Vacuum Sealer For Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Luvello recently and I'm very happy with it.

Meets all of your requirements as fas as suction, wet & dry, other containers.
Came with 4 bonus rolls of bags which can be cut to any size.

I have used it using the turbo function with hops and normal function with food and I'm happy with how it seals both.

Money well spent.

I bought the Luvello recently and I'm very happy with it.

Meets all of your requirements as fas as suction, wet & dry, other containers.
Came with 4 bonus rolls of bags which can be cut to any size.

I have used it using the turbo function with hops and normal function with food and I'm happy with how it seals both.

Money well spent.

Anyone able to confirm whether it uses flat bags or channel bags? (Or both)

Anyone able to confirm whether it uses flat bags or channel bags? (Or both)
reading from the ad id say channel bags. basically you need to go a snorkel type to do the flat bags

resurrecting an old thread... but... has anyone tried this type of thing on a non-snorkel type sealer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9dzaeC0hG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAZOtLhnqo

this 'mousesaver' thing look like one of those disposable hairnets to anyone else?

I just bought the new luvelo 175w ftom ebay. Tested it out yesterday with hops.vacuums and seals in about 10sec.hops are rock hard in bag. Will check this arvo if bag is still sealed as I did not double seal them. Looking for stuff to seal up:)
Macca

You may find that regular sealer elements are to light to bond the Mylar DJ the sealer he's using is a light commercial model not available here;

Cheers

So a couple of years on, are the Maxkon ones still the go-to for sealers? Or is there something else out there? I notice Kogan have one these days as well.

Will primarily be used for vac sealing hops bought from Yob ;)

I've got an Orved and it does a great job. Recommended by the local butchers

Wheres the cheapest refill roll's at these day's? Aliexpress or Ebay?

Found these on ebay - 28cm x 500cm rolls $16.45 - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/28cm-X-5-metre-Kitchen-Foodsaver-Vacuum-Bags-Vacuum-Food-Sealer-Rolls-Film-Roll-/141361160461?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:AU:1123

Its says its 2 x 28cm x 500cm Rolls in the add like this :

Features:
1.100% brand new and high quality.
2.Cut to any size and seal
3.No waste
4.Easy to store
5.Huge 500cm long by 28cm wide
6.Size:2 x 28cm width x 500cm Length

but then it says :

Package inlcude:
1 X vacuum sealer rolls

Sounds dodge.

I picked up two rolls 28 cm 5 m ea 14.95 at Aldi last weekend. Waiting to next sat and I'm going back to see if the price has dropped to buy more.

Hmm my aldi sealer has kicked the bucket, kind of thought I would get more that a year and a half out of it.
Look at replacing it with one of the Luvello vac sealers, anyone used these before? Looks like there are 4 different models .
Tate

tateg said:
Hmm my aldi sealer has kicked the bucket, kind of thought I would get more that a year and a half out of it.
Look at replacing it with one of the Luvello vac sealers, anyone used these before? Looks like there are 4 different models .
Tate
What make sealer was that, was it the Aldi Kuchef? I’ve had a few cheap Aldi Lumina products burn out quickly but now have a few of the more expensive Kuchef including their vac sealer that I’m hoping will last longer.

Latest posts

Back