Uncle Kev Is At It Again....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As it stands I'm looking at recieving the $950, It will go towards keeping small business viable in this country.

I will be buying my keg system with it... :D I might even spend it before I get it..

Yes I know I could give some to charity... frankly, I don't want to!

Himzo

Hmmm, havent been to the coonawarra yet..... :icon_drunk:

Part of the other half's work territory, might have some ideas as to where to stay etc...If you need info let me know.

The "Of Up To" is interesting. Any clarification on that yet ? I'm assuming it's $950 for very low income earners (what is that - 25k?) but as your earning creep up, the bonus gets smaller.

If I get the full $950, I'm going to get an image of the Governer-General tattooed on my arse cheek in respect of allowing this to happen. I thought the GG's role was to squash socially progressive policies.

F_0_KevinRudd_QuentinBryce_a_32.jpg

Although, I do have two cheeks.

The "Of Up To" is interesting. Any clarification on that yet ? I'm assuming it's $950 for very low income earners (what is that - 25k?) but as your earning creep up, the bonus gets smaller.

if you are a worker and earn less than 80k you get 950. If you earn 80-90 it's 600, if you earn 90-100 it's 450 (?) and anything over 100 you get squat.

Looks like Im up for $950.

I'd gladly give it up if it would be used to get rid of central banking parasites and establish a system of real money.

if you are a worker and earn less than 80k you get 950. If you earn 80-90 it's 600, if you earn 90-100 it's 450 (?) and anything over 100 you get squat.

LOL, I read your comment quickly, and thought you wrote "you are a wanker".

That's going to open up the flame-gates.

Sweet deal, I'm getting $950.00. Will this be taxable income? :)

Krudd knows he will get back a good percentage of this anyway in gst, exise on petrol, and gambling taxes.
Even though we will get some this time, it doesnt change my opinion that it is feel good bullshit from Krudd.
Spending it on health care, education, infrastructure etc and he would get no imediate return
It aint rocket science, just smoke and mirrors

Sweet, money for savings.

Or a beerbelly mash tun. hmmm.

Sweet deal, I'm getting $950.00. Will this be taxable income? :)

why don't you put your $95 towards the charity that FGZ picks, Jase? with yours and my $50, we might spark a bit of interest for others to donate and get to see the bearded burbler lose his face fuzz... :p

Jase, here's a little suggestion.

Instead of preaching your dogma, how about you climb down off that high horse, and actually read the media release???

it doesnt change my opinion that it is feel good bullshit from Krudd.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. In the other thread, it was either Thirstybot or QuantunBrewer that was apalled at my suggestion of a 'vote buying exercise'. Lets review this concept again, now that a new wave of free money (Ruddollars?) is hitting the populous. Rudd is the leader of a party that is trying to be preceived as the new generation of politicians for the people (*ahem* Peter Garrett?). We could argue that it's three years away from an election, so this money cant possibly be a vote-buying exercise. But let's imagine the next few years, the goverrnment might make a really big deal in six months about lowering petrol exise, and six months after that they'll scream about how so many troops in Iraq have been relieved of duty, six months will pass and it will be textbook subsidies for studentys, six months after that they pull another rabbit out of their hat to suck up to the mind-controlled general population. There's two years gone, added to the the year that's already passed, where money has been thrown at so many people. So we're three years in, and an election is called - there's a whole lot of do-good examples that they can throw at people to convince them that the ALP is the party for the people.

There's a shit load of retrogressive policy that needs to be addressed as they flush out the 11-Year Liberal shackles. And we're kidding ourselves if we are to think that the actions of the ALP are for anything more than long-term political gain.

Jase, here's a little suggestion.

Instead of preaching your dogma, how about you climb down off that high horse, and actually read the media release???

How many times have you used dogma in your retorts ? Look, I know you're a smart bloke & all, but baseless critique (such as 'you hate children') isn't really approaching the subject in an open-minided manner.

Guess who's paying for my new kegging system ......Thanks Uncle Kev.......!!!!!!!..... and to think I was going to save up for it

So when the times get harder and there is no more money in the kitty.....who is really going to end up paying?

Looking forward to the tax hikes in the budget after you're re-elected to repay "the splurge we had to have". Money on, the first thing to go up will be the GST, I suggest an increase up to 15% would make a good start then start increasing it yearly by 2.5% until the next election.

F*%k! I was thinking new fridge/freezer for the kitchen with $1600 from big Kev until Kai said Beerbelly. Oh dear! what a conundrum. The pain, the pain............

Right - Gimme Gimme Gimme. I suspect that you're baiting me, so I'll take a nibble.

It's EVERY Australian's money, and to throw it at a couple with kids when those without kids don't get the same, well that's just plain ******* wrong. A child has contributed nothing by way of PAYG tax. Sure you could argue that all those expenses are taxed, and the profits from all those child-rearing purchases are funnelled back into the economy.... although most of it ends up in the pockets of major overseas shareholders who have a firm grasp on the multinational monopoly of big business.

I maintain that it's not the rest of the country's choice if you are to have a kid - and as such there is no legitimate reason to dole out rewards for a lacklustre approach to birth control.

If it's your money, it's my money too mate. In fact, it's more my money than your's being that Ive been in the workforce for at least 10 years longer than you. So may I request that you give 10% of my money to the Wilderness Society when you receive it ? Thank you.

For all I know, I'll probably get a few crumbs out of this one by the sounds of it, but it's not going to change my viewpoint on this whole public bribery scam that the Rudd party is perpetrating. They want to support the people, give everyone sweet-****-all, and pump it into free national tertiary education & an acceptable health care system.
Hey Jas totally respect your view/position BUT.....
Kids cost a shitload to care for and ALL that cost has some sort of taxation cost contributing to the economy. And yes some of your tax money does go towards schooling our little ones but if it wasn't for the tax paying workers that choose to have children we would have NO ******* ONE to pay tax in the future because there wouldnt be anyone. Yep I got money last time and I'll get money this time and it wont be wasted it will be put back into my local community by buy employing local tradesmen and supporting local shops to complete more renovations as I did last time all in the hope that I can sell this house for more than it cost in purchase/renovate costs so I can give my kids a good start on life and in turn become good citizens and contribute back to the economy of this country.

Brad

if it wasn't for the tax paying workers that choose to have children we would have NO ******* ONE to pay tax in the future because there wouldnt be anyone.

You see, it's a combimation of tax paying workers that choose to have children AND the ones who choose not to that are funding them !

As for no-one to pay tax, haven't you heard of immigration ? We should open the door to hard-working adults that might want to start a new life in Australia. If we invest our money in immigration then the rewards are immediate, no need to wait for our investment to mature - ie we won't have to wait 15 years for the little ones to get that first job flipping burgers for eight bucks an hour.

Or if people really want to experience the joy of parenting, then how about tax funding into adoption programs of third-world kids, who are otherwise going to have it a shit load harder in life because their parents have died at the hands of western world taxpayer-funded genocide ? There's already a shitload of kids in the world looking for new parents, why add to the stockpile simply because you need to feel that your dribbling semen played a part in the procreation process ? If you want kids and want to be a parent, then that's great... but there's plenty already out there.

Looks like my $950 will be going on an engine rebuild kit for my smokey old tractor ( $800)

And Grains, Hops and yeasts :icon_chickcheers:

At least Ross should do well in the next few months..

And...the missus will get her big shiny fridge, that means I will get a nice shiny ( 2nd hand ) beer fridge...

Everyone is a winnner...Including Jase. Now if only he had kids, he might get even more, which would mean more to rant about... and give him enough for that tattoo :party:

Everyone is a winnner...Including Jase.

Potentially yes. I make no secret of that. However I maintain that these handouts aren't the way to go.

Should I start a Poll as to how many people want to see me shut the **** up on this forum ?

I'd vote no, at least it's thought provoking....but then again beer is not my whole world

Latest posts

Back