VB 30 Can Prices

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidgeeman

Reaction score
Hi,
I just joined and wanted to share an animated complaint to Carelton United Breweries about changing the prices of VB 30 can cartons from week o week by as much as 10 bucks and it sucks! They must be making a fortune.....anyways. Please check out the video and feel free to send it to any of your non home brewer mates.

https://youtu.be/yRGF-DKbD58

Cheers
Dave

Not sure why anyone would pay $50 let alone $60 for VB. Theres plenty of better beers around for that price but if i dont have any beer of my own or im not drinking anything special then i go for a generic euro swill for under $40. Tastes a bit better and is about what you should pay. Been a long time since i drank a VB.

Havnt watched video yet as im lying in bed. I used to drink vb cans exclusively. When i first joined this forum in 2006 my name was kingveebee lol. I cant even drink one can now. Back then i remember getting 2 x30cans for $60.
I can get
coopers pale ale for $44 bux at my local and enjoy every mouthful. And a largy for $6 after work somedays comes with a free reusable thick glass crown seal bottle.

Why does the ad blame CUB? It's the retailers who are playing with the price and this isn't a thing that happens exclusively to VB.

TheWiggman said:
Why does the ad blame CUB? It's the retailers who are playing with the price and this isn't a thing that happens exclusively to VB.
Yep

Case in point.

2 bottle shops here both sell Wild Turkey & Maker Mark. One week the WT is $49 and MM is $44, the other sell it at WT $44 & WT $49, the next week they swap around

TheWiggman said:
I know, the whole youtube video must be a joke, because the retailer is setting the price up and down, not CUB which just sets a single RRP.

For the price do yourself a favour and buy a 30 can case of Cricketers Arms Spearhead Pale Ale it is beut and has the hops that LCPA should have. Available at Dans but don't tell anybody.

Since when did they ramp up VD back to 4.9%?
Interesting.
Is it possible to re-culture the yeast from the cans?
Hope so, cos I've got a some stale pale malt, LDME and POR I was going to throw in the bin that would go well in a clone.

Not only will the recipe be original, but Victoria Bitter will also return its old packaging, with the name Victoria Bitter, and tag line "a hard earned thirst".

Yep, More alcohol and catchy slogans.
Sofistimacated.

The boy isn't looking for beer; he seeks a cheap alcohol delivery system

I don't think I've ever seen anything on AHB about a cheap alcohol delivery system..

Nor beer or brewing for that matter.

Tropical_Brews said:
For the price do yourself a favour and buy a 30 can case of Cricketers Arms Spearhead Pale Ale it is beut and has the hops that LCPA should have. Available at Dans but don't tell anybody.
if only LCPA came in cans, its a superior beer.

Ducatiboy stu said:
You can get it milking a cow.
Alternative methods by which one can get it.

*cue the theme from The Magnificent Seven*

The VB Song
You can get it jumpin'
You can get it pumpin'
You can get it pressin' a suit
A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer
And the best cold beer's VIC
A LONG COLD VIC
You can get it liftin'
You can get it shiftin'
You can get it any old how

Matter o' fact, I got it now

VIC BITTER!

God I could go a warm, flat bitter right about now.

Dave70 said:
An alternative

*cue the theme from The Magnificent Seven*

You can get it jumpin'
You can get it pumpin'
You can get it pressin' a suit
A LONG COLD VIC
You can get it liftin'
You can get it shiftin'
You can get it any old how
Matter o' fact, I got it now
I will pass on a long cold one.... :ph34r:

One of the best VB substitues was Dan Murphy's Tun Bitter 5.0 in the green tin, not the 4.0 in the red tin. Don't know if you can still get it, but it was almost an exact copy of VB - Bought a carton for a road trip a couple of years ago and I didn't mind it, not a bad motel quaffing beer at the end of a day's travelling and no desire to go out foraging for anything better.

tun.jpg

ed: it was about $35 from what I remember

Tun is available. First and last time I tried it it was like glue in a can. I'll drink most things - enjoy a cold MB at a hot BBQ for example but that shite was awful.

No Tun for me ever again. Bribie, you're a dirty degenerate.

I remember getting a carton of XXXX heavy tinnies for $20 when I were a lad. The good old days.

Latest posts

Back