Tooheys Draught Can

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a couple of marked down cans of this from Big W.
I have used one so far in this manner -

Tooheys Draught can
500 grams Light Dry Malt
400 grams Dextrose
200 grams Xtal (cold steeped)
15 grams Pride of Ringwood Hops
Nottingham Yeast

I boiled the POR for 45 in the Xtal juice and added malt and dext towards end of boil.
Added goo and ingredients from boil to fermenter and made to 20 litres with cold water.

After 3 weeks in the bottle is a very acceptable beer.. I believe that adding a around 500 grams of malt, a bit of dext, a better than supplied yeast and some hops can make any can of goo a winner.. I do the same thing with homebrand cans and am pleased with the result for the dollars outlayed. Definatley don't chuck it.. Have a bit of fun experimenting and learn what you like.. That is what I do..

just got around to using the one i have from my kit

Draught can
1kg Extra Pale malt extract
11g POR hop teabag
Morgans Lager Yeast

will post up once ready

I got a tin of this marked down at BigW a while back. ($4 without yeast - figured what did I have to lose?).

I managed to turn it into something passable, not brilliant, but ok:

1x tooheys draught can
500g honey
500g crystal grain (Baird's from memory)
15g Pride of Ringwood pellets at 30 mins.
10g Pride of Ringwood at 5 mins (probably dont need this, I was just mucking about to see what it would do)
Make up to 23 litres and ferment with US-05.

It was a bit thin - I was trying to make something a bit lighter than I normally make. Some extra malt would have built up the body.

Drinkable, but certainly not that memorable.

Back