The Local Taphouse, Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No public holiday for Anzac day this year -falls on a Saturday.

Saw a sign the other day that you can book out one of the rooms for a private party.

It falls on a Saturday, it's a public holiday hence Monday should be off.

I get the concept, but more looking at the implications. We'll be celebrating ANZAC Day on the 25th, so why should we not be rocking up to work on the 27th? Going to watch an invisible march? The whole convention of granting additional days when holidays fall on the weekend is weird to me.

Something to do with annual days off or something to answer your question broadly.

Aaaanyway, I'm hoping to get there on ANZAC day. That beer line-up looks superb!

I will be there on ANZAC for sure. I will try to get early for dibs on some Emmerson Pilsner before the keg blows... I have never tried it.

We Gov't employees are receiving penalties if we're at work on Monday. I'm on RDO so will get a full days pay instead :beer:

And I'm off on the Saturday. Probably be in the Rocks with some old buddies though.

Hi,

Had the Wig and Pen Venom Double IPA at the taphouse and was wondering if anyone know whether you can get hold of this in bottles? I am assuming it is a seasonal brew.

Also anyone know what hops are used in this beer?

Thanks

Hi,

Had the Wig and Pen Venom Double IPA at the taphouse and was wondering if anyone know whether you can get hold of this in bottles? I am assuming it is a seasonal brew.

Also anyone know what hops are used in this beer?

Thanks

....A...not bottled at this time...

....B...From memory, Richard's first one last year used Galaxy...could be wrong...memory may well be rooted...

Scott
SCB

Yeah been interested in this thread as myself and a group of friends are headed there this coming Friday arvo.

Seems they do have food at least, and the range of beers is very impressive.

Any other comments at this stage from those that have been there?

Cheerz Wabster

I wound up going to the game on Saturday. Stopped in at the taphouse for a couple before walking to the SFS. Had the Pink Elephant Golden Tusk ESB and the Matilda Bay barking Flamingo Framboise. Enjoyed both. My only minor complaint was I couldn't find a seat.

Yeah there is a second bar up there and loads more seating.
Was a few fellow AHb's there too.

Yeah been interested in this thread as myself and a group of friends are headed there this coming Friday arvo.

Seems they do have food at least, and the range of beers is very impressive.

Any other comments at this stage from those that have been there?

Cheerz Wabster

Range of beer is excellent!!
The food menu looks great as well!

Prices seems quite reasonable considering the value.
Nice atmosphere... was very busy on ANZAC day and had trouble get seats even upstairs.

Lots of little rooms upstairs as well as the main areas.

A must go!

Myself, girlfriend and Andrew all made it to the bar and got a handle of Emerson's Pils before it blew, which was great, and was my main aim of the day.

Great to see Mr & Mrs Eyres (sp?) and Jason there. Was a very fun night and we pummeled our livers accordingly.

The double edged sword about this place is that it's become really popular over the past few weeks.

i went before and after the footy..

packed, packed and packed but awesome beer and atmosphere..

Had the Wig and Pen IIPA.. Fan-BLOODY-tastic.. Too easy to drink.

And had the Grand Cru on tap.... :icon_drool2: :beerbang:

Back