Ultratap versus Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we could start a thread comparing the actual 2 side by side. Prolly unlikely because most postets i have read here appear to pick one then argue to the death about why its better. I couldnt care less about the polatics.

Iam not knocking advocating one over the other based on solid reasoning. I chose angram cq beer pumps for compatability and having cooling jackets but wouldnt have belittled other pumps.
check post #71

After the Royalty business is over, will there be any spare parts for the Intertap? That is the question that should be asked.

There are people on brewing forums/groups claiming (prior to any Ultratap being known about) that Brad took their money when Ventmatic suddenly shut up shop and didn't deliver on or refund paid for orders, I wonder if they will ever get reimbursed from these royalties or if he will address their claims.

They are both made in the same factory, if you call into KK and check out the finishes they are exactly the same, go in after 2.00 pm when the bar opens and pour yourself a Pakistani Bitter. Better still get Yuri to pour it, put the handle of a screwdriver in your ear and the business end on the tap. You will hear the shuttle move as you would the Intertap, there is no way of avoiding the metal on metal movement. As for the length of the pull, does not make the slightest bit of difference I have a beer engine with a 1/4 pint pull and another with a 1/2 pint pull both beers come out exactly the same.
After the Royalty business is over, will there be any spare parts for the Intertap? That is the question that should be asked.
what is royalty business?
can't you just use parts from one to fix the other?

Have you got an unbiased comparison with photos for the two?
There's zero chance of an unbiased review.

Looking at emptyb's photos of the pour they look the same. In regards to the finish I think anything this cheap coming out of china the QC is going to be questionable, from both suppliers, so it's luck of the draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it seems that detractors in this thread are attempting to bury actual comparison photos with irrelevant crap again. So here are links to earlier in this thread where actual comparison photos were posted:
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/ultratap-versus-intertap.98590/page-12#post-1517895
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/ultratap-versus-intertap.98590/page-12#post-1517902

the QC is going to be questionable, from both suppliers, so it's luck of the draw
I've got four Intertaps and they're identical in quality of the veneer. Happy to put up a photo showing as much. This is why I'm keen for other Ultratap owners to post photos of theirs; one shitty Ultratap isn't enough to form a conclusion about their quality, but more examples of each tap would serve as an apt comparison.

WEAL and BH, surely you're Ultratap owners given your endless spruiking and antagonism, can you post up a photo or two? BH you said you would a while back, and WEAL, do try taking your own photo this time
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/ultratap-versus-intertap.98590/page-6#post-1516372

Summary:
Price - Intertap $10 cheaper (half price if you go chrome plated brass)
Better finish - Intertap (to be fair, only based off one comment)
Pouring experience - Intertap (Ultratap 'scrapes')
Pour Result - Same
FC Option - Intertap
Auto Close - Intertap (spring not well suited to Ultratap)
Interchangable Spout - Intertap (Ultratap has a different thread or something?)

I must say, my Brumby tap pours just as good as my FC intertap...

Hahaha this is why i have been away from this forum for a long time. Good to see some things never change. Over inflated egos who think they are experts on everything flaming each other behind the safety of a keyboard. What a circus.

Intertap, ultratap, both look the same and do the same thing. Pour beer. Kegland vs keg king. Who gives a shit. Shop where you like and get on with talking about beer and brewing

I have some cheap chinese ripoffs which dont actually have a shuttle but rely on the actual ball on the bottom of the lever to seal against an oring. Are any of the earlier intertap, perlick or ultratap this design?

Ive got a genuine v1 fc intertap and its got the shuttle same as current one. Not had any leakage or pouring issues what so ever

I use intertap taps on my kegerator had them for over 12 months no problems with them i don't care how the fight between intertap and ultratap ends but at the end of the day i will stick with my intertaps just my 2 cents worth. Thanks Gary.

Hahaha this is why i have been away from this forum for a long time. Good to see some things never change. Over inflated egos who think they are experts on everything flaming each other behind the safety of a keyboard. What a circus.
Yeah, I'll own up to that one. I fed the trolls. In an ideal world this thread would've been locked a while ago.

Yeah, I'll own up to that one. I fed the trolls. In an ideal world this thread would've been locked a while ago.
Highly intelligent of you is it not? Always wanting to abuse and score cheap points. Karma will get you sooner or later one way or another.

Highly intelligent of you is it not? Always wanting to abuse and score cheap points. Karma will get you sooner or later one way or another.
You have made 76 posts so far on this website, and not a single one is helpful to anyone. In fact all of them are in Kegland/Keg King related threads. You should either contribute something to the wider forum and something to newer brewers in general, or just kindly **** off.

As much as some other people's posts on here may irk me or just be blatant shit posts, at least they are actively contributing something across the website and in a multitude of different threads, trying to offer help or advice when the call is there.

I want to build a kegging system one day but for now all I have is a headache and no idea what taps to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back