Ultratap versus Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have made 76 posts so far on this website, and not a single one is helpful to anyone. In fact all of them are in Kegland/Keg King related threads. You should either contribute something to the wider forum and something to newer brewers in general, or just kindly **** off.

As much as some other people's posts on here may irk me or just be blatant shit posts, at least they are actively contributing something across the website and in a multitude of different threads, trying to offer help or advice when the call is there.
If it pleases you then wish you all the best.

Since this tap thread is popular in Google Search results where Intertap or Ultratap are mentioned, I think we need to get it back on topic and bury the irrelevant crap posted by some above.
Below were my findings re the look and feel of both taps. Putting the call out for any other Ultratap owners to post photos of theirs since my single Ultratap isn't a fair representation. Intertap owners, please post your photos too. I'm keen on photos since they are less open to interpretation and subjectivity than a person's written description.

Off-topic or irrelevant crap will be flagged to a moderator for removal. This is a tap comparison thread.

==============================================================
First thing I noticed is the long throw on the Ultratap as mentioned by pcmfisher and a scraping feeling as I pull the handle. Definitely some friction there, not too sure why, i'll pull it apart and take a look this arvo to see if something is in the way.

The other immediately noticeable difference is the veneer. The Ultratap in the photo is brand new out of the packet and yet I can see blemishes, appears to be from the machining process, it can't be cleaned off. The Intertap on the other hand has a mirror finish.

Both poured equally well, I'm grabbing more photos before posting about performance, so far for looks the Intertap comes out in front as far as looks and usage is concerned.

Last edited:
I know it's in an earlier post, but can you please mark which tap is which in an photos/posts :)
For others: Left = Ultratap, Right = Intertap

For some reason I can't add the updated photo to my post above. Here is the tap comparison photo to accompany my post above.
20180907_142600.jpeg

Intertap FC, probably should have given it a wipe before the photos...meh
Raspberry wheat in the glass

20180907_180842.jpg 20180907_180853.jpg 20180907_180904.jpg 20180907_180919.jpg 20180907_181033.jpg

Cheers Fro-Daddy, looks good, especially that beer.

Where are the Ultratap owners?! Surely they're around?

Finally been able to get around to checking the difference between the two taps.
to me there is no discernible difference in the finish, only the nozzle has a brushed finish on the Ultratap.
001.JPG
The Intertap was slightly worn in, same thing will happen to the Ultratap with use
004.JPG 003.JPG The wear is just on the corners of the shuttle and inside the tap body..
The longer throw should allow more beer to flow, the reason is the difference in the load end of the lever,
the Ultra is a smaller round shape while the Inter has a larger shape apart from that they seem pretty much identical with the same tolerances between the shuttles and the tap.
004.JPG
Comparing them I can see there could be reason for some angst from a certain party.

Patent theft crap aside, I appreciate your contribution WEAL. Interested to see what other Ultratap owners experience regarding the veneer since it's a significant selling point and so far it's coming up second best.

Patent theft crap aside, I appreciate your contribution WEAL. Interested to see what other Ultratap owners experience regarding the veneer since it's a significant selling point and so far it's coming up second best.
What is your worry about patent theft all the time? Surely its not something you have done? If someone knocked off Brad’s design then it will out sooner or later I would hazard a guess.

I'll quote myself for that response, you continue to be a complete waste of space Beir Hearder

Quote for me, in his words, where he called that out. The closest he says in that video, to anything relevant in your argument, is that "the Ultratap is probably the best tap he's ever made". If there were a legitimate case for patent theft KegKing will most certainly contest it and take legal proceedings.
Again you are polluting this thread with pure conjecture. Get some evidence or shove off and let people compare taps like the thread intends.
Ed: to be perfectly clear, there have been plenty of implications - from wide eyed and legless and Beir Hearder specifically - that Intertaps are ripping off the Ultratap patent. It gives me the shits since I don't like an obviously biased person, or people, pushing an agenda by spreading rumours without any evidence to support their claim. I have no horse in this race, I just dislike people who speak bullshit.

Last edited:
This thread is like a conversation about who makes the best steak, McDonald's or Burger King. Hilarious for reasons that escape some of the posters/readers. Even those who don't post much but have spent a fair amount of time reading know that the drama here is all political run-off from the KK personnel change-up shit-show.

These taps have a clear origin story and a linear development path, regardless of how the two currently available in the market compare wrt finish - UT is the follow-on product, not designed "from scratch" or "right the first time" - it was a riff on an existing design for reasons having to do with the KK shakeup. I'm with the more sane posters, both current products likely do the job very well for some and may do so for a long time to come. O-rings alone on that design will have to be serviced more often. Good to have options, but no one has proven nor shown a shred of evidence of one offering being "better" than the other - they may just be slightly different and "equally" good/bad. Imagine that.

Disclaimer: I have non-FC stainless Intertap G2, Chinese Euro-style rotary taps, with TruPour Rototaps forthcoming.

I would suppose that there is not a lot for me to say having now seen all three Vent Matic, Ultra and Inter one could only think that the Ultra is the result of an evolutionary change, so which one is a copy, is mine a copied Intertap, or the original, or is the copy an exact clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back