Too Old For Ahb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
I have recently been told by cotcho cocko kofo or whoever??? that I'm too old to be participating on this forum & that my typing skills are ratshit being the geriatric that I am.
NO WORRIES! I have moved on past such small-minded comments & I forgive you whatever your name is? (I forget :lol:).
Just want to pass on this little gem to you & others like you who are unfortunate enough not to show respect for those who have lived in better times than we do now-----

OLD FART PRIDE

Actually, it's not a bad thing to be called, as you will see.

1. Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
2. Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbour , Guadalcanal , Norma ndy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
3. If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.
4. Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
5. Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
6. Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.
7. It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Farts!

I was taught to respect my elders.It's just getting harder to find them.

TP

Depends what you call old..and how is the person calling you OLD,because the current generation call anyone over 50 old..

you have to remember old farts get the senior discounts at the pub.

Nice one Pete, I'd like to think I'll be an old fart one day.

cheers

Browndog

Recommend watching Grumpy Old Men on that new fangled Digital Video Disc and them funny televisions that don't have a huge box sticking out the back. :p

We all were young once, and will all be old at some stage.

Only dickheads don't respect the older generation! Any one who calls someone an oldfart or even a young fool should get a life and be banned from forums such as this one, cause they prove through such statements that they are not meant to fit into society.

QldKev

My bad....

Apologised, and will again - A random, late night mis-understood comment, I think on both our behalves obviously created a little ripple in the waters of the original reason of why we were posting.

I publicly say, I am sorry if I caused any offence to you, and/or anyone by saying that age was any kind of dis-advantage in any way to any thing... **** we are all heading in the 'ageing' direction and I am the first to respect that fact! Again sorry to offend. Age is about as important as you hair colour IMO - What the f&ck does it matter....

Anyway, grow up ;) and lets move on! :unsure:

Cheers

Cake-o!

My bad....

Apologised, and will again - A random, late night mis-understood comment, I think on both our behalves obviously created a little ripple in the waters of the original reason of why we were posting.

I publicly say, I am sorry if I caused any offence to you, and/or anyone by saying that age was any kind of dis-advantage in any way to any thing... **** we are all heading in the 'ageing' direction and I am the first to respect that fact! Again sorry to offend. Age is about as important as you hair colour IMO - What the f&ck does it matter....

Anyway, grow up ;) and lets move on! :unsure:

Cheers

Cake-o!

Moving on Cocko & may your fermenters keep bubbling. :icon_cheers:

TP

Where do i fit......
i am a week younger than Pearl Harbour.... :p
Dont know the words of Anthem ..they kept changing it on me.. :D
Even my car is 4 years older than me..
Cheers
PJ

I hear you brother!

I have recently been told by cotcho cocko kofo or whoever??? that I'm too old to be participating on this forum & that my typing skills are ratshit being the geriatric that I am.
NO WORRIES! I have moved on past such small-minded comments & I forgive you whatever your name is? (I forget :lol:).
Just want to pass on this little gem to you & others like you who are unfortunate enough not to show respect for those who have lived in better times than we do now-----

OLD FART PRIDE

1. Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
2. Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbour , Guadalcanal , Norma ndy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .
3. If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.
4. Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
5. Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
6. Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.
7. It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

Thank God for Old Farts!

TP

i must be an old fart in a youngish body if the old fart code of conduct is anything to go by or maybe it was my old man teaching me the right way to approach life and those that live around us.We can all learn from those that are younger than us and older,it is all about trust.

my shillings worth

Recommend watching Grumpy Old Men on that new fangled Digital Video Disc and them funny televisions that don't have a huge box sticking out the back. :p

DVD actually stands for Digital Versatile Disc :ph34r:

Only being a young smart arse

Cheers Stu

Where do i fit......
i am a week younger than Pearl Harbour.... :p
Dont know the words of Anthem ..they kept changing it on me.. :D
Even my car is 4 years older than me..
Cheers
PJ

:icon_offtopic:
you a hot rodder? for me the next best thing to a nice beer is the sound of a nice v8 burbling away.

Reminds me of last weekend at a friends 40th at the Port office Hotel in the city. We had a function room (wine room) for this party which had an eighties theme being what you wore to your formal. A young lady who was serving us drinks was seen mouthing the words to one of the eighties bands that were playing when I remarked how she new the lyrics to that song. She promptly turned & proudly asserted that "her mother used to play it all the time when she was very young". The went deadly quiet as we all realised that we were old farts.

Cheers

Paul

PS The public bar had been deadly quiet the whole night until I ventured out around 11pm & found the whole room full of young ladies with skirts that came down to the hips & young men knocking fists & bumping their shoulders into each other as they greeted. I turned to a friend (senior sergent qld police) who remarked "that's how they roll these days".

Damn I wish I was younger, why is youth & constant erections wasted on the young.

DVD actually stands for Digital Versatile Disc :ph34r:

Only being a young smart arse

Cheers Stu

Actually the definition of DVD is either a 'Digital Versatile Disc' or a 'Digital Video Disc'. Sources: Webopedia, TechEncyclopedia and The Free Dictionary. :ph34r: :unsure:

Pete, if you're not 62 then you aint that old. If you're older then I'm not that old! I go along with most of what you put under your post but as an Aussie ex serviceman let me just not quite agree with it all,
Bob

Hahaha... me too!

They never built girls like that when I was a young fool....

NO WORRIES! I have moved on past such small-minded comments & I forgive you whatever your name is? (I forget :lol: ).

OLD FART PRIDE

Thank God for Old Farts!

TP

posted at 8:07pm, shouldn't you have been in bed TP ?

Latest posts

Back