The Festival Of Bonj

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonj

Premier Ipswich Mash Proponent (PIMP)
Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll,

I am turning 30 at the beginning of June, so to celebrate the occasion, I'd like to invite those of you (and your SO's if so inclined) who will be around at the time to join me for a few (dozen) beers. :party: Saturday, June 9th is the day/night in question.

With the help of a couple of locals (browndog, mobrien), I'm hoping to have at least my first AG on tap by then, so you can all marvel at my complete lack of brewing prowess. :lol:

Anyone who is not thinking of driving from interstate should HTFU!

There is plenty of space to throw out a swag, and if someone bribes me with enough beer, I might even sort out a spare bed.

InCider, if you start walking now, you might be here on time :ph34r:

Ever the eternal optimist, I'll start the list myself ;)

Howdy Ya'll,

I am turning 30 at the beginning of June, so to celebrate the occasion, I'd like to invite those of you (and your SO's if so inclined) who will be around at the time to join me for a few (dozen) beers. Saturday, June 9th is the day/night in question.

With the help of a couple of locals (browndog, mobrien), I'm hoping to have at least my first AG on tap by then, so you can all marvel at my complete lack of brewing prowess.

There is plenty of space to throw out a swag, and if someone bribes me with enough beer, I might even sort out a spare bed.

InCider, if you start walking now, you might be here on time

Bonj,

I will see what I can come up with as a bribe for the spare bed if I can make it. Are you near a railway station?? :p

:beer:

Sounds great Ben and I don't have to drive 100km to get there. Better work out what you want to brew and put an order in with Ross.

cheers

Browndog

Bonj,

I will see what I can come up with as a bribe for the spare bed if I can make it. Are you near a railway station?? Southside or Northside?? :p

Westside! I'm about 10 minutes from Browndog's. Closest train station is Booval - about a 10 minute drive.
I'm sure I can organise a pickup for you if you'd like.

Sounds great Ben and I don't have to drive 100km to get there. Better work out what you want to brew and put an order in with Ross.

Awesome. :beerbang:

Decisions... what's a good recipe for a first AG? I was thinking a simple ale with some American hops and US-56.

Once its cleared with the better half Ill be there :beer:

Bonj
TidalPete (Hopefully)
Browndog

Too early to commit - But all going well, I'll be there & fighting Pete for the bed...lol.

cheers ross

Too early to commit - But all going well, I'll be there & fighting Pete for the bed...lol.

cheers ross

Too late she cried! :p I have got the ok from Mrs Sharkbait. :beerbang:
Hope you are going Rossco as I will have to collect my next order about that time. :beerbang:

Awesome. :beerbang:

Decisions... what's a good recipe for a first AG? I was thinking a simple ale with some American hops and US-56.

Mate,
A good first AG is a dark beer (Preferably a Stout or a Porter) as there is less chance of minor stuff-ups showing through. :p That's what I did.

Too late she cried! I have got the ok from Mrs Sharkbait. :beerbang:

No need to worry... it's a double bed :unsure: :lol:

Who wants to help me install an industrial extractor fan? :ph34r:

Festival of Bonj attendees

bonj
TidalPete
Browndog
Jye (Pending approval)
Ross (maybe)

Howdy Ya'll,

InCider, if you start walking now, you might be here on time :ph34r:

I will need a time machine Bonj! If Pete walks in front of me, i'll run there in 20 mins if there's a tailwind!

PS. Can we bring women? I'd like Zizzle to come. :ph34r:

Grrrrrr...... :angry:

Always when i have something on....

In this case i promised Mrs Sqyre she could go to the Drag Racing Nationals that night.

So i have to stay home and look after the kids...

And its my Birthday too.... :( ......really...it is....

"its not my party but i'll cry if i want to."

Bugger....

oh well...

Sqyre... :(

*Sulking like a school girl with a skinned knee.*

Aren't the nationals held at Willowbank? Not that far from here.

*OH...NO!!!..Dead Broad OFF the Table!!!!*

I cant accomodate on the saturday...looking after the kiddies is a hands on situation.

I was contemplating a get-together on the sunday (monday being a holiday anyway)

But my slightly unwitting neighbor happened to leave his excavator down the back yard (with the keys in it.)

and after quite a few "Hells Advocate Pilzener's" i attempted a little bit of Landscaping..

well...*Nasty bit of buisness that....I had to beat him to death with his own shoes...*

Anyway see for yourself...

deck_demo_small.jpg

So not much room for a mega-piss up...

But should be up and ready if i put my hand up to host the Xmas Case Swap again.

We could do a Post-Bonj brewday??? but i dont think too many would be up for it... :huh:

oh well.. :D

Sqyre... :rolleyes:

I can't really plan that far in advance but after InCiders invite, how can I resist, pencil me in.

So Bonj, how will your non beer-freak friends react when a bunch of us piss heads show up?

Latest posts

Back