• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

VIC: NO LONGER FOR SALE: All Stainless, HERMS Triple Batch Electric Rig...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
Ok,

Due to house changes, Drinking habits shifting and over-all time restraints - I am offering up, what was meant to be my life long rig - It will last someone a lifetime, trust me. All Cam- Lock except the 2 Blichmann Quick Connect fittings - Dust covers, for Males and Dust plugs for Hosing included - caps for BM connections too.

It has always been cleaned well and stored inside.

It cost well over 3k to build and not a cent was spared - It is 99.9% stainless - only things that aren't is the HERMS ELEMENT and HLT OTS element.

WILL NOT SPLIT - Would rather keep.

HLT:

70L Ross pot + MM Thermometer, 3P Ball Valve with Pick up tube and Sight gauge - Using an OTS element to heat. Not much more to add...

MT:

Blichmann 76L G2 Series pot, Blichmann false bottom, Blichmann Auto Sparge - All the obvious benefits of the quality and design of anything Blichmann - Sight Gauge, Thermometer, pick up tube, Button plate falsie, hangable Lid, insulated handles blah blah.... Only about 5 brews in - NEVER been put down on concrete or anything but a towel - absolutely immaculate.

KETTLE:

98L ROBINOX pot, Beer Belly fitted sockets for 3P BV with Pick Up tube and 3X 1" Sockets for 3x 2400x Stainless elements. Elements wired in to housing with jug plug style plugs, so no leads hanging of it while cleaning etc. Also, have/will throw in - A whirlpool kit, have just been too scared to drill a hole in a $800+ vessel myself.... IMPORTANT: To power the kettle, you only need 3 different circuits in your house, not a collective power point. Each element runs on 10 amps and controller has switches - at boil in about 15 minutes from sparge.

HERMS:

Nevs 'HERM-IT' system, entirely Stainless, except the element, of course - Designed to last - seriously, you could test bombs in the housing. 2400w element.

STAND:

Made from pallet racking, needs a lick of paint - have a can of engine paint for it, you can have - As per photos - HLT part can be lifted for fly sparging by gravity or lowered to level, if you wanted to add a pump for fly sparging OR some hosing and batch sparge.

Controller:

Auber PID. 3 power inputs -> 6 outputs = 3x Kettle elements, 1x HLT/OTS element, 1x Pump, 1x Herms element.

Switches = One for each element, A switch for the Pump, Power on to PID and power on to Herms element.

Pump:

Chugger. Faultless, runs full mash - NOTE: Pump is mounted on unattached/movable shelf so is incredibly easy for cleaning and moving if it is needed for other duties!

Extras included:

ALL HOSING + Dust cover and plugs for Cam-locks. Whirlpool fittings for Kettle [As mentioned] - All Power leads, kettle loom etc - 6x Cubes, 1x MJ Stainless Fermenter - leaky Tap, Fermenting Fridge, First brew day attendance + ingredients ;) and lastly, heaps of High Fives.

PIX:

Rig_flat.jpg

Rig1.jpg

Rig_inside_kettle.jpg

Rig_insideMT.jpg

Rig_recirc_2.jpg

Rig_pump.jpg

Rig_controller.jpg

Any Q's - please ask, any offers - please dont, price is firm.

$2300

Next rig will be a few months away, will assess then- have a lot of stuff on and need to sell or store this beast.

Trying to sell first.... but will never get to build a rig like this again -_-

Have been lucky enough to witness a brew on this rig and taste it's produce... MAN if only I hadn't of bought one recently I would have JUMPED on this!

Absolute bargain, in fact you are being silly Cocko....... but good luck with the sale, you won't need it :p

Would you accept $230 and a Dutch rudder? Or would you consider splitting? I'm mainly interested in the lattice.

Damn. Can't believe you're selling that beast. My wife caught me looking at the original pics in the brew rigs thread many a time when planning my own build. 'Tis a thing of beauty that's for sure and churns out some quality beer. Hope it finds a good home. You moving?

Camo6 said:
Would you accept $230 and a Dutch rudder? Or would you consider splitting? I'm mainly interested in the lattice.

Damn. Can't believe you're selling that beast. My wife caught me looking at the original pics in the brew rigs thread many a time when planning my own build. 'Tis a thing of beauty that's for sure and churns out some quality beer. Hope it finds a good home. You moving?
EABC.

Sheez, man, that would be like selling off a testicle.

Hope it goes well and is able to give some other brewer a lifetime of joy and satisfaction (the brew kit, that is, not your testicle)

Hope you don't regret this, mate.

I would store it for a few months first - get your new system, use it, make sure you're happy with it and then sell if you still wanted to go down that route. She has been a labour of love for you.

But that's just me of course.

BTW: unless you're going quad batch, or not brewing at all in the future - surely any other system would further impede your time constraints?

I.e. I brew a single batch every two weeks. If I were brewing triple batches - I'd only have to brew once every 6 weeks (but I do like brewing!).

WarmerBeer said:
Sheez, man, that would be like selling off a testicle.
Yeah, but you can still make beer with 1 nut..

Good luck with the sale Cocko.

Cos everyone wants cocko to rethink.
I bet he has thought long and hard several times but brewers are an empathic lot.

If that beast is still about in a few weeks when I get my tax return my car might have to go without new tyres, kids might have to go without clothes that fit them.. Etc etc. [emoji12]

Curly, I can honestly attest that if you bought this beast, you'd never want for any other brew-rig as long as you live. It really is a thing of beauty.

Can you BIAB with it? Just kiddin. She's an absolute beauty. Bit too flash for me. Good luck Cocko.

Latest posts

Back