The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bummed I didn't win my ticket, it was my only hope! :lol:

LOL, you and me both mate! Next year, next year. Let's start the lobbying for the Brisbane event! Melbourne can't have all the fun!

And you were a fark-load closer at winning than I was. Enjoy your 'consolation' prize kegerator you ******* :p

Nah, tops beer that Schwarz, bloody nice!

:)

on the bus as well :party: ... starting to get excited :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

Yeah me too, all paid up and raring to go. I'm going down to Melbourne on the Tuesday, though I might overnight at Beechworth or Glenrowan to catch up on some wineries. On Thursday, I plan to go to the Nationals and then head off to the Bus Tour and am really looking forward to the whole shebang! Cheerz Wabster

Yeah me too, all paid up and raring to go. I'm going down to Melbourne on the Tuesday, though I might overnight at Beechworth or Glenrowan to catch up on some wineries. On Thursday, I plan to go to the Nationals and then head off to the Bus Tour and am really looking forward to the whole shebang! Cheerz Wabster
Wineries???

Go the breweries if you're in that area - Bridge Road, Bright etc...

Cheers, Andrew.

Wineries???

Go the breweries if you're in that area - Bridge Road, Bright etc...

Cheers, Andrew.

Thanks for the tip, but "been there done that" :) I've made comments about the Beechworth Brewery in other forums, and Bright was closed when we visited, despite their sign indicating they should have been open <_<

I usually take a leisurely drive down the Hume, but hear there are extensive roadworks and delays north of Albury so might get past that and find a place to overnight. I love the pubs in Beechworth, not a poker machine in the town. The brewery pub is pleasant place as is the Nichols which serves the Beechworth Aussie ale, and the restaurant at the Hibernian is excellent.

Also Glenrowan appealed as a stop over to ferret out other wineries apart from Baileys. Cheerz Wab

Cheerz Wabster

Thanks for the tip, but "been there done that" :) I've made comments about the Beechworth Brewery in other forums, and Bright was closed when we visited, despite their sign indicating they should have been open <_<

I usually take a leisurely drive down the Hume, but hear there are extensive roadworks and delays north of Albury so might get past that and find a place to overnight. I love the pubs in Beechworth, not a poker machine in the town. The brewery pub is pleasant place as is the Nichols which serves the Beechworth Aussie ale, and the restaurant at the Hibernian is excellent.

Also Glenrowan appealed as a stop over to ferret out other wineries apart from Baileys. Cheerz Wab

Cheerz Wabster
Wabster,

I can't say I've tried the Bridge Road or Bright Brewery beers myself because of my condition, I'd like to but...

I spent about 6 months of last year camped out out in Rutherglen running our brewery from the time we bought it until moving it to Ballarat (was the old Bintara brewery). The winery I can most highly recommend is Bullers (a couple of km's west of Rutherglen), their reds are absolutely fantastic, particularly the wines made from low yield un-irrigated 100+ yr old vines. Good selection of fortifieds and about the only place in Oz that Durif thrives as a variety.

Used to eat at the Poachers Paradise Hotel 3 nights a week, good food and accomodation and wine selection - not much to choose in beer though but IGA over the road has a reasonable range of micro/imported beers for after dinner.

Cheers, Andrew.

So have we settled on an Official/unofficial conference pub??

Basically, if I drag my sorry arse into town, which venue am I most likely to meet other ANHC pilgrims at??

Whats the starting point for that bus full of Queenslanders - just need to make sure to avoid it thats all... :p

Oh and for those coming into town a little early - the Goat is open Wednesday nights from 5:00pm as well as Fri nights - nice venue due to being over the road from the Royston ad only a short taxi/tram ride from the city.

TB

Flying in with Dom and Moculta Masher on the Thursday morning. ATM I / we are planning to head out to Mountain Goat at Richmond. After that may head up Lygon st in Carlton for a meal then of to Pugg Mahones in Carlton. Then after all that and if we are capable and still upright, head back to the CBD to settle in.

BYB

BYB - if you are going to Lygon st - avoid the main section of it and head up close to the intersection of Lygon and Elgin st, to 303 Lygon and Tiamo or Tiamo II

These places are my pick on Lygon st (been there a 100 times over the last 20 years) for really good, really well priced Italian - the rest of the street is full of touts trying to hassle you into an overpriced shithole with the offer of a free bottle of crappy plonk.

Thirsty

though I might overnight at Beechworth or Glenrowan to catch up on some wineries.

Nice idea Wabster, thats exactly what I was planning, I was at Beechworth last year for a visit and if you haven't been there before you will be suprised at the size of the brewhouse and where it is. Any other breweries on the way will also get a look in.

BYB - if you are going to Lygon st - avoid the main section of it and head up close to the intersection of Lygon and Elgin st, to 303 Lygon and Tiamo or Tiamo II

These places are my pick on Lygon st (been there a 100 times over the last 20 years) for really good, really well priced Italian - the rest of the street is full of touts trying to hassle you into an overpriced shithole with the offer of a free bottle of crappy plonk.

Thirsty

Have been up Lygon a few times and it is something like when I was in Singapore many years ago. You know that litttle bloke with the big jacket trying to sell someone a cheap Rolex <_<

May visit the Roystan across the road from The Goat. So much to do so little time to do it. Will talk with my travelling party to get a consensus.

BYB

Hey everyone,

Only 13 days to go, and counting!

Check out the website for some new information, including info on the menus for the dinners, the MC's for the dinners and abstracts for the day sessions.

Also worth checking out - the range of beers that will be available...

Tickets are still available for the sessions and for the Gala dinner, so get in quick for your seat at ANHC, and be one of the few who'll be able to say "I was there at the start..."

Hope to see you all there. Come up and say hi!

Andy

WOO! it all looks great!

Andy, just a question , what will we need cash for? is lunch dinner and beer included in the price? I couldnt find a specific mention of it anywere.

Getting excited! program looks great and what a selection of beers! and a fair few i have not tried!!

Tickets are still available for the sessions and for the Gala dinner

Is it set seating at the glala dinner.

I am looking to have 1 more person come along but I booked my own ticket ages ago, btu would like to be seated next to this person.

Is it set seating at the glala dinner.

I am looking to have 1 more person come along but I booked my own ticket ages ago, btu would like to be seated next to this person.

I'm going and I'm sure no one would like to sit next to me ! :) I'm sure Andy will find me a seat out the back out of harm's way !

I'll sit next to you, us blokes with no mates have to stick together :beer:

I'm thinking of you blokes, it's for my girl friends old man. That weekend I plan to ask him if it's ok to ask her that question.(the next day)

Back