Urgent Help Needed!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasty73

Reaction score
I have 3 batches to bottle this weekend and I only have enough bottles to bottle one batch. I am in Mudgeeraba and will drive up to half an hour to get bottles. Cheers and drink up all you locals!!!!

I have 3 batches to bottle this weekend and I only have enough bottles to bottle one batch. I am in Mudgeeraba and will drive up to half an hour to get bottles. Cheers and drink up all you locals!!!!

Didn't NickJD offer you some?

Can always get some PET bottles from Home Brew Store, Coles etc

Buy a couple of slabs of coopers longnecks. They're expensive bottles but they do come with free beer (& yeast if you can be bothered reculturing it)

Buy a couple of slabs of coopers longnecks. They're expensive bottles but they do come with free beer (& yeast if you can be bothered reculturing it)

+1 even better :icon_drunk:

The way you knock em back Fasty, will take no time to stockpile some more :lol:

Worst case, buy a couple of kegs - or rack to secondary and chill in the fridge. And drink some more beer in the meantime to make room!

Yeah but I can't get them of Nick this weekend. They have already been fermenting 14 days today!! I want to bottle this weekend.

Easy solution.

Fill bottles and then drink them.
Fill them again and then drink them.
Fill them yet again and............ let em carb up and drink em :)

Thats only if you cant get bottles.

I already gave all mine away and i live a long way away but try what i did. Put a wanted add in the local paper. I put one in saying:

Wanted. 750ml beer bottles for home brew.

Cost me $10 and had me a ute full of bottles before lunch time. I could have got over 2500 bottles.......... no shit.

Go with Tony's newspaper idea. I did the same when I first started brewing and got calls before the newspaper was out. :huh: Picked up 300 bottles in the first hour.

Drew

Go with Tony's newspaper idea. I did the same when I first started brewing and got calls before the newspaper was out. :huh: Picked up 300 bottles in the first hour.

Drew

Good medium term solution but Fasty is after them for this weekend.

I say don't panic fasty, another week at fermenting temps won't hurt too much and gives you time to down a few cases of Coopers largies.

daniel

Will be bottling myself this weekend so no tallies free, but will have approx 30 stubbies if you find yourself passing through Brisbane.

Cut out the delay and get some kegs now. It's what you will eventually end up with anyway........ :beerbang:

Cut out the delay and get some kegs now. It's what you will eventually end up with anyway........ :beerbang:
+1 absolutely positively the best thing I've done with my brewing.... except for all the other cool things I've done.

If you can't get any bottles this weekend, don't sweat leaving the beer in the fermenter for another week, seeing as its only been in there 2 weeks an extra week won't do any harm at all.

But if it was me, I would just buy PET bottles.

Go to the local tip mate. Usually there are thousands of stubbies there, even some tallies if you're lucky. Best day to go is either on the sunday or the monday. Sometimes tips can charge for tallies, but they rarely charge for stubbies, i think they feel sorry for you when you take stubbies to bottle in!

Other places are footy grounds (XXXX) the back of pubs (more XXXX, the occaisonal good bottle too) and scout groups (you gotta pay but 10c a bottle isn't too bad).

Just give the bottles a good soak in napisan and you're away. I've soaked some of the most disgusting bottles you've ever seen and they still came up a treat.

If you're doing 8 batches every 14 days that means you're bottling 10 cartons a week! Keep up the good work!

Go to the local tip mate. Usually there are thousands of stubbies there, even some tallies if you're lucky. Best day to go is either on the sunday or the monday. Sometimes tips can charge for tallies, but they rarely charge for stubbies, i think they feel sorry for you when you take stubbies to bottle in!

Other places are footy grounds (XXXX) the back of pubs (more XXXX, the occaisonal good bottle too) and scout groups (you gotta pay but 10c a bottle isn't too bad).

Just give the bottles a good soak in napisan and you're away. I've soaked some of the most disgusting bottles you've ever seen and they still came up a treat.

If you're doing 8 batches every 14 days that means you're bottling 10 cartons a week! Keep up the good work!
Have you got a noticeboard at work? Stick up an ad. Maybe even offer some HB as payment.

As for the disgusting bottles. A mummified lizard in a grolsch bottle is my record.
edit: but yeah, another week or two won't hurt it.

Back