Tasmanian Breweries, Pubs and Distilleries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yankinoz said:
Recommend Hobart Brewery. Go to MONA for the experience, not the beer. Moobrew is well-made but uninspired. Many Hobart pubs have a good selection of microbrews, but up the east coast you struggle to find anything but Boag's and Cascade.
Well made is the first most important aspect of any beer and unfortunately a lot of breweries, inspired or not don't do that well. Iron house is a great example (of badly made).

Moobrew (yes I have some affiliation in that I work for mona but have nothing to do with the brewer) make beer well which is the most important criteria for me.

Their seasonal stout is delicious. As much as I like difference and creativity, I'd take moo brew anything over moon dog anything, any day. When moon dog can make some good, uninspired base beer, I'll start drinking their beers again.

Disclaimer: moondog may have improved in the last couple of years but I visited their brewery and tasted their freshest beer as intended. Great diy ethos, admired the philosophy, every beer was like arse and bandaids. Get the simple shit right first, then expand.

I'll be back down also from the 2/7 -11/7 visiting family - you guys who are around give me a yell if you're around and keen for a beer!

Late notice but at Watermans in Salamanca now (Mon) until about 6, but around all week depending on what everyone's movements are.

Anyone who's keen for a beer send me a PM and I'll see if I can work anything out!

Futsal night for me tonight but hoping to catch up with Fents and maybe spog later in the week (wed/thurs).

I've got a quiz night with my cousin at The Duke Wed but could do later, possibly out for dinner thurs. But I'm keen either way! Let me know

I'm on an early flight next Tues (12th)

Latest posts

Back