The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll see if I can finish a newer wiring diagram tomorrow night. One of my two electrical gurus is already working on wiring his unit 'best practice' and I'm hoping to post a video of us talking about what he's done and why by the end of the week. There will be a second one not long after from a qualified sparkie, also showing how he would do his.

Neither are guides for you to follow, but will be demonstrations of what others have done with some explanation. A good starting point for discussion with your qualified electrician. Of course we offer NO guarantees of accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

SBOB said:
Wow... I hope you got a bulk shipping discount ;)

Express post so I expect to see the first completed build posts by the weekend :)

Any update on when you'll be posting the final build video?

Astonishing, lael! What a journey! Weirdly I think I've learned enough from the waiting to be able to take my time and build the kit right. Thank you for your unending determination and the help for us you're working on.

Big thanks to all the folks who helped lael with the packing. We all owe you one. And lael about a dozen.

Oh, a quick note. We checked very single board before we sent it out. All of the ones we sent work. Most of the arduino boards come with an older version of the Ardbir control software. I'll post a video later this week showing how to update it to the newest version.

Please Note!
All of the screw in terminals are positive on the left(+ or red) and negative (- or black) on the right(when looking at the back of the board with the writing on it).

Data cable is white for data for the temp probe. If you mess up the temp probe - you will kill it. Don't do that!

If you swap the 12v in to the board( the +ve into the -ve port) you will kill the Brauduino shield. Don't do that!

lael said:
Oh, a quick note. We checked very single board before we sent it out. All of the ones we sent work. Most of the arduino boards come with an older version of the Ardbir control software. I'll post a video later this week showing how to update it to the newest version.

Please Note!
All of the screw in terminals are positive on the left(+ or red) and negative (- or black) on the right(when looking at the back of the board with the writing on it).

Data cable is white for data for the temp probe. If you mess up the temp probe - you will kill it. Don't do that!

If you swap the 12v in to the board( the +ve into the -ve port) you will kill the Brauduino shield. Don't do that!
Thanks Lael,

This sounds a little scary (don't want to f**k it up after all this time), I look forward to the wiring diagram / updated video to make sure everything runs smoothly.

:D

Christmas Bitches!

2015-11-03 10_55_42-Online Photo Editor _ Pixlr Editor _ Autodesk Pixlr.png

Thanks Lael for your sensational effort in organsing this mammoth feat

I seem to be missing an extra probe but I will send you a PM

thanks again for your work mate (plus any helper slaves you may have utilised)

G

Hi Guys

My early Xmas present arrived this morning :D - Haven't had time to examine it in detail yet but looks great - (the box is larger than I expected)

Thanks heaps again Lael - a lot of people are mightily beholden to you :beer:

Thanks to the rain I get an early day from work. It is a very happy time in my shed at the moment. Thanks to lael and everyone else who was involved. This is a great bit of gear. Now I dunno which system to use it on. I'll need to get a half inch thermo to use it on my herms tho. Then I can swap it between systems. [emoji1][emoji106][emoji481]

Super keen to hear how people go with their controller builds, how long it takes, any issues, etc :D

I am so jealous of all you bitches at the moment. Guess that's what I get for being in the greatest rugby country in the WORLD

I think someone at auspost thought mine was good for standing on

Edit: BTW the rest of the pack looks AMAZING!!!

1446527623978.jpg

My kit arrived today and the build is going sweet!

Just one problem, I ended up with 3 grey power connectors and 2 blues instead of 2 greys and 3 blues.

IMG_4584.JPG

Did anyone end up with 1 grey and 4 blues and want to trade a blue for a grey?

Michael Burton said:
My kit arrived today and the build is going sweet!

Just one problem, I ended up with 3 grey power connectors and 2 blues instead of 2 greys and 3 blues.

attachicon.gif
IMG_4584.JPG

Did anyone end up with 1 grey and 4 blues and want to trade a blue for a grey?
hmm, that is what my kit has as well. Is that not right?

I have 3 grey and 2 blues.

Ok so for those wondering usb cables and extra probes went into the post bag. I remember a few lucky souls ended with a bonus probe As there is a probe inside the packaged kit. Enjoy and let the building begin.

Latest posts

Back