Temp To Pitch Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob58

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Brewers
Happy Easter to All
Yesterday I put down a fresh wort kit Australian Pale Ale with a us05 ale yeast
tipped the wort kit in to sterised fermenter added 5lites cold water pitched yeast at 16degress this morning down to 14 degress
and appears that there is no fermentation happening should I raise the temp or just let it go to do its stuffCheers Bob

Best to let it warm up to 18 or so degrees for s05. Anything between 18-20 is just fine for this clean yeast

Yesterday I put down a fresh wort kit Australian Pale Ale with a us05 ale yeast
tipped the wort kit in to sterised fermenter added 5lites cold water pitched yeast at 16degress this morning down to 14 degress
and appears that there is no fermentation happening should I raise the temp or just let it go to do its stuff
http://www.fermentis.com/FO/60-Beer/60-11_...uct_rangeHB.asp
As per the information provided by the manufacturer, if you dry-pitched, they suggest the wort be at least 20DegC at the time, and they say the fermentation temperature range is 15-24C.
So if you've not noticed any activity, you're probably a little below those temps and it would not hurt to let it warm up a bit.

Also once you get it back up to 18, I would give it a stir up with a sanatised spoon.

QldKev

Back