Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst comes to worst, I'll brew it.

Just don't want to be a hog if someone else wants to. I love brewing.

If someone else wants to take the reins, I will assist where wanted, asked or needed and stay out of it where not.. If no-one else steps up, I'm there as fallback.

However we will be brewing my recipe in that case so it will be a gose, flanders red or biere de garde.

I'd just like to see someone else step up. It will help your brewing confidence level by a factor of about 600%.

I BIAB so i have no idea what a Sparge is, and being Ive tasted your Biere de garde your suggestion is really doing nothing to encourage me to put my hand up!

I'd just like to see someone else step up. It will help your brewing confidence level by a factor of about 600%.

This is true. I gave it a go at the last swap and learnt some very valuable knowledge and processes. I encourage anyone new to all grain to step up and give it ago.

I BIAB so i have no idea what a Sparge is, and being Ive tasted your Biere de garde your suggestion is really doing nothing to encourage me to put my hand up!

BIAB at a case swap is perfectly acceptable.

Not brewing at a case swap is not.

C'mon people. Be brave.

It's actually quite pleasant.

Very pleasant for those (like me) who simply supervise the brewing efforts.
Constructive criticism is welcome ... right? :)

Required and potentially helpful but I'm sure it'll feel like backseat driving at the time!

Love to help out but can't to commit to anything as don't know how or what time we can get there yet. but definitely keen to observe on the day and hopefully pick up some more tips.

Love to help out but can't to commit to anything as don't know how or what time we can get there yet. but definitely keen to observe on the day and hopefully pick up some more tips.

come down the day before, plenty of bed space available if there is need and/or desire

that goes for you too Hanibal lecterfan

:icon_cheers:

Hi all, the swap is approaching fast. Looks like we are going to do a lamb on the spit for the day. I will have my HERMS system running on the day if people are keen to knock out a brew or 2. We can make 3x17lt cubes comfortably per brew. Ill have the water hot when people arrive and ready to go. Id be happy for us to do 2 brews in the day. The Mashy holds 12-13kg comfortably. I dont have a mill at this stage. I will also hopefully have our cold smoker cranking so we can smoke some grain for people to take at the end of the session.

I have 4 taps at home on the bar and ill have 2 plutos setup so theres plenty of room for people to tap their kegs if they choose to bring them along. Between me, fents and another mate we will provide about 120 litres of beer. If people want to drop off swap beers prior to the day that is no problem and there will space for bodies to lie on the night, no worries.

If people want to bring nibbles/salads etc feel free or i can sort it. I was thinking Kebabs :icon_drool2: might be the go.

Probably cost about $10 each or there abouts, ill let people know prior to the event.

My place is in Macleod i will post my address closer to the date

Open to any suggestions from people and hoping for a cracker of a day.

PS my Beech Wood Smoked Marzen is lagering nicely for my swap beer.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:
Trippers

Hi all, the swap is approaching fast. Looks like we are going to do a lamb on the spit for the day. I will have my HERMS system running on the day if people are keen to knock out a brew or 2. We can make 3x17lt cubes comfortably per brew. Ill have the water hot when people arrive and ready to go. Id be happy for us to do 2 brews in the day. The Mashy holds 12-13kg comfortably. I dont have a mill at this stage. I will also hopefully have our cold smoker cranking so we can smoke some grain for people to take at the end of the session.

I have 4 taps at home on the bar and ill have 2 plutos setup so theres plenty of room for people to tap their kegs if they choose to bring them along. Between me, fents and another mate we will provide about 120 litres of beer. If people want to drop off swap beers prior to the day that is no problem and there will space for bodies to lie on the night, no worries.

If people want to bring nibbles/salads etc feel free or i can sort it. I was thinking Kebabs :icon_drool2: might be the go.

Probably cost about $10 each or there abouts, ill let people know prior to the event.

Trippers

woah! guess i might hang for a while after all, sounds like a great day

So belly dancing instead of stripping?
witkeysee-1253880.jpg

Was thinking more along the lines of this.

'Cept with a mash tun.

Trippers

Sounds great.

If no-one else steps up, I'll have a crack but I've never brewed on a HERMS before so will need a few pointers in regards to do's and don't on your system.

I'll try and get some spicy Italian sausages made before then.

I can also get whole goat and lamb (halal) for between $6 and 7 a kg but someone would need to pick it up from Brunswick West. Bugger carrying freddy the goat in a backpack on my pushie.

Sounds great.

If no-one else steps up, I'll have a crack but I've never brewed on a HERMS before so will need a few pointers in regards to do's and don't on your system.

I'll try and get some spicy Italian sausages made before then.

I can also get whole goat and lamb (halal) for between $6 and 7 a kg but someone would need to pick it up from Brunswick West. Bugger carrying freddy the goat in a backpack on my pushie.

Awesome mate. Ill definately be up for helpin with the brew. What we makin?
PM me the details for the goat and the lamb and ill check it out. Don't tell Fent hes picking it up!

Awesome mate. Ill definately be up for helpin with the brew. What we makin?
PM me the details for the goat and the lamb and ill check it out. Don't tell Fent hes picking it up!

I put an interest thing in the Article and currently 2 votes for an IPA of some desciption..

:icon_drool2: hops :icon_drool2:

Now that this is gaining legs it might be worthwhile starting a brewday article so we can dial in on a recipe and helpers and such?

Recipe depending I can bring Hops and grain to chuck in. (Ive got more American / NZ / Australian hops than UK Styles but I do have some Simps MO I can lend to the task)

Yob

I put an interest thing in the Article and currently 2 votes for an IPA of some desciption..

:icon_drool2: hops :icon_drool2:

Now that this is gaining legs it might be worthwhile starting a brewday article so we can dial in on a recipe and helpers and such?

Recipe depending I can bring Hops and grain to chuck in. (Ive got more American / NZ / Australian hops than UK Styles but I do have some Simps MO I can lend to the task)

Yob

Good idea. Just keep in mind that if people are going to take cubes my system will make an approx 5% beer @ 75% efficiency and produce 55 litres (3x 17lt cubes + 3 litres lossage). Therefore if we make an IPA the literage will be down and we will get less cubes. Maybe a hopped up American @ about 5.5%ABV? Im not sure how to make the article so please feel free, im still getting use to all this technoology :huh:
Cheers
Trippers

Latest posts

Back