Sydney Bulk Grain Buy July/august 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. pimpsqueak ( 2 sacks: 1x BB Ale Malt, 1 x Weyermann Pilsner )
2. kario ( 2 sacks: 1x Joe White Traditional Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pilsner )
3. jimmyjackpot (2 sacks: 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x Weyermann Light Munich)
4. DJR (1 sack - 1x Briess Pale Ale Malt)
5. gobern (4 sacks - 1x BB Ale, 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner, 1 Bairds Pale Ale)
6. tredog ( 1 sack: 1 x BB Ale Malt )
7. adryargument ( 4 sack: 2 x Wey Pale Ale, 1 x Bairds GP, 1 x Bairds MO) May change, need to do a grain inventory over next week.

4. DJR (1 sack - 1x Briess Pale Ale Malt)
5. gobern (4 sacks - 1x BB Ale, 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner, 1 Bairds Pale Ale)
6. tredog ( 1 sack: 1 x BB Ale Malt )
7. adryargument ( 4 sack: 2 x Wey Pale Ale, 1 x Bairds GP, 1 x Bairds MO) May change, need to do a grain inventory over next week.

Running Total = 16 sacks

*just added the running total back in*

Sorry guys I am going to drop out of this buy

4. gobern (4 sacks - 1x BB Ale, 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner, 1 Bairds Pale Ale)
5. tredog ( 1 sack: 1 x BB Ale Malt )
6. adryargument ( 4 sack: 2 x Wey Pale Ale, 1 x Bairds GP, 1 x Bairds MO) May change, need to do a grain inventory over next week.

Running Total = 15 sacks

C'mon everyone! I want some grain :icon_cheers:

Okay then...

4. gobern (4 sacks - 1x BB Ale, 1x Weyermann Pilsner, 1x Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner, 1 Bairds Pale Ale)
5. tredog ( 1 sack: 1 x BB Ale Malt )
6. adryargument ( 4 sack: 2 x Wey Pale Ale, 1 x Bairds GP, 1 x Bairds MO) May change, need to do a grain inventory over next week.
7. Josh (2 sacks: 1 x Weyermann Pilsner, 1 x Bairds GP)

Running total = 17 sacks.

Only 5 days until this bulk buy closes(regardless of the count), so if you want to be part of it, now would be the time to chime in.

Here's the latest update:

Bairds Pale Ale Malt is out of stock, so Gobern, you will have to select another grain.

Also, The current count is only 17, a long way short of the minimum 30. For the bulk buy to happen it's going to have to go with one of Pats orders. This will require Pat to juggle his orders around to accommodate the bulk buy. The upshot is that I will need to close the bulk buy early and collect the individual payments so that I can transfer the full payment by Friday afternoon. Pat wants to order over the coming weekend and seeing as this bulk buy is entirely dependent on him to get the numbers and proceed any further, I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

If you're unable to pay me in time so I can make the payment on Friday, you need to let me know right now.
Those able to pay should PM me and I will get you the details when I get home. (currently on iPhone and it's too fiddly for me to PM them to you all right now).

This bulk buy is closed now.
I have PM'd everyone and I'm waiting for your replies.
If we can't all wrap this up pronto, then it's entirely Pat's call as to whether this buy goes ahead with less than 17 bags.

Cheers,
Happy to pay whenever. Also happy to go to 6 bags if you need more:
2x way pale, 1x simpsons GP, 2x simpsons MO, 1x simpsons Heritage Crystal

Thank you for your replies.
As it stands currently, one person has not gotten back to me and one is unable to commit to paying tonight.
With adryarguments offer to bump his order to 6 sacks, we are only at 13 sacks total.

Even though Pat has graciously offered to help us out, I can't really see the buy going ahead, but I will contact him when I get home and see what he says.
I would have liked to have moved on this during the day, but I have been at TAFE, transposing algebra all afternoon.
This is my excuse and I'm happy with it :)

Sorry guys, but this bulk buy is a bust.

We've all done our best and Pat has been a real champion, but without the numbers it's just been too tricky to make it work.

Hopefully the next time one of these rolls around, everyones supplies will be running low and it will be easy to get a pallet together.

Sorry guys, but this bulk buy is a bust.

We've all done our best and Pat has been a real champion, but without the numbers it's just been too tricky to make it work.

Hopefully the next time one of these rolls around, everyones supplies will be running low and it will be easy to get a pallet together.

Arghh bum!

Why don't you just leave it open until Pat next makes an order?

Or, if we fill a pallet, Pat can order it especially for us?

We've got to eventually fill a pallet.

Thanks very much to Pimpsqueak for his efforts. Sorry for the disappointment for everybody else.

Pat

Apologies to Pimpsqueak as I had not replied. Had been away and early closing caught me unawares.My order was 4 sacks and could have increased to 5 but still not enough. Hope it works better next time.

anyone keen to organise one of these, stock are running a little low :(

unfortunately, i do not have the facilities to accept a pallet, but happy to help out in other ways if i can

i'd be in for half a dozen sacks

donburke said:
anyone keen to organise one of these, stock are running a little low :(

unfortunately, i do not have the facilities to accept a pallet, but happy to help out in other ways if i can

i'd be in for half a dozen sacks
I was going to look into running one in a few weeks.

6 from you, 6 from me, 6 from someone else I know... most of the way there ;)

Stux said:
I was going to look into running one in a few weeks.

6 from you, 6 from me, 6 from someone else I know... most of the way there ;)

ooooh - pick me! pick me! I'll take three!

I'm in for my original order:

2 sacks: 1x Joe White Traditional Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pilsner

Back