Underbench Chiller --> Glycol Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattvdp

Reaction score
So I picked this thing up from the local machinery/junk shop yesterday in the hope that I could use it as a glycol chiller for a flooded font. The idea being to hook it up in a circuit with the font and and aqaurium pump, with the aquarium pump being driven by a temperature controller reading the internal font temperature.

Problem being, I don't really know how this thing works. Can anyone who knows about these things please have a look at the pics and see if they know the answer to any of the following:
- I gather the larger diameter connection at one end is the inlet (the label kind of gave that away), but are all size of the smaller connections at the other end outlets?
- There's a large rectanguar box beneath the top plate that four of the six "outlets" emerge from, is this a tank, a heat exchange, or something else completely?
- Is it actually going to work for what I'm proposing?

Cheers,
Matt

chiller001.jpg

chiller002.jpg

chiller003.jpg

chiller004.jpg

chiller005.jpg

chiller006.jpg

chiller007.jpg

At a glance the unit requires a pump to circulate the glycol through the heat exchanger tank on top, via inlet outlet. I think the other 4 tubes would be the beer inlet-outlet x2. Does the refrigeration compressor run ok?

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back