Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'tis all in fun mate...wanted to say hi at G&G a few weekends ago, but missed you by a few minutes!

'tis all in fun mate...wanted to say hi at G&G a few weekends ago, but missed you by a few minutes!

You'll have your chance when I'm washing brown stains off my cricket whites before jumping in the jelly pool to share my roast pork crackling with a stranger from the internet.

I hope no-one tells me I have a pretty mouth.

OK

What info do i need to supply?

Yes the address i will give out shortly (i will just update the wiki with it), I will go and see the local butcher for the meat and the bakery for the bread, most supply's i can get from my parents party hire shop (just try not to break the glasses, normal pot sized if thats ok). We usually sort out a fair share for $$ once i know the numbers (pay on the day).

There is plenty of floor space and shed space for swags etc, or i can post some close hotels.

PM me if you think you need more info.

Kleiny

Just remember to bring lots of beer to share. (4 tap kegerator) and im sure we can find anything else that holds ice. If you have a portable tap or pluto bring it as it might be needed.

Please update the wiki if you are coming or not
and organise to get your swap beers here with somebody who is attending

Updated.

I will try and bring as much beer as I can but it's all in bottles. I'm assuming that's ok?

Updated.

I will try and bring as much beer as I can but it's all in bottles. I'm assuming that's ok?

Thats fine manticle bottles are fine just i will have plenty of bin space.

OK

What info do i need to supply?

Yes the address i will give out shortly (i will just update the wiki with it), I will go and see the local butcher for the meat and the bakery for the bread, most supply's i can get from my parents party hire shop (just try not to break the glasses, normal pot sized if thats ok). We usually sort out a fair share for $$ once i know the numbers (pay on the day).

There is plenty of floor space and shed space for swags etc, or i can post some close hotels.

PM me if you think you need more info.

Kleiny

Just remember to bring lots of beer to share. (4 tap kegerator) and im sure we can find anything else that holds ice. If you have a portable tap or pluto bring it as it might be needed.
do you need us to bring anything along with us? A list of snacky type things/salads/finger food/ass'd cheese plater etc?

but would like to see something with some different adjunts (rice, corn?)
Polenta Anyone!

or make 4* wet himself and do polenta lager
Did somone say polenta??! Look at what im putting down. I might bring this along for consumption on the day! ;) Just like last year. Dont worry rooky, it will be carbed correctly this time!

Modern Day CAP
Classic American Pilsner

Type: All Grain
Date: 27/09/2009
Batch Size: 23.00 L
Brewer: Braden
Boil Size: 30.90 L
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: My Brew Pot (40L) and Frosty Cooler (38L)
Brewhouse Efficiency: 68.0

Ingredients
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.00 kg Pilsner, Malt Craft Export (Joe White) (1.7 SRM) Grain 66.7 %
1.00 kg Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 16.7 %
0.50 kg Carafoam (2.0 SRM) Grain 8.3 %
0.50 kg Munich, Light (Joe White) (8.9 SRM) Grain 8.3 %
22.00 gm B Saaz - Motueka [7.10%] (60 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 18.6 IBU
12.00 gm Magnum [12.50%] (20 min) Hops 9.8 IBU
10.00 gm Pearle [6.00%] (60 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 7.1 IBU
2.00 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
5.00 gm Calcium Chloride (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Bohemian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2124) Yeast-Lager

Beer Profile
Est Original Gravity: 1.055 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.015 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.2 %
Bitterness: 35.5 IBU
Est Color: 4.4 SRM

Mash Profile
Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 17.00 L of water at 73.0 C 67.0 C 60 min
Mash Out Add 10.00 L of water at 96.3 C 77.0 C 10 min

Notes
CaSO4 and CaCl into mash.

Yep

That would be awesome, bring what you like to eat to share whilst drinking beer.

so Salad if you want it (just make enough yo share).

Updat it on the wiki so everybody knows what your bringing.

Kleiny

do you need us to bring anything along with us? A list of snacky type things/salads/finger food/ass'd cheese plater etc?
To quote some wise fella on these forums - "You dont win friends with salad, you dont win friends with salad."

As for "ass'd cheese", I don't wanna know what strange hors d'oeuvre you plan on bringing! ;)

Pretty certain I can win friends with my roast potato, bacon and sage salad with homemade mustard mayonaisse.

I don't put fromunda cheese in it either.

To quote some wise fella on these forums - "You dont win friends with salad, you dont win friends with salad."

As for "ass'd cheese", I don't wanna know what strange hors d'oeuvre you plan on bringing! ;)

I knew I should have typed that out....dammit....but funny

oooo la la brewed my swap last weekend, shes fermenting away nicely. Cream Ale for those intrested.

bad news is i cant attend :( first time in what 3 years? i've sent kleiny a PM explaining why but lets just say im very very busy (mostly with brewing;))

have a good day boys, enjoy the beers, stay away from barra's ass, dont let fourstar scare too many heads, watch kleiny when he's handing out the chips, someone bring a an iron and random items for the sleepers, roll some bifta's and most of all....get absolutley ******* sideways..... you know i would.

oh and would one of the norther suburbs crew be nice enough to take my beer up and my swaps back? fourstar?

oh and would one of the norther suburbs crew be nice enough to take my beer up and my swaps back? fourstar?

Hey mate, Yeah shouldnt be an issue I can either drop by one night after cricket training or drop them off at daves and i'll collect em. That is assuming im still attending! Me scareing heads? WTF you talking about boy?!?

Cheers!

pretty sure barra was worried of his sanitation issues last swap after you told him to clean up his act hahahahaha ;) (just j/k's mate)

let me know when your free and come by mine for a beer or 3, check out the setup etc. cheers mate

Back