Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From memory, I started at low end ale temps and allowed to rise up to about 23 or so, slowly through ferment.

another question on this yeast.

I whacked it on a stirplate (1.8l 1.035 DME wort) sat. and sun. and into the fridge on monday evening.

Is this yeast a typically cloudy Yeast strain? Its just doesnt seem to want to completely drop out of solution so Im now scratching my head and wondering if it's a trait of the yeast or have I cacked something up... I was thinking that I could take it out of the fridge on friday night and decant the spent wort and pitch on sat but now Im not so sure.

Is the beer meant to be a bit cloudy?

Cheers

another qusetion..

anybody fermented their swap day brew with the BDG yeast yet? What Finishing Gravity are we expecting.. Mine is seeming to want to conk out at 1020...

Im raising temps and keeping a close eye on it... etc, etc,

:icon_cheers:

another qusetion..

anybody fermented their swap day brew with the BDG yeast yet? What Finishing Gravity are we expecting.. Mine is seeming to want to conk out at 1020...

Im raising temps and keeping a close eye on it... etc, etc,

I stepped the full pack up 500ml then 3 Litres, chilling now.
Tasted the 500ml after id crashed it for two days and yes it was still a touch hazy, Diacetyl
But I had a bottle of Trios Monts on friday and it was clear as a bell.

You'll be wanting a dry finish with that one yob. 1012-1008 would be an acceptable range. Don't be afraid to push up the temps at 1020. Esters in this beer are a-ok.

got it at 21 today, will keep an eye on it and maybe, if needed give it a rouse in a few days if it doesnt move...

dry Hops for this beer? I have some US Saaz? No?..

No need for dry hopping. It's not a hop driven beer and won't benefit from the addition.

Can push up as high as 25 at this stage (and that's conservative).

Sighs with relief..

Bumped the temps up amd is now sitting at a lovely 1012 few days ago, looking forward to crashing it and bottling next weekend.

sample tastes quite good for a beer with not many hops in it ;)

Yob

Hay Trippers..

Ive got my swap day brew bottled now and will arrange a time in the next few weeks to come over and grab the 20lt pot I left there and drop you number of the bottles...

Seeing as you didnt end up with a cube it's the least I can do.

Cheers

I used ardennes yeast in mine as I had it on hand and had left the yeast at trippers.

Decided to turn it into a kind of tripel so sugar additions post active fermentation, 3-4 additions of 200g each, added incrementally.

Added the second one the other day and decided to add the biere de garde yeast in as well (found out temple saison uses 3 different yeasts at various stages of fermentation and the bdg yeast will probably sit around till there's only one cell left anyway). One or two more additions to go but tasting like a good tripel should.

Happy the man.

My cube didn't pop out much when i opened it so by the time i got the starter in it was chocobloc. ended up tipping 2 litres into a separate flask.
Took a sample from the 2 litres to check gravity and as it was at 1020 after 5 days i started ramping up the temp to 20 from 18. Did a second gravity check on the actual cube two days later to find it was at 1028. Silly me for assuming gravities in both the cube and glass. Throwing a bit of a banana ester at the moment but i'll have to see how it turns out. I know your meant to ramp this yeast but im worried ive gone a bit early, we'll see

If you only went to 20, I wouldn't get too concerned.

Good 3+ weeks lagering time for this monkey.

I'm not sure the new place is big enough Yob. Even if it is, I'm more likely to be a candidate for next July rather than this time around. Unsure whether I'll even have the brewery more than partially set up.

I'm not sure the new place is big enough Yob. Even if it is, I'm more likely to be a candidate for next July rather than this time around. Unsure whether I'll even have the brewery more than partially set up.

Was only taking the piss mate, more just a highlight to get someone thinking about putting their hand up.. I spoke to SWMBO about it the other day and got a good frowning ;) ... she didnt exactly say no... but frowned considerably... :lol:

Finally got the starter going on this! Should be ready Thursday to pitch. What's the best ferment sheduale for this yeast? I also plan to do the summer sazz lager in the same freezer.

Cheers

Finally got the starter going on this! Should be ready Thursday to pitch. What's the best ferment sheduale for this yeast? I also plan to do the summer sazz lager in the same freezer.

Cheers

I started asking the same questions HERE

Latest posts

Back