Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm going to be bottling my swap beer and back up swap beer soon, i noticed a few drop outs, how many bottles will be needed for the swap so i make sure i put them aside?
Still aim for 22, there's usually a bit of fallout in the last weeks.

If more people drop out, it just means you get to try more than one of your own beer. Plus, custom dictates leaving an extra bottle for the host to compensate for his/her generosity.

There has been a couple drop off but also filled back in with reserves as far as i know. Current list?

AHB Name - Beer - Attendance.
1. Fenton
2. Trippers
3. Luke C
4. Hairofthedog
5. Shane R
6. Darkfaerytales - English Bitter - will be there for pick up but probably won't stay long
7. Iamozziyob - Stepmashed pale
8. WarmBeer
9. Wolfman- robust Choc porter
10.Wolfy - ABA
11. Midnight Brew
12. Charst
13. bullsneck - English/American/New Zealand/Scottish IPA
14. Adamski29
15. seemax
16. Siborg
17.beerDingo
18. merlin032
19. mmmyummybeer
20. MaestroMatt
21. Julie
22. Brendo

Reserves

Non-Swap Attendees:
1:
2:....veeeeery tentatively Lecterfan, but if it's limited to two and someone else is a definite then kick me off.
3. Manticle and no lecter you can have as many non-swappers as are prepared to come along and bring and drink beer.

Taken from here - http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showarticle=198

There's two PC biere de garde yeasts that have been put aside for me at GG. I'll see if I can grab any more when I'm there - otherwise we can organise splits among those who want to follow that recipe to the letter.

There has been a couple drop off but also filled back in with reserves as far as i know. Current list?
The new brewery build is progressing well, and I hope to give the first run this week. While that does mean the case-swap beer will be one of the first made on the new system, I'm hopeful it will get done in time.

There's two PC biere de garde yeasts that have been put aside for me at GG. I'll see if I can grab any more when I'm there - otherwise we can organise splits among those who want to follow that recipe to the letter.

I'll be keen to get on that.

also getting my swap in the bottle tmoz and am in for the yeast if you can get it..

:icon_drunk:

Right, seeings as everybodys been slack then here it is! Its back and its onnnn!

My good mate Trippers has agreed to host it. Bar in a shed with 4 taps, foxtel in the bar, fire out the back, 50L Herms system (plus my big 100L if you like) and mandatory meat on the spit (Thinking about a whole pig this year!). Will be enough room for peeps to crash if they want.

As always open to any suggestions anyone has. I think everyone should bring some type of beer munchies / food. ribs, wings, salami, you know the drill

Its been left a bit late so get brewing now and there will be no prob's! Anyone that pulls out last minute will be hunted and sacrificed on the spit.

The 2012 AHB Vic Xmas in July Case Swap

Rules and Regulations:

1. You will supply bottles of your finest hand crafted to be shared amongst all swappers!
2. The bottle shall be 750ml tallies. Screw tops, crown seals, GLASS and PET's are acceptable.
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the swap or drop off point in milk crates or a sturdy box.
4. The date for the swap will be Saturday the 28th of July 2012
5. Each bottle shall be clearly marked with your AHB name OR swap number on the cap.
6. The places have been limited to the first 22 who registered their interest. There is a reserve's list available in the event any participant pulls out of the swap.

Trippers House (Macleod) - Address will be PM'D out closer to the date of swap - If you need to crash for the night bring a sleepingbag/swag/pillow.
Should be large enough to contain 30 or so drunken brewers.

1. Fenton
2. Trippers
3. Luke C
4. Hairofthedog

Reserves

I'm so on for the next one!! I have nothing to offer except a cider, and that's the Mrs by default. My Dr Smurto's will not be ready for another week and a bit at the very least.

With the long weekend coming up I've kegged my swap beer BUT its okay cause you'll all be getting the alternate version (ie no break). I forced carbed it last night Ross Method at serving pressure and tonight it is tasting fantastic. Its a malt based Amber Ale, my tribute to the ANZACS. Will be bottled early next week.

so we seem to have settled on 6 cubes?

Ive updated the Brewday article with the recipe so we can get some names next to the ingredients?

ed: spillong

Got my swap beer brewed today - an Australian Pale Ale. Just need to get a starter going and I will be good to go.

Hella Bock is still munching through my Traditional Bock. Was hoping it would be done a bit sooner but really....it was a 1.070 beer! Tasted really good at 1.030 so I'm thinking when it gets under 1.020 it will be great.

Would like to get in on this but have never been to one of these.

Put me on the reserves list.
Got a Robust Porter on the bubble at the moment, and doing an American Pale Ale this week so will certainly have a case to swap ready by then.

What's the deal..? Does the swap case I bring have to be all the same type of brew? 22 bottles needed?

Better if the swap beer is all the same. You can bring as much variety along on the day as you like.

Anyone can edit the article so go to the swap article, click edit and add yourself in as a reserve.

Gday there Swappers and Non swap attendees, (6 WEEKS TO GO!) just letting everyone know that plans are well underway for the swap day. Met with Fents last night and had a bit of a brainstorm regarding all the things we need to organise for the day. There will be lots of meaty treats on the day including a full lamb on the spit and a couple of little spits running as well. We will provide about 100 litres of beer. Hopefully others attending will provide some sample kegs/bottles for the day.

I will have my 4 taps running and a couple of plutos and chiller plates setup on the day also. It sounds like the lads have got the brews sorted for the day and I will have my HERMS 50l system setup along with Fents bigger system. To reduce the cost for everyone i was hoping we could get a list happening of what goodies people are bringing on the day to ensure we dont over cater. Salads, snacks, dried meats, BBQ items, breads, nuts etc.

I will get Fent to add a part to the article so people can confirm their attendance (swappers and non swappers) with a list for people to add what their bringing on the day. (Sorry my IT skills aren't yet up to it!) Otherwise it all seems to be well underway. If only my swap beer would push out those couple of extra points and ferment out so i can bottle it! ... patience......

Remember people can drop their swap beers/kegs etc the week before to save having to worry about it on the day. I will send my address a couple of weeks prior to the swap and let people know the cost for the day. People are welcome to crash on the floor also.

Feel free to add any suggestions etc.

Happy Brewin
Trippers :beer:

Have missed the last few swaps, will attend as a non-swapper and hopefully will have some brews to bring along and share.

Will there be a brew on the go? Happy to assist/contribute grain etc

Have missed the last few swaps, will attend as a non-swapper and hopefully will have some brews to bring along and share.

Will there be a brew on the go? Happy to assist/contribute grain etc

Hay man, check the articles section, plenty it relevant info there.. Cant do a links on the phone.

Cheers

Back