Thinking Of Moving My Set-up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archie

Reaction score
Gday All,
I have a quick question, I am thinking of moving my Brewing setup to the garage. Has anyone had any dramas with conamination in there own garages. Am a little worries about the dust and fuels and stuff. I also park my car in there. I am thinking its a bad idea but my brewing set-up is growing and the missus is sick of it being in the house.

Cheers
:beer:

I always do my brewing in garage. I've never had any problems.A lot of guys here brew outdoors with no dramas. It all comes down to how good your sanititisation is, and how frequently you allow the outside air to make contact with the wort.
BTW what type of brewing have you been doing inside the house? I assume k&k right? I wouldnt reckong there would be too many AG brewers doing it inside that are still married. :ph34r:

vl.

vlbaby said:
I always do my brewing in garage. I've never had any problems.A lot of guys here brew outdoors with no dramas. It all comes down to how good your sanititisation is, and how frequently you allow the outside air to make contact with the wort.
BTW what type of brewing have you been doing inside the house? I assume k&k right? I wouldnt reckong there would be too many AG brewers doing it inside that are still married. :ph34r:

vl.
[post="124779"][/post]​

Spot on vl.
I brewed on the patio at my old place for years,now in the shed I share with the tractor,spiders,snakes (Monty),dust and who knows what else.
It's all up to you and your sanititsation as vl. said.
Somewhere in the lost threads there is a poll on 'where do you brew'...I can't find it.

Batz

Cheers guys I will be moving my set-up today some time. You are quite right i have been doing the k&k inside but am looking into my first AG brew. Cant wait to start

Thanks for the help
:super:

Batz said:
Somewhere in the lost threads there is a poll on 'where do you brew'...I can't find it.

Batz
[post="124781"][/post]​

Link here

Cheers Ross

If you use gas at all just make sure your ventilation is ok.

i have always brewed in my garage. never had a problem.

just reading this made me think of the damage a mongolian rambo burner would do to pollished floor boards after a 75 min boil in my kitchen !!!!!

it has scarred the concrete :)

i just keep it reasionably clean but the floor is plenty stained and its far from a sterile invoronment but anything that goes on the floor stays on the floor.

cheers

Prepare in the kitchen, then carry out to the garage.

Also bottle in the garage.

Seem to get more constant temps there, its made of brick, so it stays fairly cool in summer and constant in winter.

Would LOVE to get a dedicated room for brewing.

Will come one day when I can eventually afford a house..... a long way away!

Nui said:
Prepare in the kitchen, then carry out to the garage.

Also bottle in the garage.

Seem to get more constant temps there, its made of brick, so it stays fairly cool in summer and constant in winter.

Would LOVE to get a dedicated room for brewing.

Will come one day when I can eventually afford a house..... a long way away!
[post="124938"][/post]​
Improvisation is the road that most brewers use, me, I do all my brewing on the back porch, where I have 2 fermenting fridges, gets cold in the middle of winter, but the 2 Doberman's :p keep me company

Normell

normell said:
gets cold in the middle of winter, but the 2 Doberman's :p keep me company

Normell
[post="124944"][/post]​

A 2 dog night AY.

The shed is where it all happens for me, Only I've got 2 pesky kids instead of canines.(love em)

I have to admit I still brew in the kitchen, though I have to bring all my stuff in from the shed to do so. Problem I have is that I don't have a HLT as yet so still rely on the stove.

The beauty of all of this is that my missus works every Friday night until midnight or 1 am so I have free run of the kitchen (insert evil laugh here) to brew to my hearts content.

Steve

stephen said:
I have to admit I still brew in the kitchen, though I have to bring all my stuff in from the shed to do so. Problem I have is that I don't have a HLT as yet so still rely on the stove.

The beauty of all of this is that my missus works every Friday night until midnight or 1 am so I have free run of the kitchen (insert evil laugh here) to brew to my hearts content.

Steve
[post="124985"][/post]​
...and the capacity to have other locals over for a brew. Especially if it's a weizguy from down the road.

As vlbaby sez: prob not too many ag brewers that doing it inside that are still married. But then, not many whose missus will leave the house so U can brew. I know mine does (lol).

I mash & sparge in the kitchen, then carry the kettle out to the back verandah (8 ft off the ground and surrounded by Aussie bushland + swamp) for the boil.

Seth :p

Back