Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kleiny/Hutch,

I wont be able to bring any grains for the brew, but will be bringing along a pair of willing and able lifting / stirring arms.

More than happy to chuck in $$$ for the grains/hops, as I don't have time to get to G&G before Saturday. I figure it's only fair if I'm partaking of the proceeds.

Cheers,

Brett

Kleiny, not sure if we'll have time to run 2 brew's back to back on Fent's monster system.
...I re-read your post kleiny, and realised you were proposing to run the brew's in parallel.
Apologies!

I think this is a goer, though we're still a little short on base + spec malt.
Once we settle on the recipes + quantities, perhaps we could move the organising/details back to the wiki page.

hutch.

Considering you are NC these batches, with a standard 60min mash in 1 hour~ runoff and a 60 min boil. (including geting water to sacch temps and boil temps etc.) ive been aboe to knock out 3 batches in 12 hours back to back. It is quite possible todo these batches back to back, have the 2nd mashing in as you begin the boil on the 1st, etc. once you have the 1st cubed, the 2nd is beginning its 1st runnings. You will have to keep a 50L pot/burner on hand for strike water etc.

I've gotta fill the gas bottle anyway, so will bring it across.

Like warmbeer, have no grain and only small amounts of hopsm but am happy to contribute $$$.

Fents, how much do we owe you for the meat?

As a vego (go on everyone, get it out of your system... give me your best insults, I'm ready for it) I was was wondering is there going to be a BBQ I can chuck some vege burgers or something on?

The only details I could find were:

"..As for food if everyone just brings nibbles and everyone chucks in say $5 - $10 for meat and salad i'll get my spit cranking that i got for christmas. Does 20KG's of meat..."

"..As for food if everyone just brings nibbles and everyone chucks in say $5 - $10 for meat and salad i'll get my spit cranking that i got for christmas. Does 20KG's of meat..."

Im sure Fents could find some space on the spit for a small tofu Gyros!

As a vego (go on everyone, get it out of your system... give me your best insults, I'm ready for it) I was was wondering is there going to be a BBQ I can chuck some vege burgers or something on?

Good news... I heard that the meat used to be vegetarian as well... so you could be in luck. :D

*will go sit quietly in the corner now*

Brendo

edit: speeling due to fat fingers...

Of course WW. My spit has grills on it to that you can grill stuff on as well, well just make sure no meat drips of your soy bean burgers ;)

As for the cost guys -

Meat - I wont know till Sat morning when i pick it up. Last time i got 12KG's it was around the $120 mark so 14KG's shouldnt be too much more than that - $150 max i reckon

Rolls - Just orderd 40 of Bakers delights finest round rolls (hope everyone likes white!) @ 60cents a piece, so $24

Anyone (or anyones missus) want to throw together a salad or three? i dont eat salad (often) but no doubt peeps will be wanting some.

Anyone (or anyones missus) want to throw together a salad or three? i dont eat salad (often) but no doubt peeps will be wanting some.

YOU DONT WIN FRIENDS WITH SALAD!!!

I might pick up a big bag of mixed Green leaves from psarakos fruit and veg market in thornbury before dropping off my beers on friday night. so atleast we can have meat with mixed green leaves in the rolls.

Aslong as im not short on time. That will also be dropped off at dingos.

Hey WonderWoman, yeah I have 3 BBQ's and a webber! So no problems with things to cook on... I like the labels on your bottles. Makes me realise I gotta get labeling...

I was planning on doing a potato salad (umm, was gonna put bacon in there, so not veg), and a green/greek salad.

I have a 9kg gas bottle, but the service station's gas bottle ran out, so it's only half full. Then I've also got one of those small swap and go gas bottles.

Kleiny, I have a 25kg bag of pale malt. I can donate 10-15 kg if need be. (If we need to use more, we can, but wouldn't mind a few $$ for the rest if we use it).

Oh, and I don't really mind what wort I get. If it'd make it easier, I will get green bullet, or whatever is left...

And I can't be bothered working, I just got back from Mrs Parma's!!!

See you all Saturday for the big day!

dont know if i trust you making salads mate.....hahaha ;)

Hey WonderWoman, yeah I have 3 BBQ's and a webber! So no problems with things to cook on... I like the labels on your bottles. Makes me realise I gotta get labeling...

I was planning on doing a potato salad (umm, was gonna put bacon in there, so not veg), and a green/greek salad.

I'm glad you like the labels - I spent way too much time on those (bloody microsoft office 2007 :angry: ), but as long as at least one person appreciates them it'll be worth the effort.

I'll contribute a pasta salad, and I'll bring some sort of vege burger/sausages for you all to laugh at, and some foil to cook them in to protect them from the meat juices :p

I'm glad you like the labels - I spent way too much time on those (bloody microsoft office 2007 :angry: ), but as long as at least one person appreciates them it'll be worth the effort.

I'll contribute a pasta salad, and I'll bring some sort of vege burger/sausages for you all to laugh at, and some foil to cook them in to protect them from the meat juices :p
Bugger, should have snuck a look at them last night, rather than keep them in the boxes.

Oh well, will have to wait til Saturdee, just like everybody else.

I'm glad you like the labels - I spent way too much time on those (bloody microsoft office 2007), but as long as at least one person appreciates them it'll be worth the effort.

Im sure they will be better than mine, 5 minutes in GIMP modifying mybelow signature with:

AIPA
Xmas in July '09
60IBU 6SRM 5.9%

Its in an awesome font too! Courier NEW! :p

Im sure they will be better than mine, 5 minutes in GIMP modifying mybelow signature with:

AIPA
Xmas in July '09
60IBU 6SRM 5.9%

My beer number is scribbled in pen on a label on the top of the bottle cap.

As far as marketing goes, I suck!

My beer number is scribbled in pen on a label on the top of the bottle cap.

As far as marketing goes, I suck!
My contribution has a white number 1 on the cap. Please ignore the labels from previous swaps that are still attached.

AIPA
Xmas in July '09
60IBU 6SRM 5.9%

Hey Fourstar, do you ever get tired of posting :p

Rook

Hey Rook and CM2,

I kegged my 1187 bitter last night, and got about a Ltr of Slurry from it.
Will split it up and bring along with me on Saturday.

2 more sleeps...

Back