Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah all PET is easy thats for sure. Made bottling a breeze and no one gets upset when they send out 28 coopers tallies and get back 28 weak CUB screwtop tallies.

Either way there was too much confusion for the masses so now its 'like it or lump it'. I was running short on bottles as i disposed most of mine before moving house. i should have been shattered having to try and neck 2 cases of longnecks just so i could bottle my beer. Instead i spent $24 on 2 cases of coopers bottles and have some leftover for comp entrys!

silly you for buyin them fourstar, im sure i put a post in here somewhere saying if anyone needed some bottles to let me know , i juts gave hoppingmad 8 milkcrates full off longnecks..
anyway too late now ..

next time perhaps .

I'm actually near Chadstone, so croydon's not much help, but I have been considering going to one of the melbourne brewers meetings - what time does it start?

Hey Wonderwoman...

Meetings start at 7:30pm... but the formalities generally don't get going until about 8ish. Details below...

The Brewers Den Warehouse,
Factory 11, 12 Edina Road,
Ferntree Gully 3156
(Melways K11)
View Map

Bring a couple of beers along with you if you are interested in getting some feedback - also a good opportunity to try other members beers.

Cheers,

Brendo

silly you for buyin them fourstar, im sure i put a post in here somewhere saying if anyone needed some bottles to let me know , i juts gave hoppingmad 8 milkcrates full off longnecks..
anyway too late now ..
next time perhaps .

HOLY SMACK! :eek: I saw your post and was thinking i'd hit you up for some bottles if i couldnt source the PETs. All round, regardless of the situation i think i would do PET again, purely for the convenience of having prepped bottles ready to be filled. If push comes to shove and i have to collect some bottles and clean then sanitise... i'll give you a tinkle barra!

Cheers.

Hey Wonderwoman...

Meetings start at 7:30pm... but the formalities generally don't get going until about 8ish. Details below...

The Brewers Den Warehouse,
Factory 11, 12 Edina Road,
Ferntree Gully 3156
(Melways K11)
View Map

Bring a couple of beers along with you if you are interested in getting some feedback - also a good opportunity to try other members beers.

Cheers,

Brendo

thanks for the info - I'll see if I can get my beer labelled and motivate myself to drive to boronia by 7.30

thanks for the info - I'll see if I can get my beer labelled and motivate myself to drive to boronia by 7.30

no worries ww... great way to learn and pick up new ideas... there is always someone who has done what you are thinking about doing next :icon_cheers:

I'm actually near Chadstone, so croydon's not much help, but I have been considering going to one of the melbourne brewers meetings - what time does it start?

Starts around 7.30pm, but can turn up any time.

Factory 11, 12 Edina Rd, Boronia

Its just off Dorset Rd

Some people have had problems locating the warehouse.

Once you get in the factory grounds its the second left and the last warehouse on the left hand side (just look for the one with all the cars parked around it).

PM me if you want my mobile number just in case.

Its just off Dorset Rd

Once you get in the factory grounds its the second left and the last warehouse on the left hand side (just look for the one with all the cars parked around it).

Opps should press the refresh button before posting ... thanks Brendo for stepping in

anyone around the eastern burbs that I can drop my case off to? If not I'll bottle it friday and drop it off to Fents if thats ok Fents.

edit: Otherwise ive just looked at where your place is Dingo. near the Croxton. I used to work there. If your around Friday night I could drop my caseswap off and Rooks grain, if thats ok?

bretto can you please bring some more "hops", it was that good ive used all mine :( ;)

Yeah, CM2, I should be around Friday (I'm usually home around 6), but could probably drop it at bottle shop at end of street, if ya want to do it during the day. And yeah, it's only a minute or so up High St past the Croxton. If your gonna come around, just PM me the time...I can give you my phone number if need be. I'd say, if I'm out I'd just be doing last minute organising for the big day...

whoever is tallying it up - put me down for a 17L cube of wort. I would love to try Dr Smurto's wonderful creation if possible :)

tried one of my swap brews last night and it's quite nice, it has carbed up perfectly. hope you guys like it!

DrSGA
Warm Beer - 17L cube - Don't have any malt to contribute (not AG yet), was thinking of bringing Pork Ribs instead to make up for it icon_drool2.gif
beerDingo - whatever amount...
Neill - 17L

Green Bullett Smash
Kleiny 20L cube
Hutch 17L cube
Leigh 10-20L cube
Wardhog 17L cube

DrSGA
Warm Beer - 17L cube - Don't have any malt to contribute (not AG yet), was thinking of bringing Pork Ribs instead to make up for it icon_drool2.gif
beerDingo - whatever amount...
Neill - 17L

Green Bullett Smash
Kleiny 20L cube
Hutch 17L cube
Leigh 10-20L cube
Wardhog 17L cube

Jeebus, are we going to be able to do 130+ odd litres of beer???

To paraphrase Jaws..."we're gonna need a bigger mash-tun"

hi mick, its not really a brew day as such, more a pissup day ;) hahaha

nah twice a year we get about 28 people in vic together, we all brew a beer at home and bottle it. then you take all your bottles to the pissup and swap them with everyone else, so basically you come home with 28 different beers (or 26 as the case may be here).

everyone brings different beer on the day for the pissup and we also cook up a massive spit. usually about 3-8 kegs of different peoples beer on the day plus lots of bottles. we also usually brew a beer on the day too to show no All grain brewers how easy it is to do and show them the darkside.

maybe kooinda would like to "sponser" the next one ? ;) couple of slabs (or a keg) of kooi never ever goes astray.

hope your well mate.

Hey Fent, can we pop along to this one maybe? we will bring a slab of Kooi of course. When where etc?
Cheers mate! :icon_chickcheers:

Its just off Dorset Rd

ok - I've found someone close by to drop my beer off to tonight, so I don't think i'll make it to the meeting tonight, but maybe next month...

cheers for the offer anyway

Hey Fent, can we pop along to this one maybe? we will bring a slab of Kooi of course. When where etc?
Cheers mate! :icon_chickcheers:

of course you can come along Trav, starts around midday

PM sent.....

Rook

Hutch and me have to brew in front of professionals

:eek:

Trav of course u can come, especially if your bringing beer (have not found a country supplier of kooinda yet) and have a loose sense of humor u will have a great day.

Good chance for the kooi guys to do some market (guinea pig) research.

Hutch and me have to brew in front of professionals

:eek:

Trav of course u can come, especially if your bringing beer (have not found a country supplier of kooinda yet) and have a loose sense of humor u will have a great day.

Good chance for the kooi guys to do some market (guinea pig) research.

maybe they can bring some Glassware, shirts etc to sell

I've been after one of there glasses but haven't been drunk enough at Mrs parmas to borrow one

Rook

Latest posts

Back