The Brew Stand Configuration Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Number of Tiers

• 1 tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 tier

• 3 tier

• Adjustable tiers

• Other configuration

• I don't have a brew stand

• Total voters
Wont be upgrading till after the BABBs Championships mate, I was going to canabalise it for parts, but I'm leaning towards building an entire new brewery now, as for the old girl, we will have to see how the new one performs.

cheers

Browndog

1st dibs on pending sale BD!

Your right you really should get rid of that rickety old rig and replace with a new shinier one! Probably sooner rather than later. :p

Here are a few pics of mine

Mash Tun pick up

bottomofmashtom.jpg

False Bottom

mashton.jpg

Kettle is set up with 2 seperate lines. The left yellow taps are in for pre boil wort and out for cleaning and the blue tap is graviry feed out to fermenter

newplumbing.jpg

In base of kettle.

newpipesinkettle.jpg

Control Panel

entirePanel.jpg

Plumbing at the HLT/MT end and control panel front.

panelandpipeworkunderHLTandMT.jpg

Looking down on HLT and solenoids that control HERMS function.

HLTandHERMSSolenoidsandmashreturnte.jpg

The whole deal. THis pic still has the origional Kettle in/out plumbing that mixed pre/post boil liquid.

the_complete_rig_edit_Large.jpg

cheers

Hi Brewers, I finally got around to building my stand over the weekend, with alot of help from my wife and alot of trips to bunnings.IMG_0231.JPG

Hi Brewers, I finally got around to building my stand over the weekend, with alot of help from my wife and alot of trips to bunnings.View attachment 44098

Not really sure i like the placement of those castors. Any reason they're not further out? Looks a bit unstable.

And I would have thought that the mash tun would be above the kettle so you could drain into it.

Other than that it looks good :beer:

Not really sure i like the placement of those castors. Any reason they're not further out? Looks a bit unstable.

And I would have thought that the mash tun would be above the kettle so you could drain into it.

Other than that it looks good :beer:

I have got 8 castors underneath, I have a separate stand for my Rambo burner

Ah, ok. The thought of hot sticky wort spilling on someone is not too pleasant.

So I'm guessing that means that the urn is your HLT, eksy is MLT & you have a separate kettle for the burner?

Makes sense now.

Ah, ok. The thought of hot sticky wort spilling on someone is not too pleasant.

So I'm guessing that means that the urn is your HLT, eksy is MLT & you have a separate kettle for the burner?

Makes sense now.

You got it

Lookin good Jason! Got a pic of the kettle and burner in place?

Cheers Brad

Back