The Worst Commercial Beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really? i think the bluetoungue is pretty drinkable compared to american lagers..

has anyone tried miller genuine draught?

omg i think it broke my tongue..

i took it back and just bought a coopers.

really? i think the bluetoungue is pretty drinkable compared to american lagers..

has anyone tried miller genuine draught?

omg i think it broke my tongue..

i took it back and just bought a coopers.

I had Millers a long, long time ago, as part of an American 6-pack. It was better than Bud, but I recall enjoying a VB afterwards.

only thing this thread proves is that beer drinkers tatse buds vary vastly between individuals.

For my 2 cents worth - Buckleys Bock is the worst beer I have ever had

Jimmy

....oh, and James Squire (something, maybe amber ale) on hand pump. Stinky and couldn't finish it. Dam water, silt and rust smells.

Dude,
Please dont make such sweeping statements, there are plenty of god scottish beers, and Fullers Shite?

Whatever.

With out a doubt, West End Draught for me. The most revolting foulest drink i've ever experienced. Fermented murray river water..... Do you know what the victorians do in the murray river?

But i also cannot stomach Coldies, TED, Carlton extra dry??, and all watery light megaswill beers. As for crownies... i guess marketing has really paid off there...

For my 2 cents worth - Buckleys Bock is the worst beer I have ever had

It's certainly a terrible beer. I think some Indian beers have probably topped it for me.

For commercial beers at least. Some of my own efforts have been about the same standard, but for some reason I decided not to try to sell them. :ph34r: :lol:

The ratebeer drain pour reviews amuse me anyway. Link.

Matilda Bay Grayston Reserve

Looks like turd, smells like rotting meat, and tastes like they forgot to ferment it!

Can't quite put my finger on the worst one... but:

Tooheys New/extra dry/old smells like poo. (Actually kind of works a bit with tooheys old).

Carlton&United beers (all the same but in different bottles) have a rancid, sort of tangy yeast aftertaste.

WED still tops the list for me though I'd have to say. Combination of both the smelly poo and the tangy yeast.

After enjoying a recent 2 weeks holiday over in Fiji I would have to say this stuff is the worst I have tried and I have a good idea why:
It has something to do with the fosters group.
No shortage of cane sugar in Fiji and I think at least 30% makes it into this beer.
It's called Bitter but it's a Lager but only in the brew length and maybe a serving fridge.
They do a watered down version called Gold.
l_894bf31e55d7c055ff69ff92949950c2.jpg

If it wasn't for the tropical heat... :blink:

- Luke

Very easy to neck and at much better than the Fiji Malt House offerings, based near Suva. They had all 5 on tap on Denarau Island at The Westin. Stickly sweet would best describe the range, 2 lagers, a pilsner, a pale ale and of all beers for Fiji, a bock! :huh:

I was a great believer that there are no bad beers.
Well, some just are better then other.
Homebrewers have a habit to slag VB and like for bad beer.
I think i have found one that is worse.

Little Creatures Golden Ale.
It taste like a brewweiser munich lager brew wirh kiy yeast heavily oxidised. :D lol
Seriously it is incredible bland.
I brew a lager that turned out a bit thin and only had an IBU around 25 that tasted more then that with HSA.
"Blow me down" as Captain 'You know who' would have said.

What you worst commercial beer? :ph34r:

Thank god I thought I was the ony one!!!!!!!
I bought a carton $60 for that little creatures sh#t and was most annoyed as the fellow at the bottle shop said it was the best beer he has ever tatsed. I musn't have the taste for expensive crap :chug:

Thank god I thought I was the ony one!!!!!!!
I bought a carton $60 for that little creatures sh#t and was most annoyed as the fellow at the bottle shop said it was the best beer he has ever tatsed. I musn't have the taste for expensive crap :chug:

You'll learn. ;)

Jeez, we are up to post 72 and I can't believe nobody has mentioned Haagen Gold. To me this stuff left all bland beers for dead. It taste like it was made with "instant beer powder" but they only used one teaspoon instead of two.

cheers

Browndog

Sadly, it was a Belgian beer - Jupiler.

Surrounded by all that goodness and a crap lager (in a can) still managed to find its way past my lips.

Foul.

....oh, and James Squire (something, maybe amber ale) on hand pump. Stinky and couldn't finish it. Dam water, silt and rust smells.

i'm with you on the Amber Ale tangent, couldn't stand it.

got flamed once for slagging this beer :eek:

Yard

I haven't been a fan of James Squire beers for a while now, they really seem to have changed & have developed a very samey taste which I don't particulary like. Drunk & blindfolded, I reckon I'd have trouble telling a lot of them apart B)
That said there are far worse beers around.

Every beer has it's place & can taste good in the right enviroment. I even started to look forward to alcohol free Heiniken at the end of a hot working day in the sun, while staying in alcohol free Libya.
.....All that is except my all time worst "Watney's Bleedin' Red Barrell", that was truly a metallic tasting travesty, that blighted English pubs for a few years.

cheers Ross

We had a vote for Byron Bay beer a while ago and I can second that. I'd forgotten just how bad it is. Off the top of my head I think it's brewed by Blue Tongue, which IMO is also pretty awful.

The last two bad commercial beers I had the misfortune of putting to my lips and did not finish was Blue Tounge Lager and that Cold Ultra Chill Carlton beer - YUK!

I don't mind Blue Tongue Lager, only had it on tap though...

I haven't been a fan of James Squire beers for a while now, they really seem to have changed & have developed a very samey taste which I don't particulary like. Drunk & blindfolded, I reckon I'd have trouble telling a lot of them apart B)
That said there are far worse beers around.

Every beer has it's place & can taste good in the right enviroment. I even started to look forward to alcohol free Heiniken at the end of a hot working day in the sun, while staying in alcohol free Libya.
.....All that is except my all time worst "Watney's Bleedin' Red Barrell", that was truly a metallic tasting travesty, that blighted English pubs for a few years.

cheers Ross

Ahh Ross
Watneys Red Barrel
Brings back memories of Hackney greyhound track and the only time I ever drank anything worse than Hahn Lite Yuck Yuck.
Cheers Altstart

my vote goes to "celebrator",not sure where from but we where forced to drink this after complementry bloody marys whilst fishing for muskees in northern wisconsin.
the boat would pull up in the middle of the lake not long after sun-up and we would be treated to the" marys",then forced to drink this beer that has two plastic goats attached,the skipper called the beer "double bocked double goat", i called it distilled fox piss.
shocking stuff served at room or boat temp,we started fishing from the bank the next day. :D

Latest posts

Back