The cigar thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411136406.749217.jpg

A few of the recent ones.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411138559.556636.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411138581.239007.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411138610.871814.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411138637.571967.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411138668.021954.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411138722.855216.jpg

Yeah... I've been busy haha. The pick of the bunch was definitely the Liga Privada T52. Would recommend that to anyone without hesitation.

Those undercrowns are good!

I've only had one recently and I was far too intoxicated to enjoy it properly.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415958901.144371.jpg

Montecristo Edmundo.

I have no idea what it was like. I didn't finish it, but I also woke up on the couch with a beer in hand, so that's not a fair indication.

Had a Monte Grand Edmundo last week with an APA or two.

12014-10-31 19.41.10.jpg

I'm only new to cigars but definitely enjoying the experience.

Oh, nice!

If you like the Undercrown you should check out the Liga Privada T52. They're both made by Drew Estate, but that T52 has blown everything I've had so far out of the water. I'm still a noob as well, but thy is looking like my first box purchase.

And cigarplace have 25% off all Drew Estate sticks at the moment. I think the code word is DREW.

I just got my first order from them last week and luckily enough I did get hold of a T52 and No. 9 to try.

12014-11-10 13.41.41.jpg

25% off is pretty damn good, I'll have to give the T52 a run very soon to see if I have to order more!

Nice! Get on to it soon, I don't know much, but I know you'll like it if you liked the Undercrown.

The #9 was also good, but again, no where near the T52. I've heard glowing reports about them, so maybe I need to try it again.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415963059.060970.jpg

They have an awesome smoke out put, that's for sure!

Sweet. The T52 is up next for incineration.

I just checked on cigarplace and looks like the Undercrown and MUWAT are the only ones for which the coupon applies.

No need for apologies, always happy to hear about a (possible) discount on offer.

G'day gents,
I'm in Costa Rica at the moment, sadly nearing the end of my holiday. I'm thinking about buying this box of 25 Cohiba's for US$115. Its a good price right?

Im a bit worried customs will find it and want me to pay ridiculous Aussie taxes.. But Ive managed to bring in a similar amount before.

image.jpg

Too good mate. Those glass topped boxes are notorious for being fakes. All sorts of nasty stuff in them like hair and plastic. I'd steer clear.

MitchDudarko said:
Too good mate. Those glass topped boxes are notorious for being fakes. All sorts of nasty stuff in them like hair and plastic. I'd steer clear.
Yeah I figured that might be the case, but I bought an individual one and smoked it and it was delicious! So smooth. But without having a genuine one to compare it's difficult to say how "bad" it was.

In Cuba fakes were peddled everywhere on the street. Apparently the factory workers make them out of floor scrapings for a bit of on the side income. But again I thought they still tasted great.

Anyhow I'll give these a miss and look for a genuine retailer in San Jose.

Cheers!

Bit OT I went to a microbrewery on their brew day here in Puerto Viejo today, they brew only 40L batches and have a kegerator at their bar. Was chatting to the owner, he told me theres about a dozen craft breweries in this country, but only a few (incl his) are actually legal / licensed. Seems nobody cares if you brew beer and sell it here! I mean hell theres dudes who sit on the beach with eskys selling cold megaswill beers. His American and Canadian staff are just here on 90 day tourist visas, they slip over the border into Panama to renew and come back, and its paradise!! If you ever want to drop out and escape your life this is the place to go!

What's the best place to buy some Cuban montecristo # 4?? Had one at a mates bucks show a couple of years ago and loved it.

If you want to buy in Australia then Cigarhut.com.au has decent prices.

If you're not in a hurry for them then there are plenty of overseas retailers that will ship to Australia and will generally be cheaper than Australian retail even after you pay the customs duty. CigarsofHabanos.com is well priced and reliable.

Latest posts

Back