The Goldclub Christmas Bash!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricache

Brewer/Gamer/Nerd
Reaction score
Remember guys our Christmas bash (or Beer Spectacular as I see it) is on tonight at the Club HQ (Burleigh Brewing Co.)

Bring along a couple of your Christmas beers and we will be "judging" them, within reason of course :D

As usual bring along some extra beers so we can share amongst ourselves and even throw some in the raffle box for the lucky winner at the end of the night.

See you all there! :icon_cheers:

Woohoo!

Sounds awesome!

Also, just finished speaking to the guys at Burleigh Brewing, and Brennan (head brewer) said that seeing as he can't make it tonight, and as long as we all agreed to it, we could label up an entry and he would personally make some notes for us to get at our January meeting!

Frigging shazaaam! Gotta love our HQ huh!

See ya tonight Adam!

(I will be the guy that smells like 2kg of munich malt ;)

Wish I could make it guys - doesn't look like I will sadly. If not, enjoy the night, and I'll definitely try to make it down early next year!

Cheers

My dad-duties finish at 5:45 then I'm on my bike so I can wobble home ungracefully - probably be there around 6:15 as it's 5km, I'm no Lance Armstrong and will be carrying enough prune beer to clean out an entire dementia ward of adult diapers.

My dad-duties finish at 5:45 then I'm on my bike so I can wobble home ungracefully - probably be there around 6:15 as it's 5km, I'm no Lance Armstrong and will be carrying enough prune beer to clean out an entire dementia ward of adult diapers.

I am curious, scared and excited all at the some time...can't wait!

Looking forward to meeting the GoldCLUBers! I'll be leaving at 5, so hopefully be there shortly after 6.

Cheers,
tallie

Geez, you don't give us Brisbanites much notice to organise a trip down.

Is there a 'newsletter' I can subscribe too or something for future events? After speaking to Kegs the other day I'm keen to make it to one of your meetings one day.

Join on Facebook Florian - it's been planned for a month!

Haven't used that thing for three years. Might have to reactivate my account.

Sounds like a plan ;)

Geez, you don't give us Brisbanites much notice to organise a trip down.

Is there a 'newsletter' I can subscribe too or something for future events? After speaking to Kegs the other day I'm keen to make it to one of your meetings one day.

Yep sorry a lot of it is Facebook organised.

In the future I will make sure to post plenty of notice on AHB at the same time

Yep sorry a lot of it is Facebook organised.

In the future I will make sure to post plenty of notice on AHB at the same time

The other easy way to remember is it's the 2nd Friday of the month. None of this Friday morning hangover nonsense you BABBs guys put yourselves through. :beer:

Just take the Friday off and call it a three day weekend...

Anyway, will get onto this facebook thingy if I remember how it works.

Thanks for the night guys; great club house you've got! There were some very good beers going around too!

Cheers,
tallie

As always an awesome night! I had some dream about hard boiled eggs and prune juice, I cant remember the context though. Bit like "the chicken and the egg" story.

As the year closes to an end, and the silly season upon us.

Take care GoldCLUB members. Looking foward to seeing everyone in 2013.

:icon_chickcheers:

Lots of delicious beers!

Being surrounded by tonnes and tonnes of grain and beer is inspiring.

A belated congrats to Matt (Squirt in the Turns) for winning our prestigious Chrissie Beer award!
As judged by BJCP judge and head brewer at burleigh brewing Brennan Fielding.
Huzzahhs all round!!

Back