Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you putting your hand up to volunteer mate?

trips has a 50L herms and i can always bring my 100L setup but theres no way im brewing the beer. im usually three quarters cut by midday.

we need brewing volunteers and assistants, im happy to donate some ingredients tho and steal a cube.

Even though I'm not in the swap, I'm happy to chuck in brewing ingredients and help out with brewing stuff in whatever capacity.

Good confidence builder for anyone who's just started AG brewing - a bit nerve wracking but once you get through it, it will help your brewing plus there's always plenty of people around with advice to offer (sometimes too many).

@Fents

theres no way im brewing the beer. im usually three quarters cut by midday.

I don't understand. Sounds like my regular brewday. It's the only way I have faith my beer will turn out OK.

are you putting your hand up to volunteer mate?

trips has a 50L herms and i can always bring my 100L setup but theres no way im brewing the beer. im usually three quarters cut by midday.

we need brewing volunteers and assistants, im happy to donate some ingredients tho and steal a cube.

Happy to assist, ingredients, whatevers, but i'm planning on joining you in drinking activities this time round, was enjoyable doing it last time nut dont want to hog the limelight and should step aside to allow others the experience...

And also, will probably be busy holding you up and filling your glass

I'm thinking a Porter would be a good swap beer. I'll mull over that. Still plenty of time.

My new brewery/setup is progressing at last, and might be finished in time, so I added my name to the reserve list.
Only thing is, I'd need to know 4 weeks in advance so I can brew (A Black American) and bottle it in time.

for some reason my order from G+G has not arrived, ordered last monday so i could brew on the weekend. hopefully it arrives by this weekend and i can get the swap beer going. have not heard anything back from them via e-mail so i'll give them a ring at lunch time

Brewing this weekend for it, going to try my first step mash with the new rig, something amber methinks..

Getting all excited about it, havnt brewed in a few weeks and suffering withdrawal symptoms, cant wait to test the new setup... Almost took the day off to do so.. lol

Yob

I'll be keen to get in on the brew. Have a decent selection of hops depending on style.

Made mine in Thursday last week, primary fermenting A.T.M. It's a Robust Choc Porter. The smoked malt smells AMAZING! Looking forward to this baby coming out of the fermenter!

Brewing a dark ale today and using the new pulley system which should make life a bit easier. Temperatures in the brew cave are currently at 13C. Looks like this ones getting fermented in the house.

1. Fenton
2. Trippers
3. Luke C
4. Hairofthedog
5. Shane R
6. Darkfaerytales (Strong scotch ale)
7. Iamozziyob
8. WarmBeer
9. Wolfman
11. Midnight Brew
12. Charst
13. bullsneck
14. Adamski29
15. seemax
16. Siborg
17. Mark_m
18. merlin032
19. mmmyummybeer
20. MaestroMatt (you want country....I'll give you country!)
21. Julie
22. Brendo

Reserves

Sadly I must bow out, my plate is too full (or whatever analogy you prefer) and in the time-honoured tradition of making decisions while sober I bend my knee to the clarion call of duty. I will definitely aim for the December swap as I honestly had a great time at the 2011 July session and learnt a lot about process, ingredients and what poor taste in music some Eastern-Melbournites have.

Cheers all! :beer:

I will definitely aim for the December swap as I honestly had a great time at the 2011 July session and learnt a lot about process, ingredients and what poor taste in music some Eastern-Melbournites have.

..at least we know how to make fire (recent experiences excluded) :lol:

Will keep your bottle aside anyway, The missus is talking about a day trip to the rat so I may be able to drop in and say gday and drop it off..

Yob

Thanks yob but I'll pull out of the swap altogether... I can't even find time to brew at the moment (2 weeks without a mash... The first time since I've been all grain!!!)... So best not to consider me a swapper either at the moment. Cheers though, the proposed effort is appreciated :beer:

Sadly I must bow out, my plate is too full (or whatever analogy you prefer) and in the time-honoured tradition of making decisions while sober I bend my knee to the clarion call of duty. I will definitely aim for the December swap as I honestly had a great time at the 2011 July session and learnt a lot about process, ingredients and what poor taste in music some Eastern-Melbournites have.
Shame you're not going to be there, but I edited the article to put my name in for yours (was 1st on the reserve list).
The new brewery is still a work in progress, but should be finished in time to brew something for the swap.

Shame you're not going to be there, but I edited the article to put my name in for yours (was 1st on the reserve list).
The new brewery is still a work in progress, but should be finished in time to brew something for the swap.

i can literally hear the melancholy in your voice hahaha...

i can literally hear the melancholy in your voice hahaha...
I was actually serious!
While the beer-swap is great, it's also a good chance to get-together and meet people.
In addition, having to participate in the beer-swap means I have to go to the effort of brewing and bottling a suitable beer.
So yeah, it's a shame you will not be swapping, and I hope you can make it on the day even if you don't have time to brew something. :p

I was actually serious!
While the beer-swap is great, it's also a good chance to get-together and meet people.
In addition, having to participate in the beer-swap means I have to go to the effort of brewing and bottling a suitable beer.
So yeah, it's a shame you will not be swapping, and I hope you can make it on the day even if you don't have time to brew something. :p

:beer: :lol:

Nicely played...I'd love to get there but it's looking grim.... :beer:

Thanks yob but I'll pull out of the swap altogether...

tis a pity indeed about the attendance and the swap in unequal measure... there will be plenty of beer no doubt :rolleyes:

I meant what I said about keeping you one aside, and also... I also have 1 or 2 to pick up dont I? :p

you have tasted quite a few of my beers now (and I yours) and your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

:icon_cheers:

Get your arse into gear as a non-swapper lecter.

I'm not swapping but I'll be participating as a drinker.

Latest posts

Back