Trade Marking Gone Mad!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a crock, so much for the famous "sharing" us brewers are well known for, guess that excludes the big boys hey.

Thats because the big guys aint brewers theyre bean counters ;)

Bunch of bloody cu*ts eh! <_<

Might be a good reason to hunt down some Green Man beers.

Have only seen them at Nectar in Brissie, but think my support might go to them rather than Montieth's next time.

Fools.

Wonder what the actual brewers at Montieth's think of this.

Thats because the big guys aint brewers theyre bean counters ;)

Bunch of bloody cu*ts eh! <_<

:icon_offtopic: Only for a few days each month.

Buuuuuut anyway. I don't see this as being something that will be remedied any time soon... no offence, but it is only New Zealand. Even if it were Australia I don't think there'd be international furore.

It's a disturbing pattern from DB, that seems to have started with them trademarking "Summer Ale". What is truely mind boggling is not that they would try to do this, but that anyone with the responsibility to issue Trademarks granted these...

*sigh*

Andy

...What is truely mind boggling is not that they would try to do this, but that anyone with the responsibility to issue Trademarks granted these...

Rightly said, makes you wonder if there have been any huge cash "donation$" by DB to the NZ government to help the decision?... <_<

Its a shame though cause I bet that the decision was made by some white collar bloke who cares nothing about beer, only about growing an empire. I bet the brewers at Monteiths aren't overjoyed...

Speaking of that - anyone know any brewers from Monteiths?? Would be interesting to hear what they think.

Back