Vic 2016 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JB said:
Curious if dates have been discussed yet?
Wassat Skip? *click* *click* *click* ... 3rd December?

*click* *click* *clicky* *click* ... & the old mill's on fire? Oh hell no!!! *click* *click*

OK,

Before dates are discussed - I need to declare;

I have been given permission from 'her in doors' to host the swap but it is up on the hill.

Timmy; "Up on the hill, Cocko, what does that mean?"

Well, timmy, what that means is it is at the back shed which is MASSIVE - a 6 Horse float style, high roof shed - We can have fire, if needed, heaps of camping spots for people, views over Kinglake ranges all the way through to the Dandenong ranges, it is amazing place....

"Well That sound perfect, Cocko!"

Well it has NO power up there, timmy, I hope some fucker has an awesome Genny to power what will be the best location to EVER hold a swap...

"Me too, Cocko... Me Too"

6 joined extension cords of various age, length, and state of disrepair ought to fix that.

Surely there'll be a sparky or 2 around to keep it all safe'n'shiney.

How about setting the fire around the kettle and decoctions in the coals, old school.

WarmerBeer said:
6 joined extension cords of various age, length, and state of disrepair ought to fix that.

Surely there'll be a sparky or 2 around to keep it all safe'n'shiney.

Quite seriously, how long can you run a cord - have heaps of 20 and 15 amp power down the hill.

Timmy: "What is down the hill, Cocko?"

It is the house where no one is allowed but has heaps of power for leads, BUT leads would need to be like a K long.....

Timmy; Do you have long leads, Cocko?

I have no pants on Timmy.... None.

Swappers.
1. Cocko IAC
2. Idzy
3. Technobabble66
4. AJ80
5. VP Brewing
6. Grainer
7. Nullnvoid
8. DJ_L3THAL
9. Micbrew
10. JB
11. MartinOC
12. Black n Tan
13. Mofox1
14. Breakbeer
15. Whiteferret
16. Mudd
17. GrumpyPaul
18. Camo (I was just trying to push it through the fence)
19. Yob
20. Siborg
21. Midnight brew
22. Mardoo
​23. TheWiggman
24. Jburke

Reserve Swappers
1. mmmyummybeer
2. mayor of mildura
3. awesome fury
4. malt junkie
5. WarmBeer
6. Reardo
7. thearn

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. droid
2. timmy

Cubists
1. Cocko
2. Idzy
3. Technobabble66
4. AJ80
5.VP Brewing
6. Grainer
7. Nullnvoid
8. DJ_L3THAL
9. Micbrew
10. JB
11. MartinOC
12. Black n Tan
13. Mofox1
14. breakbeer
15.Whiteferret
16. Mudd
17. GrumpyPaul
18. Camo6
19. Yob
20. Siborg
21. Midnight brew
22. Mardoo

Reserve cubists
1. TheWiggman
2. Jburke
3. mmmyummybeer
4. mayor of mildura
5. awesome fury
6. malt junkie
7. WarmBeer
8. droid
9. Reardo
10. thearn

Cocko said:
Quite seriously, how long can you run a cord - have heaps of 20 and 15 amp power down the hill.

Timmy: "What is down the hill, Cocko?"

It is the house where no one is allowed but has heaps of power for leads, BUT leads would need to be like a K long.....

Timmy; Do you have long leads, Cocko?

I have no pants on Timmy.... None.
Yeah..everyone rejoice the real Cocko has been let out of the basement....

Thank god we've seen the back of that goody two shoes "ooh I've got a business reputation to be careful of so I'd better behave on ahb" version of Cocko.

I havnt put my name down for this yet but might be a last minute attendee? I have a 5 Kva genny that I'm happy to lend for the weekend if that helps?

I was thinking along those lines too Curly. Surely a few of us have enough generators to make this work.

I have a 2kw and a 1kw I can bring.

With the exception of lights milling grain and pumps what else do we need power for?

Whatcha reckon Timmy?

Looks like generators will be an easy solution.

Mofo - There is a water supply, rain water but water non the less!

Some fridges might be in order that time of year, I can offer a chest freezer which is good for 2 x 19l and 2 x 9.5l kegs.

In line with my taste for thirst quenchers, I'll bring along another lager. Either my Aussie Pils rendition (a bastardised concept I know, but I'm not going to pretend it's the real European deal) or a more authentic Dortmunder Export. Also have an old ale in another of those massive Grolsch bottles to share around.

TheWiggman said:
Some fridges might be in order that time of year, I can offer a chest freezer which is good for 2 x 19l and 2 x 9.5l kegs.
I reckon I might do a small bunnies wheelie bin filled with ice, maybe some dodgy foam matting wrapped around the sides. Seems easier than risking my white goods!

They were going cheap at some point.. will need to keep an eye out for 'em.

I will have my keezer, 3 taps - fits 6 cornies + a big esky that fits 3 kegs, from memory.... we will have cold beer, I am sure of that!

Latest posts

Back