The New Inventors - June 11: Home Brew Sediment Reducer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
Look out filterers, the Brodie Sediment Extractor is on its way B)

Will be on Wednesday night for all the others who won't be watching Queensland spank NSW in Origin 2.

Extract from here

Invention 2: BRODIE SEDIMENT EXTRACTOR by inventors Patrick Alkemade from VIC and Brett Shellcot from QLD

This invention is for all those home brewers who want to drink their favourite drop straight from the bottle. Up until now they've had to contend with the natural sediment getting mixed up in the beer as they drink. The Brodie Sediment Extractor is a plastic, reusable device that removes sediment from the home brewed beer during the brewing process and at the same time keeps the bottle pressurised. So now your beer can be drunk straight from the stubby - removing the need to carefully pour homebrew into a glass. Brodie Sediment Extractor - the clear way to home brew.

Nice find Duff, very interesting. I can see how you'd store your bottles upside down in milk crates or the like. Same for chilling - need to use the door of the fridge. I wonder how much headspace it adds to your bottle, oxidation risk? May need to fill to the lip, then cap. Linky below:

http://sedexbrewing.com/index.html

LMAO,,,,,,,,,SO FUNNY, Painting the picture of life upside down!!!!!! The 69 extractor maybe :lol:
I`ll stick with the wee bit of sediment that "makes" my beer.

Will be on Wednesday night for all the others who won't be watching Queensland spank NSW in Origin 2.
Guess you haven't heard Lockyer won't be playing......

Hmmmm... from the people who brought you the highly successful ashtray on a motorbike. :blink:

Warren -

Um, yep.
Kegging is the way to go :beerbang:

Doc

Nice find Duff, very interesting. I can see how you'd store your bottles upside down in milk crates or the like. Same for chilling - need to use the door of the fridge. I wonder how much headspace it adds to your bottle, oxidation risk? May need to fill to the lip, then cap. Linky below:

http://sedexbrewing.com/index.html
Brilliant concept. I have seen them in the flesh, the idea is good but at $5.00 each RRP I didn't think they would be viable.Remember you need one for each bottle. Needs to made in a cheap labour Asian country and sell for less than $2.00 each.Even then just for the fanatics like myself.. :p
GB

I saw one of these not so long ago. They looked prety cool, but I think they are overpriced for what they are. I think I will just stay with cooling bottles down and decanting into a jug.

Here is a web site selling then.

http://sedexbrewing.com/purchase.html

Cheers

Anyone want to comment on the clear bottles displayed on the website as well ?

Doc

...because it's such a terrible nuisance having to pour your homebrew before you drink it. You risk smelling that god-awful "aroma" that beer is notorious for.

@ $4 + each it sure does make kegging look cheap.... <_<

Brodies were discussed about 3 weeks ago in another thread. My basic opinion was blody over priced for the amount youd need to use. as said they would make kegging look cheap and you still have to bottle. useless stuff aimed at people who dont know better.

No, but Prince will be...and about time.

A Prince you say? Bloody good thing that he is an ex Bronco.
Wally is the KING & Alfie is his CHIEF WARLORD & don't you forget it.
let us hope that life without Lockyer has it's rewards for us humble peasants up here,far removed from the centre of the Rugby League Universe?

IT'S HARD TO BE HUMBLE WHEN YOU'RE A (BORN & BRED) QUEENSLANDER

Sorry to be so
icon_offtopic.gif
but we seem to be a minority up here in our own State. Outnumbered three to one overall (State for State) with hundreds of thousands of Fifth Columnists in our midst. :icon_vomit: We have been invaded. :(
SOO time is not a good time for us natives ATM. But we WILL PREVAIL.;
TP :beer:

:lol: Pete

Maybe the Brodie is the answer for Coopers to finally get that Pale Ale right :p

Overheard in a pub in Ingham, QLD. after a yocal was served one to try: "Look at this $hit mate, it's bloody cloudy!" :eek:

...because it's such a terrible nuisance having to pour your homebrew before you drink it. You risk smelling that god-awful "aroma" that beer is notorious for.
But it is so "Tres Chic" to be a beer wanker and flaunt the commercial bottles you are re-using isn't it?

On the other hand if they made one for tirage caps on Champers bottles it could be an interesting thing to use for some DueS experiments

Bloody hell you lot can be harsh..Off ya pedastools for a second.

A guy comes up with an invention.....for homebrewing no less on a homebrewing site and gets cained for it.

"Nah its shit, kegging, +1, +2, price is outragoues, why clear bottles on your pic, oh a bit of yeast wont hurt, you need too many of em, yadda yadda yadda". Even if you didnt think you wernt harsh you prob were indirectly....

I keg so it dosnt even affect me but it seems to me the only way a new person can get a break round here is if they come to the table with some new whizz bang idea that all the "real" brewers love that everyone can bulk buy in on and get it for 99 cents..

Everyone on here keeps saying the best way to get a non homebrew drinker to drink homebrew is to make a really clear beer. People Rack, Add gelatin / finnings, they keg, they Lager / Cold Condition and go to all sorts of extremes to get clear beer.....or am i dreaming all this?

Sure maybe the pricing needs to be discussed, but how about being helpfull so the guy can get a break and start producing them cheaper. I say biggups to him.

Aplogies for my grumps but i had a few last night.

$5 a bottle? As people have said, brilliant idea but not a lot of practicality. I'll stick with 5 to 7 days in secondary for my clear-drinking out-of-the-stubbie beers. And hey, the very thin deposit from carbonation is actually good...I like the taste it gives!

Cheers - boingk

Back