATE:

I've just got off the Bell with Dave. GP is $5.22 per k/g with a 25% discount for a full sack (i'll keep the left over 3 kg). which makes it 3.92 kg or $86.24 for 22kg. His styrian are $12.5 per 100g and Magnum and EKG are $9-10 depending on what he paid at the time for them (we can lock $10 as its upper limit)

so total cost:

Grain - $86.24
Magnum - $5
EKG - $15
Styrian - $18.75

Total - $124.99

Or $24.998 Each. (I'll take the roud up of $25 thanks! B) ).

This is the guesstimate atm but i could safely say this is the expected overall cost unless we had an arse up with our discussion. Now ive just got to make sure i dont forget to bring the grain and hops with me on the day!

Everybody please make sure your attendance is correct

I will be ordering meat and getting this ready so i will give it until next friday 13th

Then i will expect you are attending and count you in for $$ towards the feed.

If you can make a great salad, want to make some beef jerky, etc or just know how to buy some chips mark down what you are going to bring, i will get the bread and meat local.

Kleiny

Everybody please make sure your attendance is correct

If you can make a great salad, want to make some beef jerky, etc or just know how to buy some chips mark down what you are going to bring, i will get the bread and meat local.

I've put myself down for the gourmet delights of chippies, twisties, cheezels, and for our great host DORITOS!

How about some sausage rolls / party pies in case we get hungry waiting for the spit roast? Oh hang on, I forgot, Fents isn't in charge of the cooking this time ;)

I've put myself down for the gourmet delights of chippies, twisties, cheezels, and for our great host DORITOS!

How about some sausage rolls / party pies in case we get hungry waiting for the spit roast? Oh hang on, I forgot, Fents isn't in charge of the cooking this time ;)

i knew there was a reason we hid all the crackle from you mate... :ph34r:

do you blokes like dim sims? I can probably borrow my parents dim sim steamer and grab a bag of Chein Wah dimmies off them. they are great dimmies esp with sweet chilli sauce or lots of black pepper and thick soy sauce.

Latest posts

Back