Timber Slabs..want one In Qld.?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I just scored another timber slab, most of you Qld. brewers have seen my bar.

This one I'm going to put under the patio for extra drinking, leaning, gas bagging room.

slab_002.jpg

It's Australian 'Mango Bark' or Turpentine tree, around 50mm thick.
I paid the guy $150.00 for it, cheap enough I believe. Anyway if your interested he has another the same as this, next cut.
He also has a few others of different timbers. Just thought some of you maybe interested.

Batz

Looks the goods Batz....Once I'm in this new house (when I decide which one I want to buy), I might be up for something like that for my bar!

Cheers

yeah mate, I'd be keen for a new bar B)

pm us if you like

cheers
Dave

I'd love to have the space for something like this, but alas do not.
If you have the time, please keep us up to date with what you need to to to convert the raw slab into a drinker's bench!

Tim

I'd love to have the space for something like this, but alas do not.
If you have the time, please keep us up to date with what you need to to to convert the raw slab into a drinker's bench!

Tim

Easy as, light sand and two pack 'Liquid Glass' I'll post some pics of my bar later.

Batz

Hi Batz,

Can you please give us some details on the "liquid glass" gear that you speak of so highly?

Cheers
JSB

Batz,
That a great looking piece of timber! actually, both, the bar and the new one. Well impressed.

the_bar_010.jpg

It's a fantastic product, you can bore holes in it and add items like bottle tops as well.
If your ever in Gympie and after you visit Screwy, check out the Imperial Hotel in Mary Street.
I knew the guy that owned the pub and he put me on to liquid glass, after 5 years it still looks good on the front bar, check out the tables too ;)

Batz

Cheers for the photos Batz, nice shiney wood ya got there.

Latest posts

Back