Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put an interest thing in the Article and currently 2 votes for an IPA of some desciption..

:icon_drool2: hops :icon_drool2:

Now that this is gaining legs it might be worthwhile starting a brewday article so we can dial in on a recipe and helpers and such?

Recipe depending I can bring Hops and grain to chuck in. (Ive got more American / NZ / Australian hops than UK Styles but I do have some Simps MO I can lend to the task)

Yob

Good idea. Just keep in mind that if people are going to take cubes my system will make an approx 5% beer @ 75% efficiency and produce 55 litres (3x 17lt cubes + 3 litres lossage). Therefore if we make an IPA the literage will be down and we will get less cubes. Maybe a hopped up American @ about 5.5%ABV? Im not sure how to make the article so please feel free, im still getting use to all this technoology :huh:
Cheers
Trippers

Atricle Created HERE and also has a link in the Original Article

No Discussion topic for the Brewday as yet but as soon as someone has a recipe up for suggestion go for it..

Ive taken the liberty of removing the cube interest from the original article and added Fents to the list for cubes in the Brewday Article linked above.

I assume all info to be correct but if I missed something please update.

:icon_cheers:

can knock out 5 cubes from my system no worries.

i vote for manty's biere da garde.

Talked me into it Fents Im switching priorities. 1: Biere de Garde, 2: UK IPA

I'm in for a Biere de garde!

I have the Spalter Hops!

Maybe we can get both systems cranking. Biere de Garde and a big hopmonster?

I dont see why we couldnt double brew on both systems and knock out 200 litres + or i am loosing my marbles?
So i'll lock you in for bringing your system Fent? Thanks mate...

We can brew in shifts :icon_cheers:

The only thing I can contribute to that recipe (ATM) is Yeast Nutrient and Brewbrite :lol:

if it's the one Im thinking of it was a cracker of a beer.

Yob

Ask Brendo, Fourstar & CM2. I believe they currently hold the record.

Funnily enough, our brew session lengths haven't increased (if anything probably got shorter), but last brew day (at Easter) saw us pump out around 500L in around 12 hours (mash-in to cleaned up).

Two brews in a day... that's just a regular brew day for me :rolleyes:

The Wyeast Biere de garde yeast is a PC yeast I think but I have a decent recipe for one anyway (light coloured).

Emailed wyeast and they said it's currently available. For those who want biere de garde, it might be worthwhile chasing this up to ensure it's available when you want it. Can't think of a decent substitute.

i believe grain and grape have it in stock, i remember seeing it in the last e-mail

Just emailed John to see how much they have and if it's likely to be unavailable before swap time.

Will keep the thread posted.

i'm going to be bottling my swap beer and back up swap beer soon, i noticed a few drop outs, how many bottles will be needed for the swap so i make sure i put them aside?

Latest posts

Back