Look Out! Its Mother's Day On Sunday! Did U Forget?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sqyre

Bee & Thistle Brewery
Reaction score
Mother's day is this Sunday...!!! ALERT!!!!ALERT!!!
and anyone with kids will have to not only cater to your MUM but the missus as well...
So what what do you give them for Mum's Day?
perhaps a bottle of your finest IPA?
Or a Starter Brew Kit?

and just when you thought you'd heard enough about that ******* Sqyre and his stupid missus that likes brewing.
I want to share with you a conversation i had about 20minutes ago...
When I had Mrs Sqyre ask me i got her anything for Mother's Day...

. :blink: . . . .yyyy.yes of course i got you something. .www.w..whens Mother's Day again?
Relising i had nothing She said "that's ok."
"so i guess you bought something for yourself already?" i asked.
"No" but i would like to buy something when we get our tax return in july as a present, about $700 or so?"
Oh christ here we go a stupid ring or necklace or something...

"No" she said... " I want to upgrade the Brewstand"
" :blink: .... . . . ... . . :blink: ... . . ." I said.
"maybe upsize the HLT and a March pump? you know.... some bling?"
:blink: ..... . . . .. . .. .. .
Somebody pinch me...

Anyway, so what are you getting your mum?
Perhaps a nice shiney March Pump?

Sqyre...
(Hopefully i have saved someone from the endless death stares of waking up mothers day with no pressie..)

The above has to be BS - or you are gay?

I know people have met your misses and you just had a baby recently, but this is just insane - it cannot be true, Mrs Sqyres must be a man!!!!!

Anyway - I'm in the same situation, my kids (Me) got my misses an IPOD and haven't got my mum anything yet........ Maybe she wants to upgrade my brew stand?

Does it look like he wears the pants? :p
Never heard you complain....

I just had a thought...
i bet there is a heap of mums out there that would love a Heavy Duty "Flour" Mill.... ;)

I had plans for a new bigger kettle and second pump for fly sparging for the rig....... to be done in the next few months.

My wife and i were in Hardly Normal and Joice Maine looking at a hair straitener for her for mothers day.

I spotted a 106cm High Definition TV with the gigital tuner ect....... that was usually $4000.......... for $1599.

Jast one....... demo model, been on the floor for 3 or 4 weeks. Little bit of dust on the back and some stick stuff on the front from a price sticker.......... other than that......... perfect.

Well she got a new TV for mothers day........ couldnt knock back that bargain.

No hair straitner........ no money left!

Now we have to save up for a new TV cabinet as it wont fit in the old one we have.

So im sorted.

and i get to use it too :)

Brew rig will have to wait 6 months for upgrade. Might pull it apart and tidy it all up when i heats up comming up to summer. ITs going to get some use to fill 700 odd bottles during the winter brewing fest.

cheers

The above has to be BS - or you are gay?

I know people have met your misses and you just had a baby recently, but this is just insane - it cannot be true, Mrs Sqyres must be a man!!!!!

Anyway - I'm in the same situation, my kids (Me) got my misses an IPOD and haven't got my mum anything yet........ Maybe she wants to upgrade my brew stand?

Big gifts for mothers days is bullshit,your playing into the advertising,shopping,spending crap.
Try giving Mum a phone call if you can't see her,kids give mum a cup of tea in bed and a kiss.

Batz

I thought mother's day was the first sunday in May so, I got the card in the mail early and ordered a present for the kids - cause I wanted to go to Big Ray's brew Day,

now that's sorted out, and my Mum's happy and so is SWMBO, so

I'm getting a nasa burner!

Big gifts for mothers days is bullshit,your playing into the advertising,shopping,spending crap.
Try giving Mum a phone call if you can't see her,kids give mum a cup of tea in bed and a kiss.

Batz

That is fine, I do not call an IPOD a "big gift", obviously a diamond necklace or something similar is different.

My own mum will most likely get a bottle of nice red

But what you say is true, however if I choose to buy a gift for my mum/wife then I see no problem - no one is being forced into anything here

I had plans for a new bigger kettle and second pump for fly sparging for the rig....... to be done in the next few months.

My wife and i were in Hardly Normal and Joice Maine looking at a hair straitener for her for mothers day.

I spotted a 106cm High Definition TV with the gigital tuner ect....... that was usually $4000.......... for $1599.

Jast one....... demo model, been on the floor for 3 or 4 weeks. Little bit of dust on the back and some stick stuff on the front from a price sticker.......... other than that......... perfect.

Well she got a new TV for mothers day........ couldnt knock back that bargain.

No hair straitner........ no money left!

Now we have to save up for a new TV cabinet as it wont fit in the old one we have.

So im sorted.

and i get to use it too :)

Brew rig will have to wait 6 months for upgrade. Might pull it apart and tidy it all up when i heats up comming up to summer. ITs going to get some use to fill 700 odd bottles during the winter brewing fest.

cheers

Sssshhhheeeessshhh

No wonder interest rates keep going up.

Next rise is your fault Tony :p

Latest posts

Back