Adelaide Forum Get Together

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have I mentioned how annoyed I am that I can't get to any of the long weekend get togethers.

For all of you who do survive the weekend, however, don't forget Big D is also holding court in the Belgium Beer Cafe, in the East End of the city from 4.30pm on Wednesday 16th June.

Sorry Wee Stu...cant make the belgian cafe do...

Jayse,

I'm now not going to be in town for the weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Sorry mate, hope you have a good one.

Looking forward to see you all on the day, sorry you can't make it boots.

GMK the only intinery for the day is a list of beers to try really.
I'll wake up maybe a little worse for wear from the grumpy show the nite before and get the mash underway around 11-12am.
The brew will be down by about 4pm.
The BBQ lunch is deffintly not formal at all so will just crank it up whenever where ready. Also we will be having another BBQ later on in the day as a few people are gunna tie one on after the brew is finished etc.
So basically the day will go from around 11 and lunch around 1-2pm then another BBQ for tea around 5-6pm then for anyone who is sill up for it we will make the most of the day and keep going into the evening.
I have just asked people to bring whatever they like ie some meat and whatever but no need to go to too much effort. If you can make up some nibbles or a salad or whatever cool but if not no big deal.
I'll have all my toys in action such as the herms system and hop back also i'll bring out the counter pressure bottle filler and show you how that works.

Also GMK i left a nonic at your house last time and the time before i left my fullers bottles could you bring them back for me?

Seeya you all then.
Cheers Jayse

i've gotta stop looking at this thread.
i'm getting jealous. :(

have a good day guys
crackers

OK

Jayse will look for the fullers bottle - what was/is the nonic.

GMK the nonic is the king of all ale glasses.
Its properly better known simply as a imperial pint glass here in oz.
here's a pic.

Cheers Jayse
PS have you got some of the anzac day brew ready for tasting? :chug:

467.jpg

the 666 is in the cccube.
i will put some in a 1.25ltr pet tonight and gas it up....

i dont remember the nonic though...

A week later, thats the time it took to recover after all the Adelaide brew adventures :chug: , here's some of what I do remember.

Starting the weekend Saturday morning after just 4.5 hours of sleep seemed like a challange. In the end though the Mash demo at Goliaths was a roaring success starting the day with of course meeting Bigd and having beers with dicko and JSB. The demonstration went well and I was happy with my presention to quite a large crowd. :)

Home to bed with brewery in tow and a good nite sleep. The next day I did a few hours of 'sampling' beer before hitting grumpies for the very good wyeast nite.
With four pro brewers from micro brewerys and brewers from all over the place in attendance it was a great turn out.
If we didn't learn much, which we did, we learn't, if we hadn't already,GMK can talk. :blink:

Then home to bed again for more much needed sleep and no idea what I was brewing the next day.
Morning comes and the idea of doing the famous SSOS recipe seems like a good idea. So I weigh up 8kg of marris otter and make some plan of attack.
Then the brewers start rolling in with Bigd and dicko first to arrive both as exited as I about getting together and drinking and talking beer.
Anyway the day was as most of you have heard a little bit of a swim through for some of us including myself. :chug:
Too many beers to mention and around 15 of us forum guys had a awesome day indeed.
In all we didn't drink the same beer twice with the range we had, but like a few I had quite large samples of each.
I won't do any name dropping as everyone can speak for themselves as is, most involved are on here at AHB.

So the next day is a well needed day off and then a belgian ale drink/chat with a few other AHB guys the next nite.
Going over hmmm I wasn't taking notes again sorry :chug:

Then to top it off if some of us hadn't had enough of each others ugly mugs we have another small gathering of some of the clan today to watch steveSA brew.

All in all I think a brew week to go down in the history books. :D
Here's to the Adelaide brewers. :chug: :chug: :chug:

Cheers Jayse

Yes Jayse, another good week on the "brew trail".

I would like to thank you for your hospitality and another enjoyable brew day at the "Skunk Fart Brewery" and I would also like to thank Goliaths and Grumpys for their functions as well.
The Irish Red Ale from April 1 was brilliant.
Great stuff Dave Stewart.
JM also made some tasting available for Big D and others but i unfortunately missed that event.

It was great to catch up with all the guys and to meet some new ones that I had missed last time - TDA, Darren, Big D, and others that I can't now recall their names, probably due to alcohol induced memory loss.

Mrs Dicko enjoyed the company of the other girls on Sunday at Grumpy's and that helped to relieve any tension that may have been present with me attending so many functions.

Thanks also to Chiller (Steve) for his assistance with Beersmith (still under assessment) and with info on washing liquid yeasts, this gives me one more thing to think about.

All in all a wicked week which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Cheers and thanks to all,

One thing is for sure , Adelaide guys , be it the homebrew shops or the brewers , you guys know how to make someone welcome

And you like drinking beer too !

:chug: :chug: :chug:

Gday All

I have to agree with others it has been an excellent week here in Adelaide for all the adelaide brewers.. unfortunately i missed out on the goliaths day but the rest i mananged to attend to..

i thought it was great night up at grumpys for the wyeast night and then on to jayses the next for top session on tasting everyones beer but unfortunately i cant remember to much from that day except that i had to be last to leave.. some top brew was shed around that day....which makes me want to get into all grain the more...

Then on Wednesday night at belgium beer cafe my pockets were empty becuase of the price of eer in this place but i dont mind paying top dollar for some good drinking beer...

then sunday spending another day watching Stevesa brew his all grain beer at chillers

Anyway it was great meeting up with all the guys again and great to meet you as well Big D...

These days are great in my opionion as every event I have managed to walk out with some more knowledge that i have taken in my small memory bank and if it was for these events i most likey would be wanting to stay just an everyday extract brewer but its really encouraging me to take my brewing to the next steps in my brewing..

So a special thanks goes out to all the brewers that have allowed me at their premises so far to watch and learn...as i have found its just not about the end product but there is alot to be said about the makings of good beer

looking forward to the next brew day

cheers and beers
ozdevil

sounds like you all had a great time. Hopefully i can make it next time. I did see your set up at Goliath's though Jayse. It made mine look so safe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

morning brewers,
Just pulling up this old thread to say sometime in november it looks like randall will be coming out again and will be having another swim through here at the skunk fart brewery.
I don't forsee brewing that day as the last time the brew was the last thing on my mind. Might maybe roast up some pork and maybe even ferment some cabbage in advance or something along those lines.
Anyway just a quick note to give some advanced notice of a brew day in planning for bigd's next visit.

Love to see everyone here, like i said i may cook up a feed that day rather than brew and have a bit of brew fun and games.

Iam gonna crawl
Jayse

Good idea Jayse and will be there depending on the date. If the date is right(ie not too early) it might also be a good opportunity to do the SA xmas case swap at the same time. Don't want to hijack the existing xmas case arrangements, nor Jayse's get together idea, but what do people reckon??

the only problem i can forsee is that im not in adelaide for along time.arriving on a wednesday flying out monday.w/end will have to be spent with my parents and sister (havent seen them in over 2 years) so that really only leaves thursday or friday .i will no more closer to november.

cheers
big d

That really does put a bit of a dampner on things, if everyones wallets have recovered from last time we could hit the city on the friday nite for a meal and beer. Just tossing around possibillities. Maybe grumpingtons even.
The other possibility is your not a real brewer if you let your family get in the way of a brewday ;)

Cheers
Jayse

Bigd will have to answer that one, all i know is november. Enough time to brew up a special batch or two for the occasion.

Jayse

I am going to brew on Monday and the GF has to go to work.

If anyone feels like dropping by and having a couple of ales PM me and I can give you the details.

Back