Sydney Bulk Grain Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 x JW Traditional Ale
1 x Simpsons Maris Otter

Maybe some Best smoked if anyone wants to split? I'd go up to a half?

Lex said:
500g of Cascade still available if anyone is interested.
Hi Lex,

I will go halves in the US Cascade with you?

Aussie Brewer,

1 x Galaxy hops

Cheers.

Pratty1 said:
Hi Lex,

I will go halves in the US Cascade with you?
They're yours Pratty.

Aussie Brewer, are you happy for us to organise splitting bags of grain here? I would be interested in a half bag of Vienna (Best) if it's alright with you, and if anyone else is keen.

Also interested in splitting any of the following hops: Amarillo, Simcoe, Willamette, Challenger, Fuggles, Northdown, Target.

Don't add these to the order yet, just seeking expressions of interest.

Cheers

Lex said:
Also interested in splitting any of the following hops: Amarillo
Hi Lex,

I ordered 1 x Galaxy and really dont need an entire kg...lol.

Would be interested to swap 500g of galaxy plus $10 for 500g of Amarillo for your 1kg proposed order?

By all means do all the splitting you like. I was also going to suggest there be an open discussion, on speciality malts. It's a big undertaking on my behalf but willing to give it a go you only learn from your mistakes lol. We will probably end up with more then 10 participants in the buy. If we pick a few bags of speciality malts I would probably seperate them into 2.5kg lots and vacuume seal them. Would have to add a small fee to cover the sealing bags but that's all. Thoughts?

Jurt said:
1 x JW Traditional Ale
1 x Simpsons Maris Otter
Maybe some Best smoked if anyone wants to split? I'd go up to a half?
Wouldn't mind 1/2 bag of smoke. Jurt if that's allrite.

Would love 1 GP and 1 Torrified wheat, but am not able to get on the computer at the moment....

Will see if there's space to add mine in if I get online tomorrow from work.

I live out west and have easy transport so happy to grab and drop off to those that can't get there too.

Scooby Tha Newbie said:
Wouldn't mind 1/2 bag of smoke. Jurt if that's allrite.
Cool, then let's do it!

I'd be fine to just grab a couple of 20l buckets and dump half into those and the rest can stay in the bag if you want scooby?

1 x Marris otter
1 x Best Pils

Many thanks

Lex said:
They're yours Pratty.

Aussie Brewer, are you happy for us to organise splitting bags of grain here? I would be interested in a half bag of Vienna (Best) if it's alright with you, and if anyone else is keen.

Also interested in splitting any of the following hops: Amarillo, Simcoe, Willamette, Challenger, Fuggles, Northdown, Target.

Don't add these to the order yet, just seeking expressions of interest.

Cheers
Lex,

Will Defo take that other half of Best Vienna.

Also half or quarter of proposed Willamette, Fuggles and Northdown.

Anyone interested in splitting; Falconers Flight, Zythos, Vic Secret, EK Golding, Hallertau, Saaz, Tettnang, US Cascade, El dorado?

Happy to go quarteries on any of the above. FYI Falconers Flight Rocks!

Speciallty Malt splits sounds good. I'd be in for some Briess Victory and Best Munnich 2, Maybe Best Melanoidon and Briess Carramunich.

I'm down in Canberra and happy to help distribute through out the region - Illawarra and High Country if anyones interested.

Cheers, JB

1 x Golden Promise
1 x Malted Wheat
1 x Centennial

Thanks for organizing the bulk buy Aussie Brewer! Greatly appreciate your work :)

aussie brewer said:
By all means do all the splitting you like. I was also going to suggest there be an open discussion, on speciality malts. It's a big undertaking on my behalf but willing to give it a go you only learn from your mistakes lol. We will probably end up with more then 10 participants in the buy. If we pick a few bags of speciality malts I would probably seperate them into 2.5kg lots and vacuume seal them. Would have to add a small fee to cover the sealing bags but that's all. Thoughts?
Sounds good to me, and more than happy for you to cover your costs. Organising the BB is a big enough undertaking it certainly shouldn't cost you anything. I'm happy to help out however I can, if you want assistance splitting grain/hops, doing the pick ups etc just let me know. Also have a few empty grain sacks if it's any help with doing half bags of grain etc.

Thanks for organising this. I would appreciate if you could put me down for three bags malt:
JW Export Pils
JW Munich
Simpsons Maris Otter.

Regards,

Pratty1 said:
Hi Lex,

Would be interested to swap 500g of galaxy plus $10 for 500g of Amarillo for your 1kg proposed order?
Lex,

Any chance of the above request from post 26? if not thats cool.

Dan

Jaded and Bitter said:
Anyone interested in splitting; Falconers Flight, Zythos, Vic Secret, EK Golding, Hallertau, Saaz, Tettnang, US Cascade, El dorado?

Happy to go quarteries on any of the above. FYI Falconers Flight Rocks!
I don't want to step on Aussie Brewer's Bulk Buy, but I'm already starting to lose track of some of the hop splits I've started or want a part of. Can I propose something like this (Aussie Brewer, feel free to tell me to f off if you've got this covered! :) ):

Amarillo - Lex 500g, Pratty1 500g (1kg Full)
Galaxy - Pratty 500g (500g left)
Simcoe - Lex 250g (750g left)
Willamette - Lex 250g+, J&B 250g+ (up to 500g left)
Challenger - Lex 250g+, (up to 750g left)
Fuggles - Lex 250g+, J&B 250g+ (up to 500g left)
Northdown - Lex 250g+, J&B 250g+ (up to 500g left)
Target - Lex 250g (750g left)
Falconers Flight - J&B 250g (750g left)
Zythos - J&B 250g (750g left)
Vic Secret - J&B 250g (750g left)
EK Golding - J&B 250g (750g left)
Hallertau - J&B 250g, Lex 250g (500g left)
Saaz - J&B 250g (750g left)
Tettnang - J&B 250g, Lex 250g (500g left)
US Cascade - Lex 500g, Pratty1 500g (1kg FULL), J&B 250g (750g left)
El dorado - J&B 250g (750g left)

Where + indicates that the user may take more. I haven't included any of the hop splits that were organised before Aussie Brewer's last grain/hops total update.

Perhaps we get Aussie Brewer's OK before we start to update this list, sorry if I should have PMd first.

Pratty1 said:
Hi Lex,

Pratty (Dan), Galaxy wouldn't be my first pick (I've only used it once and still undecided), but I've included it in the list above and if no one else wants to split I'll go halves with you, maybe you can help me out with a recipe.

Cheers

First of all please everyone PM me your mobile number as i will need that for the pick up.

I have to apologize as I have been at work for the last few days I have not kept track of the post. We only have TWO bags of grain remaining so at this stage no further grain orders to be made until I establish if we are going for two pallets. (so we can split specialty malts)

As for the hops issue. Thanks Lex for getting it into order for me. This is how i think it should be done. If you want to split hops there will be a small fee to cover the vacuum sealing bags for me, thats a given. Now if your interested in hops post how much you are interested in, however if you say you want them you have to be prepared in taking more then you ask for;

eg: if you say you want 250g of Fuggles and only one other person says they want 250g of Fuggles then you guessed it you both get 500g of fuggles. So lets keep it simple don't ask for a split unless you willing to take at least 500g as i wont add it to the order until there is at least two people interested unless you let me know that your taking a kilo.

Amarillo - Lex 500g, Pratty1 500g (1kg Full); Josh 500g (500g left)
Galaxy - Pratty 500g (500g left)
Simcoe - Lex 250g + Josh 500g (250g left)
Willamette - Lex 250g+, J&B 250g+ (up to 500g left)
Challenger - Lex 250g+, (up to 750g left)
Fuggles - Lex 250g+, J&B 250g+ (up to 500g left)
Northdown - Lex 250g+, J&B 250g+ (up to 500g left)
Target - Lex 250g (750g left)
Falconers Flight - J&B 250g (750g left)
Zythos - J&B 250g (750g left)
Vic Secret - J&B 250g (750g left)
EK Golding - J&B 250g (750g left)
Hallertau - J&B 250g, Lex 250g (500g left)
Saaz - J&B 250g (750g left)
Tettnang - J&B 250g, Lex 250g (500g left)
US Cascade - Lex 500g, Pratty1 500g (1kg FULL), J&B 250g (750g left)
El dorado - J&B 250g (750g left)

Latest posts

Back