Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rook and CM2,

I kegged my 1187 bitter last night, and got about a Ltr of Slurry from it.
Will split it up and bring along with me on Saturday.

2 more sleeps...

Hey Hutch, if there is a bit to go around, can I put my hand up for some?

Cheers,

Brendo

Hey Hutch, if there is a bit to go around, can I put my hand up for some?

Cheers,

Brendo
All good Brendo.
I should mention that it is 3rd generation slurry, although I am pretty anal about sanitation :)
I'll also be bringing the beer for those interested in a taste.

kleiny my kettles only 120L so it will only fit about 110L MAXED OUT pre boil. be nice to see hutch nervously on boil over watch tho :p

Thanks Hutch. I only need a small bit. I can culture up a bigger batch now that ive got my 5L flask.

Im bottling tonight. If Ive got any PET bottles spare (im not getting my capper out) I'll throw in some samples of my latest brews ( Cider & Dark Belgian Nights in my sig). Its an awsome drop but only went into a keg last night.

kleiny my kettles only 120L so it will only fit about 110L MAXED OUT pre boil. be nice to see hutch nervously on boil over watch tho :p
Nah, that's why we're employing "worker-bees" as boil-over attendees.
...have to earn their cube somehow! :p

I might keep a wide berth once the kettle starts boiling! Especially once the first addition hops are droped towards it!

Its ok, as long as you are wearing brewery standard, saftey approved double pluggers you are invincible! :lol:

Ok, can someone consolidate with respect to supplies for the wort? I can swing by Greensborough HBS on the way and pick it up and you blokes give me some cash when I get there.

As far as I can tell, there's :

22kg pale malt
4kg Munich I
325g Amarillo
180g Green Bullet

to organise between 5 of us. After that I get confused with who's promised what and who wants what. Work has blocked AHB, so I can't look at this during the day to figure out, someone needs to do it for me so it gets done in time.

We need to sort out how much I need to pick up. Everyone happy with Joe White for the malts?

Wardhog

At the moment nothing needs to be brought from a HBS, between us we have enough to complete the brews its just if somebody has something on hand to give a couple of us a chop out on supplying the ingredients for all.

check out the brewday wiki it has the quantities and who's pledged to bring them.

Wardhog

At the moment nothing needs to be brought from a HBS, between us we have enough to complete the brews its just if somebody has something on hand to give a couple of us a chop out on supplying the ingredients for all.

check out the brewday wiki it has the quantities and who's pledged to bring them.

Ok, cheers. Hadn't seen that before.

I'll get the 4kg Munich I so I'm donating something and don't feel like a freeloader.

If another keg mashtun is needed, I can bring mine. I also have an 80L kettle & 4 ring burner.

PING! 1 down, 1 to go.

heatbeads and firelighters are on todays shopping list.

Hey brewers,

We're almost sorted with brewing supplies, with the remaining Green bullet still to confirm.
I've not heard back from Hairofthedog yet, so we only have 90gm green bullet so far, and need at least another 90gm, if not more.
If someone else can contribute this amount (at least as a backup) then we'll be good to go.
Failing that, I can bring some Super pride as a fall-back bittering hop, and save the GB for late additions (then technically not a SMASH).

Kleiny, I hope your mill & drill is ready for crushing 40+kg of grain!

Have a great time guys... Im totally envious!

Beer free weekend for me! Better make it a good one tonight hey!

now fellas am i reading the wiki correctly , im not required to bring any of my mash tun , burner, boiler ,hlt to the swap ifits not required i wont bother puttin it in the car

Kleiny, I hope your mill & drill is ready for crushing 40+kg of grain!

The mill will be fine im a little worried about the drill (might be an excuse to motorize the mill).

Barra - we should be right for equipment mate so no need to pack ur system up thanks

Hope everyones bringing lots of beer for the day too. UNFORTUANTLY i had to tip 60L's last night of an LCBA clone. I'll bring a sample for everyone to taste uncarbonated and hopefully someone can pick where it all went wrong. I fear its not an infection but more of a yeast regime thing, maybe underpitched.

So who's bringing kegs?

Hutch - i'll ring troy (hairofthedog) and makes sure he brings that green bullet.

Back