The Local Taphouse, Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Aparrently it's opening day today.
Anyone going this arvo after work?
I hope to get up there for a couple of beers.

Will it be open Saturday?
I'm in the City Saturday night (Belgian Beer Caf), and I might see if I can drag my entourage over that way.

Will it be open Saturday?
I'm in the City Saturday night (Belgian Beer Caf), and I might see if I can drag my entourage over that way.
"No more credit"
Is the only good reason to leave the BBC.
Unless its happy hour on the Franzi's down at Lowebrau.

I rang them about 30minutes ago.
They still aren't open.
They are HOPING to open about 6pm tonight.

Beers,
Doc

If anyone goes, report back on the food options, please :)

I know you changed your mind Petesbrew.
How was/is it ?

Doc

Quick question...exactly where is it!?

I've heard Flinders Street somewhere, but i'm not sure!

122 Flinders st (cnr sth Dowling). The old Palace hotel, near Moore park. From central, walk up Albion, cross road & turn right. Any 37x bus will also go past it. Will try to visit tmw after work.

http://bit.ly/Pcx3y

Love the street view from that link. Very helpful. :lol:

yeah, put the streetview man onto the dowling st & then click the arrow into the intersection, then click the arrow into flinders ... street then tunnel ! google maps needs a depth slider :)

Petesbrew was at there at 6pm. He was told to come back in 60-90 minutes. I met Petesbrew at a pub nearby. Somehow I sank 6 balls on the pooltable (I'm no pool shark) and we still lost. Pete?????????

Beer selection at the new place was good. Fat Yak and the barley wine stood out.

Petesbrew was at there at 6pm. He was told to come back in 60-90 minutes. I met Petesbrew at a pub nearby. Somehow I sank 6 balls on the pooltable (I'm no pool shark) and we still lost. Pete?????????

Beer selection at the new place was good. Fat Yak and the barley wine stood out.

Yeah, Glenn twisted my arm all to easily to go. Met Glenn at the Excelsior for a Barons Lager (not bad at all), and a quick taste of an average Lovells Lager.
Went back up to the Taphouse to be told come back in another hour.
Ended back at the Cricketers Arms, where, as Glenn stated, he sunk balls like a champ. I can't play for sh!t so yeah, we lost.
Headed back up to the pub (more arm twisting, but by that stage I was already in trouble with SWMBO), and it was open!

Great selection of beers. A book with a table of contents, showing BJCP styles, and what they have to offer of that style!
Didn't get to look at the bar menu. I'm sure it's online.
Had the 5 Islands Spangled Wheat (I think that's the one?), but sadly had to drive home (and was out of cash & time).

Nice little pub indeed. It must be noted that one of the barmaids had the most impressive pair of ripped jeans I've ever seen.
An old bloke next to us was annoyed there was no VB, and kept asking for something that tasted like VB. He seemed happy in the end with a German Lager... can't remember which.

I'll be keen to try it again.

I work about 10 minutes away so may pop in at lunch time to have a look and a quick taste.

Graeme

I work about 10 minutes away so may pop in at lunch time to have a look and a quick taste.

Graeme
Check the opening times. I have a feeling its only open from 4pm on weekdays.

Check the opening times. I have a feeling its only open from 4pm on weekdays.

Thanks for the heads up. I have to go that way at luch time anyway so no harm done if it is not open.

Graeme

Yeah, Glenn twisted my arm all to easily to go. Met Glenn at the Excelsior for a Barons Lager (not bad at all), and a quick taste of an average Lovells Lager.
Went back up to the Taphouse to be told come back in another hour.
Ended back at the Cricketers Arms, where, as Glenn stated, he sunk balls like a champ. I can't play for sh!t so yeah, we lost.
Headed back up to the pub (more arm twisting, but by that stage I was already in trouble with SWMBO), and it was open!

Great selection of beers. A book with a table of contents, showing BJCP styles, and what they have to offer of that style!
Didn't get to look at the bar menu. I'm sure it's online.
Had the 5 Islands Spangled Wheat (I think that's the one?), but sadly had to drive home (and was out of cash & time).

Nice little pub indeed. It must be noted that one of the barmaids had the most impressive pair of ripped jeans I've ever seen.
An old bloke next to us was annoyed there was no VB, and kept asking for something that tasted like VB. He seemed happy in the end with a German Lager... can't remember which.

I'll be keen to try it again.
Looks like this could be my new starter pub before the cricket/footy. It's a thirsty walk from Central.

Back