Somewhere To Go For Lunch In Sydney.......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tamana's is OK, Thai Pothong is Ok as well.
I think the townie is only a welcome addition to my life after everything else is closed though and I am drunk enough to tolerate it. That said I seem to frequent it...

If you feel like non-beer times, Madame Fling Flongs is a little lounge bar above Soni's restaurant, they do a pretty good negroni.

Im talking a decade ago, so the townie has not changed, I still enjoyed that place tho... Thai Pathong WAS fantastic I loved the red curry duck and pumpkin....

i reckon the townie has dived a little, the Courthouse is where it's at.

Thai Pathong is great! I spent a Semester or two at the Sydney Uni Transport building and we would wander up to King Street for lunch. If you're on Uni student funding, Thai La'ong used to have really super fresh food for $6 for lunch. Their Gai Pad Kapao is fantastic... :icon_drool2:

Ended up at the Australian....

Pint each of Fat Yak Pale Ale upon arrival, rather tasty and after going clothes shopping for the missus, well needed.....
I followed with a middie of the Sharer's Bock, so-so.
Bottle each of Lord Nelson 3 Sheets pale ale.....It seems the wife suddenly likes beer......
I then had another schooey of the Fat Yak......didn't taste the same, that said I had a cigar while I drank the Lord Nelson......

We tried the BBQ emu and pepper kangaroo pizzas, both quite tasty....

End result I ended up being midlly staggery by the time we returned to the Quay to catch the train home.....

kangaroo pizza, hmmm, i have shot hundreds of them buggers but never visualised one on some dough!

kangaroo pizza, hmmm, i have shot hundreds of them buggers but never visualised one on some dough!

You and me both, dude. I wonder if people would still think they're such an attractive, tasty lean meat if they saw some of the worms that came out of the joints of the mangy bastards....

Human consumption you say? Hah! Just means it was gutted and hocked in a different way and it was hung on the inner racks of the shooters 'cruiser....

:icon_vomit:

I used to kill them back in my farm days.....

I've seen the inside of pretty much any type of animal I've seen, except the emu......that and I used to use the same knife to cut my lunch that I used to castrate calves.....I have little concern.

You know the term:p

We used to throw them in a bucket them give em to the dogs at the end of the day. It's quite surprising how much space 100+ calves worth of nuts takes up.....

Good name for a beer. Knacker knocker. :icon_chickcheers: Probably need to be some sort of strong ale.

As a South Aussie, The first place I hit for a feed when in Sydney is the Rib and Rump at Manly beach.
Lamb ribs, Pork ribs and a 250g steak...... :icon_drool2:

Then on the the Bavarian at the pier for a meter of schnapps and a litre of Lowenbrau and then giggle my arse off on the ferry ride back to the hotel.

edit: Dont mind Doyles at Watsons Bay either, Awesome Cajun Barramundi! and a JSAA to wash it down!

Ended up at the Australian....

Pint each of Fat Yak Pale Ale upon arrival, rather tasty and after going clothes shopping for the missus, well needed.....
I followed with a middie of the Sharer's Bock, so-so.
Bottle each of Lord Nelson 3 Sheets pale ale.....It seems the wife suddenly likes beer......
I then had another schooey of the Fat Yak......didn't taste the same, that said I had a cigar while I drank the Lord Nelson......

We tried the BBQ emu and pepper kangaroo pizzas, both quite tasty....

End result I ended up being midlly staggery by the time we returned to the Quay to catch the train home.....

Seems a shame to drink the 3 sheets from the bottle when you can drink it from the brewery around the corner

Kabooby :)

Seems a shame to drink the 3 sheets from the bottle when you can drink it from the brewery around the corner

I did at least have the decency to pour it into a glass first, but I know what you mean...

No probs mate. As long as you enjoyed it.

Back