Urgent Help Needed!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More effective than the dump, I go to the local recycling depot drop off point. Leave them soak in the laundry tub with napisan or bleach(overnight) rinse then sanitise :D .

Mmmmmmmm, kkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeggggggggggssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................... :beerbang:

From reading Fasty's posts he definately needs kegs. All that bottle washing can't be good for a mans health.

From reading Fasty's posts he definately needs kegs. All that bottle washing can't be good for a mans health.
From a non-kegger's point of view, bloody oath. And he's doing stubbies right? Ffs, talk about being chained to the sink.

I find nowadays that, for the few bottles I do as a kegger, 1.25L PET bottles are good - you can always pick them up for less than 60c each on special and just tip the contents, but stay away from high flavour ones like passionpop or orangey fanta stuff as the flavour may persist. I found the problem with 2L PET was that, with a strong beer one bottle is not enough but two bottles can have you crawling around on the floor blubbering "oh why did Diana have to die? sob sob sob" :ph34r:

I find nowadays that, for the few bottles I do as a kegger, 1.25L PET bottles are good - you can always pick them up for less than 60c each on special and just tip the contents, but stay away from high flavour ones like passionpop or orangey fanta stuff as the flavour may persist. I found the problem with 2L PET was that, with a strong beer one bottle is not enough but two bottles can have you crawling around on the floor blubbering "oh why did Diana have to die? sob sob sob" :ph34r:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And leave Britney alone, you bastards!

U both need ur own "urgent help needed" threads.

Go the PETs, can't go wrong

hungryLarge.jpg

:chug: :chug:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And leave Britney alone, you bastards!

I'm here for you guys...

With a KEG of my Old Speckled Hen cover... (No stuffing about at this man's disco)...

Stuff it. I have bought a carton for the next few days supply. At least then by the time I have finished this carton I will have enough to bottle 2 batches and by that time 1 batch will be ready to drink and the 3rd batch van get bottled. Make sense?? Probably not. Queen bee isn't here for the night and I'm drunk on commercial beer already, which tells me that my beer is too low in alcohol volume. Shit 6 stubbies of New has got me pissed!!!

You could try your local sports club (footy/cricket) and raid their dumpster. Quite often they they only have stubbies no taps. But you definitley need to go keggin mate :super:

\ "oh why did Diana have to die? sob sob sob" :ph34r:

Bribie G, who was this Diana chick, ya mother, a lost flame :p ? Surely not as good as a replacment Merc or in this case two cornies or two dozen tallies?

Hirns

Don't QLD ers recycle? Go to your local depot. I get my longnecksfor 10-20c each depending on who is working. Over 400 now, enough for one brew empty at a time, or I buy more!!
Cheers

Possible Solutions:

- Back of Restaurants, Bars & Sports Clubs. Got plenty of mine this way but wash'em hard with plenty of hot water and the right cleaner/sanitiser. Ciggie butts in stubbies are gross.
- Find someone who knows someone in hospitality and get them to introduce you to their bottle bin.
- Reception Centres - get a large corbel for your capper and you can bottle with Champagne Bottles. Most Wedding places have truckloads of these they want to get rid of.
- Wineries - another good source of champagne bottles.
- Keep your eye out for goodies on recycle day.
- Ask your local brewing club, or if there is a big comp on in your state they always have tons of crown seal bottles from entries going begging.
- Ebay & LHBS
- Posting here is a good start (I had some kind folks here help me out last year), but consider posting a wanted ad on Gumtree as another option.
- Throw a party - make the theme 'Brown Glass' - your mates will love the excuse to drink through a few cases and you'll enjoy cleaning up their empties the morning after!

Hopper. :icon_cheers:

Back