Too Old For Ahb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 Serviceman :icon_cheers: ..we are like vintage wine gets better with age,and like a vintage car,rally once a year and then got to be hand started :icon_cheers:

At the risk of annoying our female members:

A man, though his hair be white, can always get a wife
But a woman's time is short

Theophilus 280 a.d.

B)

edit :sorry I was wrong, it was Aristophanes... that guy rocked:

Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before,
Advanced a stage or two upon that road
Which you must travel in the steps they trod.

And:

under every stone you will find a politician

haha, guy had it in one

He's also the source of "women, you can't live with them and can't live without them" :p

That was before the age of plastic surgery and the time of the cougar, Bribie

4. Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.

Of course by protection, it really means so that you can just check out her arse.... :lol:

Yeah gonna get me some of that booty before the day is out ;)

:icon_offtopic:
you a hot rodder? for me the next best thing to a nice beer is the sound of a nice v8 burbling away.

Only Hotrodder thing about the car...A 1937 Ford...Is a 1938 Motor
And an Alternator....
Though i am a member of Shoalhaven Street Rodders....
I sold my Hotrod ....To get married.... :angry: 45 Years ago....
Cheers
PJ
Most of the members of our Club...Are OLD FARTS.....Over 60 Yrs.
old

I met a bloke once whose nickname was Hotrod.
He was a cook in the navy - was cutting up chillies and forgot to wash his hands before he went for a pee.

people forget old farts with hot rods get the hot chicks..
thglittertara.gif

was cutting up chillies and forgot to wash his hands before he went for a pee.

:p

Done that myself too... only ever the once.. this is a lesson you learn from

[edit] to Topic.

I'd rather learn from an 'old Fart' than an "I know everything young'un" any day..

besides all you 'Old Farts' know the best jokes

:p

At the risk of annoying our female members:

A man, though his hair be white, can always get a wife
But a woman's time is short

Theophilus 280 a.d.

B)

edit :sorry I was wrong, it was Aristophanes... that guy rocked:

Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before,
Advanced a stage or two upon that road
Which you must travel in the steps they trod.

And:

under every stone you will find a politician

haha, guy had it in one

He's also the source of "women, you can't live with them and can't live without them" :p

Great quotes.

This also come to mind...

But 'tis a common proof,
That lowliness is young ambition's ladder,
Whereto the climber-upward turns his face;
But when he once attains the upmost round.
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
(William Shakespeare, 'Julius Caesar', II, 1)

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~Mark Twain

Says it all

Or perhaps

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis

is more appropriate.

Edit: found this one gave me a giggle

I advise you to go on living solely to enrage those who are paying your annuities. It is the only pleasure I have left. ~Voltaire

My 17 and 19 y/o daughter and son refer to their parents as being old, early 40`s. I shudder what they will call us in 10 -20 years.

TP, having never met the bloke, sounds like a top guy whom at times has given me a heads up on certain brewing practices via PM, Goodonya Pete :icon_cheers:

I love going to a pub that a heap of old people go to have a chat with everyone. I love going down to our local on friday arvo and hearing there experiences and where they came from. And they are all top blokes who enjoy a good beer and a great chat. I'm only 24 but old farts always have time to teach you what they know and have great storys.

Hmmm talking about it makes me want to go down to the pub and have beer.

Old farts post American email forwards on Australian websites because they're geriatric :D

TP, having never met the bloke, sounds like a top guy whom at times has given me a heads up on certain brewing practices via PM, Goodonya Pete :icon_cheers:

Having met Pete, it's not so much worrying about him being an old fart, just worrying about when he does fart...

:icon_vomit:

Having met Pete, it's not so much worrying about him being an old fart, just worrying about when he does fart...

:icon_vomit:

+1

yes having met him it is always interesting. but the old fart can pull his weight during the recent clean-up in Brisbane

Yeah well, being old just means we have the runs on the board.
Like I used to tell the young bucks and does when still working, "there's no guarantee you will get as far as I have".

At 63, and retired, I don't feel old. It just means I have time to do things I want to do, without the stress of ridiculous government and corporate demands which bedevil most employees these days.

For goodness sake, why did I have to do a refresher course (on line) every year into stupid issued to do with customer service, sexual harassment, service standards, occupational health and safety etc etc ? Geez, I wouldn't have got to where I was if I wasn't innately aware of those issues, and already doing what common sense told me was good business practice.

One of my favourite golf days is Tuesdays, our veterans' (anyone 55 and older) competition at my club. There's some great older fellows to mix with on those days, (well, apart from the odd dickhead, but that's rare).

One of my great joys was walking out of another silly training session in the last few months of my time at work. The presenter asked the group: "Does anyone think there is such a thing as a difficult customer?" The general reply was: "Yes". We were told we were all wrong, because there were: "Only opportunities for solutions".

Yeah well, being old just means we have the runs on the board.
Like I used to tell the young bucks and does when still working, "there's no guarantee you will get as far as I have".

At 63, and retired, I don't feel old. It just means I have time to do things I want to do, without the stress of ridiculous government and corporate demands which bedevil most employees these days.

For goodness sake, why did I have to do a refresher course (on line) every year into stupid issued to do with customer service, sexual harassment, service standards, occupational health and safety etc etc ? Geez, I wouldn't have got to where I was if I wasn't innately aware of those issues, and already doing what common sense told me was good business practice.

One of my favourite golf days is Tuesdays, our veterans' (anyone 55 and older) competition at my club. There's some great older fellows to mix with on those days, (well, apart from the odd dickhead, but that's rare).

One of my great joys was walking out of another silly training session in the last few months of my time at work. The presenter asked the group: "Does anyone think there is such a thing as a difficult customer?" The general reply was: "Yes". We were told we were all wrong, because there were: "Only opportunities for solutions".

Another old fart labelled "not a team player"

Latest posts

Back