Vic - Scruffy Bunch Brewery Tours

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it... how many breweries can you visit in 6-7 hours? Would you get to drink any beer with all that travelling around?

The concept makes sense with wineries because they're all bunched together, not so with breweries. And I've never been to a micro where they haven't been very willing to chat when they have the time, so I'm not sure it'll get you access to anything you wouldn't get on your own.

The breweries in the city are easily visited on your own, and for the ones out in the Yarra Valley, just get a few mates together and get your missus to drive you around. ;)

Edit: Or just go to the Vic Micro Showcase! The brewers are always keen to chat, and there's plenty of beers to try, all within about a 50m radius. Too easy!

I doubt it... how many breweries can you visit in 6-7 hours? Would you get to drink any beer with all that travelling around?

The concept makes sense with wineries because they're all bunched together, not so with breweries. And I've never been to a micro where they haven't been very willing to chat when they have the time, so I'm not sure it'll get you access to anything you wouldn't get on your own.

The breweries in the city are easily visited on your own, and for the ones out in the Yarra Valley, just get a few mates together and get your missus to drive you around. ;)

Edit: Or just go to the Vic Micro Showcase! The brewers are always keen to chat, and there's plenty of beers to try, all within about a 50m radius. Too easy!

thanks for the reply malnourished, pretty much what a figured, not worth it :)

oh don't you worry, i'll be at the showcase, with bells on...well not literally

When is the Vic Micro Showcase? details?

half a small tasting glass, not sure how much that'd be maybe 150 - 200ml?

-Phill

Hi VIC/Melbourne people,

I'm currently trying to organise a tour through scruffy bunch for July 28th. It'll be 3 Yarra Valley Microbreweries and the fourth is still to be decided. It will also include a 2 course lunch with a few beers.
Pickup will most likely be from Boronia in the SE suburbs, and very close to the Boronia train station for those coming rom elsewhere and do not want to drive. Yeah, it is $99 per person, but its a full day, you get to see 4 microbreweries and you don't have to drive.

I'll post to this thread when I have all the detials.

BB

200ml? Thats pretty decent! A pot is what, 285ml?! Even 150ml would be awesome. Thats like 10+ pots for $20. Plus it should be good quality beer. No complaining here.

man more money on bloody bus tours... you know i'll be there, can never have to much fun

-Phill

yeah it's about half a pot, it deffinatly well worth the money you pay.

there's free bread and water too :p

bugger that when KFC and Y&J are across the road tho :D

-Phill

Latest posts

Back