Ultratap versus Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malt and barley blues

Reaction score
Having had problems with my Intertaps was over at KK today and noticed a new tap, the Ultratap, really looks the goods, all stainless steel and handle included. Asked if I could check the seals inside, much better and easy to change, a big improvement on the Intertaps. Not priced up as yet but have my name on three of them.:)

Which model Intertap did you have?
I've got 4 of the G2 stainless flow control taps.
Love them, never had a problem or a bad pour.

They seem to have trouble closing properly, I have one with flow control on my minikeg with similar problems. There is a discussion somewhere on here I will try and find it.

I have 2 G1 SS intertaps and 1 G1 SS FC intertap. No issues at all, easy to maintain ect. I am looking to get rid of the flow control or at least mothball it because I have found flow control to be unnecessary and a bit of a gimmick.

I have seen some Chinese knockoffs of the perlick (looks the same without the 'P') and they look amazing. Machining is leaps and bounds ahead of G1 intertap and the shuttle is round instead of square like the intertap. I have seen them being sold with those nitro cold brew mini keg setups.

Having had problems with my Intertaps was over at KK today and noticed a new tap, the Ultratap, really looks the goods, all stainless steel and handle included. Asked if I could check the seals inside, much better and easy to change, a big improvement on the Intertaps. Not priced up as yet but have my name on three of them.:)
My cousin was in there yesterday and bought one so guess they must have priced them up. Can‘t wait to see it.

The genuine Intertap taps are the best.

I have taken some photos of the new Keg King taps and you can see what they are like:

Garbage%20Keg%20King%20Tap.jpeg

Garbage%20Keg%20King%20Tap2.jpeg

Garbage%20Keg%20King%20Tap3.jpeg

When you get one of these copies and compare with a genuine Intertap tap you can clearly see the difference.

The genuine Intertap taps are the best.

I have taken some photos of the new Keg King taps and you can see what they are like:

Garbage%20Keg%20King%20Tap.jpeg

Garbage%20Keg%20King%20Tap2.jpeg

Garbage%20Keg%20King%20Tap3.jpeg

When you get one of these copies and compare with a genuine Intertap tap you can clearly see the difference.
Whoever gave you that tap as an Ultratap has actually given you a bum steer, either that or you have put up misleading information, I did notice you purposely left out any indication, like the name that it is the Ultratap.
001.JPG
003.JPG

To be honest it did not say ultratap on the sample that we received. It was just the flow control tap that they are now packing with the kegerators.

I have not used ont of these taps that you have put in the photos above. By the looks of this o-rings design on both sides of the ball we cant see this tap being as realiable as the genuine Intertap designs. I will guess that you will start getting some leaks after a couple months.

S
To be honest it did not say ultratap on the sample that we received. It was just the flow control tap that they are now packing with the kegerators.

I have not used ont of these taps that you have put in the photos above. By the looks of this o-rings design on both sides of the ball we cant see this tap being as realiable as the genuine Intertap designs. I will guess that you will start getting some leaks after a couple months.
Then why post in the Ultratap versus Intertap thread, was it purely to mislead any prospective purchasers of the Ultratap? And how do you know how long the "O" rings will last, at least its only "O" rings to replace, sounds like a bit of envy to me.

I have 2 G1 SS intertaps and 1 G1 SS FC intertap. No issues at all, easy to maintain ect. I am looking to get rid of the flow control or at least mothball it because I have found flow control to be unnecessary and a bit of a gimmick.

I have seen some Chinese knockoffs of the perlick (looks the same without the 'P') and they look amazing. Machining is leaps and bounds ahead of G1 intertap and the shuttle is round instead of square like the intertap. I have seen them being sold with those nitro cold brew mini keg setups.
There is a discussion on Homebrew Talk about those Chinese knockoffs, got a better review than the Intertap, aside from the leaks I have also noticed a metal against metal feel, Kee mentioned in the Intertap test video the wear on the shuttle so that is where it is coming from. Hopefully the Ultratap will perform better, will give a review when I have them set up.

Yeah the intertap does have that clunky metal on metal feel for quite a while but I found that mine bed in. My oldest tap has a really smooth action.

How did you go setting up the Ultras? I brought and set up 2 today.

I seem to be getting a lot of head from them when compared to my brumby style tap.

Unfortunately being fairly new to the game I dont have a lot of experience to compare them to. Maybe I need to adjust my pressures with the new taps.

They definitely look well made though.

Looking forward to hearing an update!

How did you go setting up the Ultras? I brought and set up 2 today.

I seem to be getting a lot of head from them when compared to my brumby style tap.

Unfortunately being fairly new to the game I dont have a lot of experience to compare them to. Maybe I need to adjust my pressures with the new taps.

They definitely look well made though.

Looking forward to hearing an update!
I was in KK on Friday, they certainly do look quality, poured a beer through one and was a perfect pour.
Give Yuri a call tomorrow, he is the one who probably set the display tap up. Unless MBB replies in the meantime.

Il have a play around and duck my head in soon if all else fails. It does look the goods. Have no idea what photos are provided above but they definitely are not these taps. :bigcheers:

Just an update. Seems I was fairly lucky getting away with my set up on the brumby tap. I extended my beer lines from 2 to 3.5m and at 12PSI Im getting around 30mm of head on cold taps and a warm glass. Prefer a little less but Im sure with a cold glass it would be a bit better.

The taps are definitely value for money though. Glad I didnt drop have to drop the extra coin on the intertaps like I thought I would have to. Makes setting up a little less stressful on the hip pocket

Gave the Intertap's the arse and I used the same line length as the Intertap and adjusted pressure, getting a great pour.

How are they better than Intertaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back