Tasmanian Breweries, Pubs and Distilleries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fendercaster said:
On Bruny i was able to get a a bottle of Black Inca from 7 sheds. Amazing drop. Especially with oysters! Dark with cocoa, oats and quinoa.
That is an awesome beer.

Wish I'd gone to the brewery...

That trip down from Hobart through Birchs Bay and Middleton is stunning. I could have pulled up and stayed there forever. My favourite palce on earth is Queenstown, that area around Birchs Bay comes a close second.

good beer would only be a bonus at Cygnet. Also worth following the road around to Franklin and a visit to the Wooden Boat Centre.

AJS2154 said:
That trip down from Hobart through Birchs Bay and Middleton is stunning. I could have pulled up and stayed there forever. My favourite palce on earth is Queenstown, that area around Birchs Bay comes a close second.

good beer would only be a bonus at Cygnet. Also worth following the road around to Franklin and a visit to the Wooden Boat Centre.
so true. We travelled and i stop so many times to enjoy and take it all in as i was driving. I could move here in a heart beat. Magical

Hey Fendercaster....pleased you enjoyed it so much mate. It is good to be able to swap experiences with people who have been to the same place and enjoyed it too.

Perhaps a stint down there in July thriough to August might have us reassessing the ambience. I suspect it could get chilly and maybe a bit of a cool breeze occasionally.

See you, Anthony

I've only had one winter down here but historically it was a cold one.
1 degree and frosty but bright sun and beautiful clear days more often than not.

Er.. I mean.... yes it's awful. Stay on the mainland.

New Sydney Hotel is where its at. Sunday night. Live jazz band, amazing beers on tap and great food. Thank you for the suggestions and ill pass this on again. Come here!!!

Doesnt look like much but this is the pork share. I have physically gone blind.

1463303782940.jpg

New sydney is great bar the godawful murals in the beer garden.
If you like spicy food and can get to the winston, try the nuclear chicken wings.

By spicy I mean ring burningly hot so avoid if you're not a seasoned chilli eater (or go for a milder version which they have).

Their tacos are also great. Excellent draught and bottled beer range, decent offerings in the bottlo next door.

Come at me TAS! headed down 2nd june to 9th staying in Hobart (Molle Street)

Looks like no shortage of good venues/brewries thanks to this thread. :kooi:

think he means July.. :icon_offtopic: if anyone hasnt never been to tasmania and has a facebook account search for discover tasmania and have look thru the pictures

hahahaha yea July. funny how ive done that in two seperate places now ;) my brain always seems to run a month behind.

Cheers DU99!

See ya soon Mants :beerbang:

Recommend Hobart Brewery. Go to MONA for the experience, not the beer. Moobrew is well-made but uninspired. Many Hobart pubs have a good selection of microbrews, but up the east coast you struggle to find anything but Boag's and Cascade.

DU99 said:
think he means July.. :icon_offtopic: if anyone hasnt never been to tasmania and has a facebook account search for discover tasmania and have look thru the pictures
I'll be in Hobart from the 2nd till the 8th.
I'll check with the better half to confirm so if your keen to meet and have a jar or two ?

Latest posts

Back